Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Weight loss challenge 2.0

Weight loss challenge 2.0 3 months 1 week ago #49

bpsymington wrote: Officially downgraded to size 36 shorts from size 38. Woot.


Nice!
Questing for 9th level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 4 weeks ago #50

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15660
Back to toot my own horn! I am so close to 25 pounds I can taste it (but I can't eat it) - of course that's since I started in June, not since we started this challenge.

I got into all of this because at my physical in June my blood work showed my cholesterol was high enough that the doctor put me on generic Lipitor. I had to return after two months to recheck the blood work.

In the two months, my total cholesterol went down 45.5%, my LDL (bad) cholesterol went down 58%, and my triglycerides fell 31.5%. Going back in another two months for another check.

Let the celebration commence!
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bpsymington.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 4 weeks ago #51

bpsymington wrote: Back to toot my own horn! I am so close to 25 pounds I can taste it (but I can't eat it) - of course that's since I started in June, not since we started this challenge.

I got into all of this because at my physical in June my blood work showed my cholesterol was high enough that the doctor put me on generic Lipitor. I had to return after two months to recheck the blood work.

In the two months, my total cholesterol went down 45.5%, my LDL (bad) cholesterol went down 58%, and my triglycerides fell 31.5%. Going back in another two months for another check.

Let the celebration commence!


WHOO-HA!!! Way to go!
Questing for 9th level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 4 weeks ago #52

Awesome job!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 4 weeks ago #53

Also not direct in this challenge but i hit 27 pounds last week :)

I think I am currently at 17 since the start of this.

Slow and steady is working

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 4 weeks ago #54

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Also not direct in this challenge but i hit 27 pounds last week :)

I think I am currently at 17 since the start of this.

Slow and steady is working


Awesome! 17 since the start is a lot!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 4 weeks ago #55

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Also not direct in this challenge but i hit 27 pounds last week :)

I think I am currently at 17 since the start of this.

Slow and steady is working


Awesome! 17 since the start is a lot!


Thanks!

250 by GHC is my goal. Currently 274

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 3 weeks ago #56

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15660

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Also not direct in this challenge but i hit 27 pounds last week :)

I think I am currently at 17 since the start of this.

Slow and steady is working


Awesomesauce
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 3 weeks ago #57

I think Jeff posted in the wrong thread.....

Jeff Martin wrote: Being away for 8 days at PAX West has not been good for my context performance! Which one of y'all got PAX to invite us to PAX West to throw my off my game? Clever.

First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 3 weeks ago #58

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Online
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6572
I'm down 25/a pants size since we started, and generally hating life (only half kidding). Cut down to 1500 calories, no carbs, and started walking 5-10k a day with a backpack of tokens (took today off from walking for vtd), also occasionally lifting weights again (but that's been hard to stick to).

It's working, but today my mom asked me to hit the deli and buy some fresh baked buns before coming over to her place. My gods, I have never wanted to eat anything so bad. But grunnel and his tasty loafs shall not best me. Honestly though, I have a bag down stairs and it's taking a lot of effort to not just go plow through them all.

Apperntly I only have two modes, all or none.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 3 weeks ago #59

Picc wrote: I'm down 25/a pants size since we started, and generally hating life (only half kidding). Cut down to 1500 calories, no carbs, and started walking 5-10k a day with a backpack of tokens (took today off from walking for vtd), also occasionally lifting weights again (but that's been hard to stick to).

It's working, but today my mom asked me to hit the deli and buy some fresh baked buns before coming over to her place. My gods, I have never wanted to eat anything so bad. But grunnel and his tasty loafs shall not best me. Honestly though, I have a bag down stairs and it's taking a lot of effort to not just go plow through them all.

Apperntly I only have two modes, all or none.


Next time you buy for her get 1 or 2 for you and consider them a treat. It helps to occasionally indulge. You're less likely to break and stop working completely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weight loss challenge 2.0 2 months 3 weeks ago #60

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Online
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6572

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I think Jeff posted in the wrong thread.....

Jeff Martin wrote: Being away for 8 days at PAX West has not been good for my context performance! Which one of y'all got PAX to invite us to PAX West to throw my off my game? Clever.


Jeff pictured here
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds