Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TD Character Creator (Web Site)

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 9 months ago #85

Druegar wrote: I think it would be great if the In Game Checklist for clerics showed modified turn damage if they have a +Damage holy symbol equipped.

E.g., on a 5th-level cleric with a Greater Holy Symbol of Pelor equipped, it says:
• Improved Turn Undead - Deals 9 or 12 damage to all undead
It would be really useful if it said "Deals 18 or 24 damage to all undead" instead.

Clerics can't swap holy symbols, so this won't change mid-game.


I'll see what I can do
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 6 months ago #86

Trying the website again and love the graphic interface. However, when equipping the Runestone Fitting Base, I cannot choose the same Runestone twice. (I always double-up on decay) Is this a bug or was there a new ruling about doing this?
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 6 months ago #87

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: was there a new ruling about doing this?

Rules-wise, you definitely may equip two Runestone Fitting Bases.
What I'm not so sure about is stacking. I had it in my head that you could stack same-name runestone effects, but I can't find a reference for that. So unless I can find a source that says otherwise, assume runestones (not bases) follow the no duplicate items rule.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 6 months ago #88

Druegar wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: was there a new ruling about doing this?

Rules-wise, you definitely may equip two Runestone Fitting Bases.
What I'm not so sure about is stacking. I had it in my head that you could stack same-name runestone effects, but I can't find a reference for that. So unless I can find a source that says otherwise, assume runestones (not bases) follow the no duplicate items rule.


I remember that ruling too but it's been at least 3 years since I've seen it as it was at that time that I started using the Fitting Base, inquired about the rule, and started stacking them.

So right now, Cranston's app allows it, but TD Character Creator does not. So in either case someone will need to adjust their program.
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #89

Charm of Awakened Synergy is not being recognized as a Charm of Synergy.

Steps to recreate.

Equip of CoS on one character and CoAS on another. Put them in the same party. The character with CoS will not have the +1 HP for the other CoAS. The CoAS character is not getting any extra HP (should be +2 in this case).
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #90

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 1987

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Druegar wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: was there a new ruling about doing this?

Rules-wise, you definitely may equip two Runestone Fitting Bases.
What I'm not so sure about is stacking. I had it in my head that you could stack same-name runestone effects, but I can't find a reference for that. So unless I can find a source that says otherwise, assume runestones (not bases) follow the no duplicate items rule.


I remember that ruling too but it's been at least 3 years since I've seen it as it was at that time that I started using the Fitting Base, inquired about the rule, and started stacking them.

So right now, Cranston's app allows it, but TD Character Creator does not. So in either case someone will need to adjust their program.


Page 14 Dungeon Masters Guide:

"Note: Other than weapons and RUNESTONE FITTING BASEs, no character may equip more than one item of the same name—no matter what rarity the items are."


So if I read that correctly, TD Character Creator has it right, but if Cranston's app allows duplicate runestones, it seems to be a bug.
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #91

Trent wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Druegar wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: was there a new ruling about doing this?

Rules-wise, you definitely may equip two Runestone Fitting Bases.
What I'm not so sure about is stacking. I had it in my head that you could stack same-name runestone effects, but I can't find a reference for that. So unless I can find a source that says otherwise, assume runestones (not bases) follow the no duplicate items rule.


I remember that ruling too but it's been at least 3 years since I've seen it as it was at that time that I started using the Fitting Base, inquired about the rule, and started stacking them.

So right now, Cranston's app allows it, but TD Character Creator does not. So in either case someone will need to adjust their program.


Page 14 Dungeon Masters Guide:

"Note: Other than weapons and RUNESTONE FITTING BASEs, no character may equip more than one item of the same name—no matter what rarity the items are."


So if I read that correctly, TD Character Creator has it right, but if Cranston's app allows duplicate runestones, it seems to be a bug.


Continuing that thought: “Tokens that are not equipped aren’t generally restricted in this way.” (from PHB)

Technically, a Runestone is not equipped. It’s a consumable, per the PHB.

So I’m not so sure Cranston’s app is wrong.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #92

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Trent wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Druegar wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: was there a new ruling about doing this?

Rules-wise, you definitely may equip two Runestone Fitting Bases.
What I'm not so sure about is stacking. I had it in my head that you could stack same-name runestone effects, but I can't find a reference for that. So unless I can find a source that says otherwise, assume runestones (not bases) follow the no duplicate items rule.


I remember that ruling too but it's been at least 3 years since I've seen it as it was at that time that I started using the Fitting Base, inquired about the rule, and started stacking them.

So right now, Cranston's app allows it, but TD Character Creator does not. So in either case someone will need to adjust their program.


Page 14 Dungeon Masters Guide:

"Note: Other than weapons and RUNESTONE FITTING BASEs, no character may equip more than one item of the same name—no matter what rarity the items are."


So if I read that correctly, TD Character Creator has it right, but if Cranston's app allows duplicate runestones, it seems to be a bug.


Continuing that thought: “Tokens that are not equipped aren’t generally restricted in this way.” (from PHB)

Technically, a Runestone is not equipped. It’s a consumable, per the PHB.

So I’m not so sure Cranston’s app is wrong.

Actually the apps originally did not allow multiples of the same runestone, but was changed a year or two ago when it was ruled that you can have more than one, although runestones used in the Runestone Fitting Base must be rares, so only rares can be duplicated.

From the Token Database for Runestone Fitting Base :

A Runestone Fitting Base allows a character to benefit from the same Rare runestone more than once, so long as the player turns in the appropriate number of runestones before the adventure. E.g., if a player turned in two Venom Runestones and used one Runestone Fitting Base, all the hits made by the melee weapon the base was attached to would deal +2 Poison damage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #93

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 1987

Cranston wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Trent wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Druegar wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: was there a new ruling about doing this?

Rules-wise, you definitely may equip two Runestone Fitting Bases.
What I'm not so sure about is stacking. I had it in my head that you could stack same-name runestone effects, but I can't find a reference for that. So unless I can find a source that says otherwise, assume runestones (not bases) follow the no duplicate items rule.


I remember that ruling too but it's been at least 3 years since I've seen it as it was at that time that I started using the Fitting Base, inquired about the rule, and started stacking them.

So right now, Cranston's app allows it, but TD Character Creator does not. So in either case someone will need to adjust their program.


Page 14 Dungeon Masters Guide:

"Note: Other than weapons and RUNESTONE FITTING BASEs, no character may equip more than one item of the same name—no matter what rarity the items are."


So if I read that correctly, TD Character Creator has it right, but if Cranston's app allows duplicate runestones, it seems to be a bug.


Continuing that thought: “Tokens that are not equipped aren’t generally restricted in this way.” (from PHB)

Technically, a Runestone is not equipped. It’s a consumable, per the PHB.

So I’m not so sure Cranston’s app is wrong.

Actually the apps originally did not allow multiples of the same runestone, but was changed a year or two ago when it was ruled that you can have more than one, although runestones used in the Runestone Fitting Base must be rares, so only rares can be duplicated.

From the Token Database for Runestone Fitting Base :

A Runestone Fitting Base allows a character to benefit from the same Rare runestone more than once, so long as the player turns in the appropriate number of runestones before the adventure. E.g., if a player turned in two Venom Runestones and used one Runestone Fitting Base, all the hits made by the melee weapon the base was attached to would deal +2 Poison damage


That's why as someone who works in software development I say things like, "So if I read that correctly," hehe.

So it seems the Dungeon Master's Guide and TD Character Creator need updating then! :)
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #94

Now that you guys have sort out something from a month ago, I want to make sure that acherin does see that there is a bug with the Charm of Awakened Synergy....lol.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #95

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 1987

jedibcg wrote: Now that you guys have sort out something from a month ago, I want to make sure that acherin does see that there is a bug with the Charm of Awakened Synergy....lol.


Sssshhhh....we're busy hijacking your post!

:P
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 1 year 5 months ago #96

Trent wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Now that you guys have sort out something from a month ago, I want to make sure that acherin does see that there is a bug with the Charm of Awakened Synergy....lol.


Sssshhhh....we're busy hijacking your post!

:P


I have seen both and will release an update soon B)
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds