Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TD Character Creator

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #61

Rob F wrote: the bonus on the Token says +4 to AC if a monster is attacking me with a missile weapon.

It's another way of saying, "This shield gives you a +2 to AC across the board. In addition to that broad +2 AC, if a monster is attacking you with a missile weapon, you get an additional +2 to your AC." Because all that can't fit on a token and still be readable, a more abbreviated, and unfortunately, not as clear version was used. That verbiage is certainly is sub-optimal, but since my TARDIS is kaput, we're stuck with it. The best I can do is try to explain it.

Rob F wrote: So if, let's say, I have a 30AC when I'm attacking with my Ranged weapon and a monster is firing back at me with a ranged weapon shouldn't I get a +4 AC bonus for an effective AC of 34 in this situation?

Your AC would be 32 if a monster is attacking you with a missile weapon
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #62

Rob F wrote: Ring of Dark health does not add the +1 damage for Melee and it also doesn't add the Darkrift type.


Anything that has a situational bonus associated to it is not shown on the party card. As not all monsters can be considered "living" I could not justify having it added. Someone correct me if I am wrong I have never coached only dungeon mastered.

As for the other errors identified they will be fixed soon.

Rob F wrote: If we had to vote I'd give this one a thumbs up in terms of being an authorized character builder for TD.


Thanks again Rob your testing has been truly invaluable.
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #63

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 6772
I am now starting to entire my main build characters and only through Bard so I expect this list to grow but here is what I have so far.

On the In Game Checklist (which I love by the way)
Under
Once Per Round
BARD
+3 damage to undead (this should say +2 Long Bow of the Sun like you do for the instruments or it looks looks like I get it when using melee)
May physically attack while singing (this should say Widseth's Mystical Lute like you do for the instruments)
May cast spells while singing (Briano's Blessed Bodhran like you do for the instruments)

BARBARIAN
In the hands of a barbarian, this weapon deals an additional +3 damage against a monster that is larger than human-size (it doesn't say what weapon it is - +2 Great Club of Bashing)

CLERIC
Improved Turn Undead - Deals 9 or 12 damage to all undead. (it would be nice if this calculated the Greater Holy Symbol [or all holy symbols] automatically here).

RANGER
I am getting a +1 to hit that I should, that I haven't yet been able to track down. I will update when I can.




Looks like the 2009 +1 Sling is missing for all characters. My wizards need a range weapon...lol. 2008 Bracer of Quivering Palm is missing for Monks in both mainhand and offhand.


+2 Boom Stick is not allowing me to equip Archer's Buckler. +1 Darkwood Longbow is not adding its +1 to Range Hit.

I would like the ability to copy characters. The change of character for Dungeon to Grind might be only changing a few tokens. I would rather be able to copy a character and change a few than build an entirely new character. (My two wizard builds are identical so I would to build one and copy the other).

On the character create screen not certain why Wizard is not alphabetically in order while the other classes are.

Looks like if you load 12 characters into a party with all of them wearing charms of synergy you get +12 HP instead of +10. Granted the spreadsheet does the same thing, but I edit the spreadsheet so the max Synergy I can get is 10. from the tokendb "The maximum HP bonus per wearer is +10. E.g., if for some strange reason your party consists of 11 people and every member of your party equips a Charm of Synergy, each person would receive +10 to their max HP from this item–not +11."


I am done for now except the mysterious +1 to hit for ranger, which I haven't yet been able to track down.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #64

Acherin wrote:

Rob F wrote: Ring of Dark health does not add the +1 damage for Melee and it also doesn't add the Darkrift type.


Anything that has a situational bonus associated to it is not shown on the party card. As not all monsters can be considered "living" I could not justify having it added. Someone correct me if I am wrong I have never coached only dungeon mastered.

As for the other errors identified they will be fixed soon.

Rob F wrote: If we had to vote I'd give this one a thumbs up in terms of being an authorized character builder for TD.


Thanks again Rob your testing has been truly invaluable.


You might want to collaborate with other designers in determining how situational is too situational,

For example, ring of brilliance does sacred, and good aligned outsiders are immune to sacred.

Amorgen's spreadsheet, I believe adds 1 for ring of dark health, and 3 for ring of brilliance, unconditionally.

Conditional damage tokens are basically useless, as the dm has no way of knowing and having to interrupt them to ask if a token has an effect and switch up their math for 1-3 points of damage is not a good way to survive the combat encounter.
Pick your Purple and discounted token packs: discount-dungeon.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #65

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Acherin wrote:

Rob F wrote: Ring of Dark health does not add the +1 damage for Melee and it also doesn't add the Darkrift type.


Anything that has a situational bonus associated to it is not shown on the party card. As not all monsters can be considered "living" I could not justify having it added. Someone correct me if I am wrong I have never coached only dungeon mastered.

As for the other errors identified they will be fixed soon.

Rob F wrote: If we had to vote I'd give this one a thumbs up in terms of being an authorized character builder for TD.


Thanks again Rob your testing has been truly invaluable.


You might want to collaborate with other designers in determining how situational is too situational,

For example, ring of brilliance does sacred, and good aligned outsiders are immune to sacred.

Amorgen's spreadsheet, I believe adds 1 for ring of dark health, and 3 for ring of brilliance, unconditionally.

Conditional damage tokens are basically useless, as the dm has no way of knowing and having to interrupt them to ask if a token has an effect and switch up their math for 1-3 points of damage is not a good way to survive the combat encounter.


Oh I completely agree with conditional damage tokens being useless in practice. As for the ring of brilliance I do add the damage currently for the exact reason you stated if a monster is immune to sacred the damage it is reduced as is specified on the monster sheet. If there was a official ruling stating that undead or non-living monsters were immune to darkrift then I would say that the damage for the ring of dark health be added to the party card.
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Acherin.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #66

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 6772
I am done posting my main builds for my party. I will hold off a couple days before doing any of the additional builds. Please see my post above for the issues and suggestions I have.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #67

Ring of Dark Health should be on the party card IMO. The DM can subtract it if the monster is immune to darkrift. If it were the other way around, you'd have to ask the DM every time if the monster is "living" (if it's not obvious) and then inform the DM you have +1 damage. That would be a huge pain and time sink.
Classes Played: Barbarian (15 times), Cleric (9), Fighter (8), Monk (8), Rogue (6), Dwarf Fighter (6), Ranger (5), Paladin (5), Druid (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (1).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #68

Jeff321 wrote: Ring of Dark Health should be on the party card IMO. The DM can subtract it if the monster is immune to darkrift. If it were the other way around, you'd have to ask the DM every time if the monster is "living" (if it's not obvious) and then inform the DM you have +1 damage. That would be a huge pain and time sink.


I agree
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 7 months ago #69

jedibcg wrote: +2 Boom Stick is not allowing me to equip Archer's Buckler.


It also seems to think the +2 Boom Stick is a Mighty weapon for me, because I'm seeing my Strength bonus applied to the ranged damage when I have that token equipped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 6 months ago #70

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 6772
I went back to this just because I had some free time. Looks like Acherin fixed some of the things I had noticed. I can now equip a archer's buckler with the Boom Stick. My Ranger no longer has a +1 to hit I could not explain.

However I still don't see the 2009 +1 Sling for Wizards. Nor the Bracers of Quivering Palm for Monk.

So if I were asked (which no one has) I would say this guy still needs a pause on being an accepted by coaches. It seems really close to me though.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 6 months ago #71

All reported bugs have been fixed including adding BC's +1 Sling. Parties can now be exported as a pdf, note that as of now cabal scroll bonus do not work in the pdf I will have that updated soon.
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tdcharactercreator.com 1 year 3 months ago #72

The holidays are finally coming to a close and I will now have more time to dedicate towards enhancing the site. I have added most of the 2018 token set and have added a mobile friendly view for party cards. Note if you don't see the updated page on your mobile phone you will need to clear your phones cache.

Enjoy and Happy New Year!
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds