Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS!

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #85

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rebeg.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #86

jedibcg Devil's banjo 666 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:
I'm glad Disney+ is dropping an episode per week instead of the entire series at one time like Netflix. :)

I think it works well for Wandavision. I don't think it worked well at all for season 1 of The Mandalorian. I am not convinced it worked well for season 2 either.


I liked it one episode at a time with Mandalorian as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #87

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10241

Mike Steele wrote:
I liked it one episode at a time with Mandalorian as well.

For season one the episodes were so short and there was not a good story arc over the season I would have to disagree. There was nothing making me want to see what happens in the next episode based on the previous episode. The only desire to continue watching for me was "this show is eventually going to get good."
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #88

jedibcg Devil's banjo 666 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:
I liked it one episode at a time with Mandalorian as well.

For season one the episodes were so short and there was not a good story arc over the season I would have to disagree. There was nothing making me want to see what happens in the next episode based on the previous episode. The only desire to continue watching for me was "this show is eventually going to get good."


We definitely had a different season 1 experience. For me, Season 1 wasn't "this show is eventually going to get good" but rather "this show is awesome from the very start". :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #89

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10241

Mike Steele wrote:
We definitely had a different season 1 experience. For me, Season 1 wasn't "this show is eventually going to get good" but rather "this show is awesome from the very start". :)

Comparing it to anyone other season 1 show that I think did well, I don't think it makes top 25. In no particular order.
Lost, The Walking Dead, Wandavision, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, The Witcher, Game of Thrones, Heroes, Americans, Mad Men, Westworld, Mistfits, Twin Peaks, His Dark Materials, Spy, It Crowd, Picard, Once Upon a Time, The Handmaid's Tale, Hannibal, Silicon Valley, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, The Boys, Rome, Sherlock, and The Umbrella Academy.
Now they all might be good in later seasons, but I think they all did a much better job of getting me hook in the first season. They either had a better story and/or better characters that made me want to watch the next episode because I cared about the show. For The Mandalorian I wanted to care about the show, but didn't until the second season.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #90

jedibcg Devil's banjo 666 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:
We definitely had a different season 1 experience. For me, Season 1 wasn't "this show is eventually going to get good" but rather "this show is awesome from the very start". :)

Comparing it to anyone other season 1 show that I think did well, I don't think it makes top 25. In no particular order.
Lost, The Walking Dead, Wandavision, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, The Witcher, Game of Thrones, Heroes, Americans, Mad Men, Westworld, Mistfits, Twin Peaks, His Dark Materials, Spy, It Crowd, Picard, Once Upon a Time, The Handmaid's Tale, Hannibal, Silicon Valley, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, The Boys, Rome, Sherlock, and The Umbrella Academy.
Now they all might be good in later seasons, but I think they all did a much better job of getting me hook in the first season. They either had a better story and/or better characters that made me want to watch the next episode because I cared about the show. For The Mandalorian I wanted to care about the show, but didn't until the second season.


No worries, everyone's tastes are different, and I'm sure nearly everyone has a unique top 25 list. Mandalorian (including Season 1) would be on mine. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #91

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624
I read an article presenting the theory that the Quicksilver that appeared is not actually Pietro, but is ..... LOKI! This would allow them to connect to the upcoming Loki show, possible Dr. Strange 2, the next Thor movie, etc.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #92

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10241
Interesting theory, but it would be hard to convince me why Loki would show up. What is there for him to gain by showing up? Remember the Loki is 2012 Loki...with the Tesseract
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #93

bpsymington wrote: I read an article presenting the theory that the Quicksilver that appeared is not actually Pietro, but is ..... LOKI! This would allow them to connect to the upcoming Loki show, possible Dr. Strange 2, the next Thor movie, etc.


I also read that it might not be Quicksilver at all, but just someone in town (maybe Ralph) reprogrammed to think he's quicksilver, and the resemblance is just an Easter egg coincidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #94

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624

jedibcg Devil's banjo 666 wrote: Interesting theory, but it would be hard to convince me why Loki would show up. What is there for him to gain by showing up? Remember the Loki is 2012 Loki...with the Tesseract


The idea was that Loki was being forced to work for the TVA (Time something Authority) and he is manipulating Wanda to have her free him. Then he wipes the Authority out, which allows the rise of Kang.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #95

bpsymington wrote:

jedibcg Devil's banjo 666 wrote:
The idea was that Loki was being forced to work for the TVA (Time something Authority).


The V stands for Variance.
Questing for 9th level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dave Autzen.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 8 months 1 week ago #96

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10241

bpsymington wrote:

jedibcg Devil's banjo 666 wrote: Interesting theory, but it would be hard to convince me why Loki would show up. What is there for him to gain by showing up? Remember the Loki is 2012 Loki...with the Tesseract


The idea was that Loki was being forced to work for the TVA (Time something Authority) and he is manipulating Wanda to have her free him. Then he wipes the Authority out, which allows the rise of Kang.


Yes anything is possible, but you try to get anything like that done in 4 episodes seems very unlikely. To be clear what I mean is just explaining Loki there would derail the entire show with so little episodes left.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds