Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS!

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #193

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15660
I'm off the theory of another Big Bad like Mephisto. Seems odd to have Agatha as a Big Bad - I know she has often been a mentor for Wanda in the comics. She sure seemed like a Big Bad in the Salem scene (but she did ask the coven for help at one point).

I was disappointed that they didn't deal with the Monica/Fietro business - hate to have to wait another week!

This episode flew by!
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #194

bpsymington wrote: This episode flew by!


Man, it sure did.

I enjoyed the episode overall. I liked that they fleshed out Wanda and Vision's history a bit. It seems like there's still a lot to do in one episode, but--I'm still hopeful.

(Looks like my "Ian McKellan showing up as Wanda's father from another reality" theory isn't happening. Moving all of my chips over to Patrick Stewart.)
Team Synergy, 2012-Present
Interested in joining us? Feel free to send a PM!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #195

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15660
So there is still a lot to get through:
Who is the missing witness Agent Woo was looking for?
What is Hayward up to? Certainly seems to be a villain at this point - why did he lie about Wanda breaking in and stealing Vision's body?
Where is Dr. Strange? As the Sorceror Supreme he should be aware of the use of so much magic, between Wanda and Agatha. Could he be the big cameo coming up?
Is Fietro an actual connection to the X-men universe? Agatha did say she couldn't use Pietro's actual body.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #196

bpsymington wrote: So there is still a lot to get through:
Who is the missing witness Agent Woo was looking for?
What is Hayward up to? Certainly seems to be a villain at this point - why did he lie about Wanda breaking in and stealing Vision's body?
Where is Dr. Strange? As the Sorceror Supreme he should be aware of the use of so much magic, between Wanda and Agatha. Could he be the big cameo coming up?
Is Fietro an actual connection to the X-men universe? Agatha did say she couldn't use Pietro's actual body.


Don't forget, is there a Ralph? Agatha mentioned him several times.

I'm starting to wonder if every one of these loose threads will be tied up in the final episode or not. It's a lot to pack into approximately 40 minutes! Unless they give us an oversize final episode.

I read an interview where Fiege said no matter how many episodes they were broken into, the Marvel Disney+ seasons would all add up to about 6 hours of content each.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #197

Updates on the commercials:

The first commercial is a Stark Industries toaster with a flashing red light.

The first memory room Wanda goes into with Agatha ends up with a Stark Industries bomb with a flashing red light.

The second commercial features a Strucker watch, which implies HYDRA.

The second room in Wanda's memory is the time she spent with HYDRA.

The analogy seems to break down there though - I don't see what the Hydra Soak commercial has to do with Wanda' grieving Pietro's death at SHIELD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #198

So just rewatched. When Wanda is in Agathas basement. She looks
Off to her left in a scene. There is a flaming symbol. Can someone rewatch. Does it look like magneto’s helmet?
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #199

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: So just rewatched. When Wanda is in Agathas basement. She looks
Off to her left in a scene. There is a flaming symbol. Can someone rewatch. Does it look like magneto’s helmet?


First one:


Second one:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #200

the first does look like mageto's helmet a bit
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #201

i thought it looked like the M from the mistress of the marsh.


hmmmmmm.
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20+ runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #202

I thought it looked like her tiara thing. The eye holes on Magneto's helmet are usually more rounded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #203

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15660

Mike Steele wrote:

bpsymington wrote: So there is still a lot to get through:
Who is the missing witness Agent Woo was looking for?
What is Hayward up to? Certainly seems to be a villain at this point - why did he lie about Wanda breaking in and stealing Vision's body?
Where is Dr. Strange? As the Sorceror Supreme he should be aware of the use of so much magic, between Wanda and Agatha. Could he be the big cameo coming up?
Is Fietro an actual connection to the X-men universe? Agatha did say she couldn't use Pietro's actual body.


Don't forget, is there a Ralph? Agatha mentioned him several times.

I'm starting to wonder if every one of these loose threads will be tied up in the final episode or not. It's a lot to pack into approximately 40 minutes! Unless they give us an oversize final episode.

I read an interview where Fiege said no matter how many episodes they were broken into, the Marvel Disney+ seasons would all add up to about 6 hours of content each.


I understand the last episode will be the longest one.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Let's talk WandaVision - SPOILERS! 9 months 1 week ago #204

I figure there are several bad guys. Which is a bigger bad is up in the air, some may just be an introduction for now.
Things to ponder: Are the twins real at this point? If they are just fake like magic Vision, will they just crumble away?
How was Hayward tracking magic Vision? Wanda didn't have the real body, and they weren't tracking something on her. Is it that the magic Vision still gives off vibranium vibes or what?
Why does Agatha have a theme song? Is she really as in control as she thinks, or is there someone else watching all of them?

Suspicions so far:
Having played enough TD, Hayward's name, if slightly manipulated, is Haydraw, which is suspiciously close to Hydra for me. My suspicion in this is increased given he had a hex-shaped pattern in the wall diplomas in his office, which Wanda would have seen at least a little. It's the only hex thing we've really seen outside of the Hex itself, or direct displays of it. Given his later comments about having disassembled and reassembled Vision for five years trying to get him to turn on, he seems very intent on power - a common Hydra trait. This also torpedoes the idea that the current Hayward is different than the one from a few weeks ago. This has been the plan for some time.
One of the most puzzling pieces for me is why did Vision buy a house lot? Did he actually do this, or is this another manipulation? We didn't see Wanda receive this deed. Was it in a will but someone had it planted there? Did it only show up in her car? Is there another magic-user in play that manipulated her to go to this location? Agatha only came her after Wanda had her blow-up.
Either way, why some out-of-the-way place in New Jersey? Hydra is associated with technology AND magic - anything to get them more power. Was there something magical about this place already? So it seems likely that this is a manipulation by Hayward or some other magic user (not Agatha) to send Wanda to this specific area.
Looking at the commercials, they seem to be chronological to Wanda's history. Each commercial has a specific product name and marketing language that directly ties to that history. Stark, Strucker, and Hydra all are clear about having an impact in Wanda's life (there seem to be more commercials than scenes in Agatha's wayback door). But Yo-magic was weird - a grinning shark (Hayward? Mephisto? Other?) hands the starving castaway the answer to their prayers - if they can access it. Is this merely metaphor for her life wasting away if she doesn't open that door and bring Vision back as Hayward suggested? Or is creating this reality consuming her and she needs to open the path to learning real magic and her true potential? The last commercial is a pill for Nexus 'because reality doesn't revolve around you'. While some sites suggest this could be a throwback to Age of Ultron, it's out of place in the chronology of these commercials. This seems more a reference to the Nexus, the place that connects all realities, which Wanda is tied to in the comics. So it seems likely they are leading up to their Multiverse of Madness either at the end of this show or that Wanda will be key to opening that door in the future. But bringing this back to Westview, perhaps whatever led Wanda her it was ultimately because the veil is thinner here. If it is the Nexus, it could lead to a surprise visit from Man-Thing (not to be confused with Swamp-Thing). That could be a big actor like Keanu Reeves or someone like him that has been floating around as 'rumored to be coming to Marvel' for some time.

Just some ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds