Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Try discussing here....

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #313

Here’s all I have left to say.

This all started on another thread, where everyone was rejoicing about the return of GHC. So was I, until they announced their vaccine mandate. And I shared that I was heartbroken.

That’s all. I wasn’t trying to start a big debate. I guess I was looking for some sympathy from the only people who were nerdy enough like me to understand why not being able to go to GHC and see some of my friends was so… I can’t even think of the word. “Tragic” is way too melodramatic.

If I had known where that was going to lead I promise you, I’d have just kept my mouth shut from the start and said “have fun guys!” I regret that very first post.

"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #314

Disappointed?

You're in charge of your choices and their consequences Brad.

Everyone, please keep Sharing your truth.

Discussion and genuine conversation is the only way people really learn.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #315

“Disappointed” is too weak. It’s more complicated but we can go with that.

"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #316

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6820
For what it's worth, I 100% sympathize Brad. The isolation has been the hardest part of all this. On the one hand seeing others starting to get out and live life again is heartening. On the other its gutting knowing your not with them (whatever the reason). I think that's a big part of the reason so many people are so on edge right now.

Personally at least talking through stuff like this out loud with friends and trusted professionals also makes it easier to come to decisions, but the current environment makes that difficult.

End of the day, I just hope everyone can hang in there, maybe have a little extra patience, and get through this ok.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #317

It has been a crazy 20 months, and we are all dealing with additional issues that have combined to create a tsunami of suck. Thank goodness for TD! Making fun for y'all has kept me sane, so thanks for sticking with TD through all of this.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #318

Jeff Martin wrote: It has been a crazy 20 months, and we are all dealing with additional issues that have combined to create a tsunami of suck. Thank goodness for TD! Making fun for y'all has kept me sane, so thanks for sticking with TD through all of this.

quit trying to gloss over the important detail people missed. I think Wade Changed Brad's name to Bead. He replied. So does that mean Brad has taken a new name of bead? I need to know this.
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #319

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: It has been a crazy 20 months, and we are all dealing with additional issues that have combined to create a tsunami of suck. Thank goodness for TD! Making fun for y'all has kept me sane, so thanks for sticking with TD through all of this.

quit trying to gloss over the important detail people missed. I think Wade Changed Brad's name to Bead. He replied. So does that mean Brad has taken a new name of bead? I need to know this.


I think we can have a maximum of 3 Beads now, so Brad/Bead is still good to go!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #320

Mike Steele wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: It has been a crazy 20 months, and we are all dealing with additional issues that have combined to create a tsunami of suck. Thank goodness for TD! Making fun for y'all has kept me sane, so thanks for sticking with TD through all of this.

quit trying to gloss over the important detail people missed. I think Wade Changed Brad's name to Bead. He replied. So does that mean Brad has taken a new name of bead? I need to know this.


I think we can have a maximum of 3 Beads now, so Brad/Bead is still good to go!


I’ve been called worse. My friends can call me anything they like. Just don’t string me along. Ba-dump

"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #321

I felt like this topic needed to be created to channel all of the discussions to one place away from other threads. Please try to be civil. If this topic was to be locked everyone would just take it to another thread thus ruining everyone else's ability to avoid this topic if they choose.
Fall down......Go boom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 5 days ago #322

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15766

Adam Guay wrote: I felt like this topic needed to be created to channel all of the discussions to one place away from other threads. Please try to be civil. If this topic was to be locked everyone would just take it to another thread thus ruining everyone else's ability to avoid this topic if they choose.


+1
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 3 days ago #323

Sometimes I think we should have a separate part of the lords and ladies area just for intense debates, that way keeping most of the intense debate behind closed doors somewhat to the general public.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try discussing here.... 9 months 3 days ago #324

Rob F mentioned earlier about how social media influenced this topic now, but even over 100 years ago media influenced a lot too. My great grandfather died from the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918... I didn't know him (despite Fiddy telling people I am over 100), but it was only called Spanish flu because all the news about it came from the Spanish newspapers. Spain was not active in WWI, so their newspapers were still going out regularly. In truth, the virus most likely started in the US and was spread to Europe when the US entered WWI.

Someone else mentioned vaccine issues then, but there were no viral vaccines then. There were several antibiotics being used, but they only helped with the pneumonia resulting from the flu, and not the virus itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.613 seconds