Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #61

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


One nice thing about the Power Broker being introduced is that their first appearance is in the original Machine Man series by Jack Kirby. I think that series is underappreciated, so anything that draws attention to it is good. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #62

Mike Steele wrote:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


One nice thing about the Power Broker being introduced is that their first appearance is in the original Machine Man series by Jack Kirby. I think that series is underappreciated, so anything that draws attention to it is good. :)


And up goes its price, no doubt.
Questing for 9th level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #63

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624
Really enjoyed the episode. How long before we can stop using the spoiler text feature? After all, the topic title says SPOILERS.

How about we use the spoiler feature until the Saturday after each episode airs?
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #64

bpsymington wrote: Really enjoyed the episode. How long before we can stop using the spoiler text feature? After all, the topic title says SPOILERS.

How about we use the spoiler feature until the Saturday after each episode airs?


While its nice for people to be cautious, I have to agree that if anyone opens this thread and is upset to see a spoiler, that's on them. The title is pretty explicit regarding potential content.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #65

Dave wrote:

bpsymington wrote: Really enjoyed the episode. How long before we can stop using the spoiler text feature? After all, the topic title says SPOILERS.

How about we use the spoiler feature until the Saturday after each episode airs?


While its nice for people to be cautious, I have to agree that if anyone opens this thread and is upset to see a spoiler, that's on them. The title is pretty explicit regarding potential content.


I agree. I avoid looking at this thread until I've seen the latest episode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #66

Mike Steele wrote:

Dave wrote:

bpsymington wrote: Really enjoyed the episode. How long before we can stop using the spoiler text feature? After all, the topic title says SPOILERS.

How about we use the spoiler feature until the Saturday after each episode airs?


While its nice for people to be cautious, I have to agree that if anyone opens this thread and is upset to see a spoiler, that's on them. The title is pretty explicit regarding potential content.


I agree. I avoid looking at this thread until I've seen the latest episode.

Same, and I’m not even terribly invested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #67

Best description I’ve seen about falcon, which is probably why I find him... meh?

Isn’t Falcon just a worse version of Iron Man at this point? Like, he flies. That’s it. Not even talking Tony’s final nano tech suit, the original silver prototype armor (not the cave suit) is better than the newest Falcon tech. He’s got Red Wing, but that’s stark tech, there’s no reason you couldn’t slap that on a suit of Iron Man armor and vastly upgrade Sam’s capabilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #68

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10241

Endgame wrote: Best description I’ve seen about falcon, which is probably why I find him... meh?

Isn’t Falcon just a worse version of Iron Man at this point? Like, he flies. That’s it. Not even talking Tony’s final nano tech suit, the original silver prototype armor (not the cave suit) is better than the newest Falcon tech. He’s got Red Wing, but that’s stark tech, there’s no reason you couldn’t slap that on a suit of Iron Man armor and vastly upgrade Sam’s capabilities.


As I hero I can see that. As a person there is a lot more at play imo. Tony was a spoiled rich boy, imo. Sam has role in society is more interesting plot mechanic the way they are using it in the show. Now if that makes good tv or not I will everyone decide on their own. I prefered Wandavision because it made for better watercooler talk, however in the end it was just entertainment, the Falcon and the Winter Soldier has the potentail to be more than just entertainment, imo.....again if that makes good tv or not each has to decide.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #69

The show is leaning harder into social injustice than I was expecting. I'm wondering if we'll see more of Isaiah Bradley's story.

Slightly related. With Eli Bradley showing up we've seen the MCU appearance of four character that are in the Young Avengers. Cassie Lang, Billy and Tommy, and now Eli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #70

Brokkr wrote: The show is leaning harder into social injustice than I was expecting. I'm wondering if we'll see more of Isaiah Bradley's story.

Slightly related. With Eli Bradley showing up we've seen the MCU appearance of four character that are in the Young Avengers. Cassie Lang, Billy and Tommy, and now Eli.


Kate will be in the Hawkeye show also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #71

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624

Mike Steele wrote:

Brokkr wrote: The show is leaning harder into social injustice than I was expecting. I'm wondering if we'll see more of Isaiah Bradley's story.

Slightly related. With Eli Bradley showing up we've seen the MCU appearance of four character that are in the Young Avengers. Cassie Lang, Billy and Tommy, and now Eli.


Kate will be in the Hawkeye show also.


I think they are building up to Young Avengers in some form.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let’s talk Falcon and the Winter Soldier - SPOILERS 6 months 3 weeks ago #72

bpsymington wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Brokkr wrote: The show is leaning harder into social injustice than I was expecting. I'm wondering if we'll see more of Isaiah Bradley's story.

Slightly related. With Eli Bradley showing up we've seen the MCU appearance of four character that are in the Young Avengers. Cassie Lang, Billy and Tommy, and now Eli.


Kate will be in the Hawkeye show also.


I think they are building up to Young Avengers in some form.


Absolutely. I could see that being a new series/movie in a few years.
Team Synergy, 2012-Present
Interested in joining us? Feel free to send a PM!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds