Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: now for something different

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #37

Charm of Brooching.

You can never wear too many cloaks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #38

dave romanin wrote: You can never wear too many cloaks.

But you CAN wear too many jackets.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #39

Druegar wrote:

dave romanin wrote: You can never wear too many cloaks.

But you CAN wear too many jackets.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


New slot! (Please, no)
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #40

Harlax wrote:

Druegar wrote:

dave romanin wrote: You can never wear too many cloaks.

But you CAN wear too many jackets.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


New slot! (Please, no)


the I can't put my arms down slot?
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #41

I find it incredibly satisfying to be involved in the design of tokens. At (the event held in Carbondale in the winery) some of us were divided into groups to brainstorm token designs, and one of the things I wanted to do was combine the function of older gear (since we knew it would be phased out) into multi-effect items. A commonly requested item for the button on my sashes has always been Small Steel Mirror/Small Silver Mirror - when you need it, you REALLY need it! And since at the time, the BiS off hand item for ranged rangers was an uncommon (Archer’s Buckler) - they were ripe for combining. Thinking of Perseus facing a Medusa with a mirrored shield, I proposed a Mirrored Archer’s Buckler. While it didn’t make the main set, it was printed and is now my favorite token.

As an aside, in the same session Don Rients suggested that he was extremely tired of Eric Chiang using acid as a damage type in True Grind, so wanted a token to give Acid Resistance. And now we have Ioun Stone Glass Sphere and Ioun Stone Glass Cube.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #42

binia wrote: I find it incredibly satisfying to be involved in the design of tokens. At (the event held in Carbondale in the winery) some of us were divided into groups to brainstorm token designs, and one of the things I wanted to do was combine the function of older gear (since we knew it would be phased out) into multi-effect items. A commonly requested item for the button on my sashes has always been Small Steel Mirror/Small Silver Mirror - when you need it, you REALLY need it! And since at the time, the BiS off hand item for ranged rangers was an uncommon (Archer’s Buckler) - they were ripe for combining. Thinking of Perseus facing a Medusa with a mirrored shield, I proposed a Mirrored Archer’s Buckler. While it didn’t make the main set, it was printed and is now my favorite token.

As an aside, in the same session Don Rients suggested that he was extremely tired of Eric Chiang using acid as a damage type in True Grind, so wanted a token to give Acid Resistance. And now we have Ioun Stone Glass Sphere and Ioun Stone Glass Cube.


That is super-awesome! Which convention gave the Mirrored Archer's Buckler away as a completion token? I should pick one up. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #43

It was at the first Pax South, Mike. Wish I had been to that one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #44

binia wrote: It was at the first Pax South, Mike. Wish I had been to that one!


It was Awesome!
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #45

Mad Evoker's Charm

Really don't care about the extra damage, but I've gotten to experience death in the dungeon over 50 times in the last two years due to that token. You find out who your friends are when someone is willing to shove a mystic mushroom down your throat. Ah, the good times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #46

Dave wrote: Mad Evoker's Charm

Really don't care about the extra damage, but I've gotten to experience death in the dungeon over 50 times in the last two years due to that token. You find out who your friends are when someone is willing to shove a mystic mushroom down your throat. Ah, the good times.

they story with it is better than the token itself . awesome
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #47

Just saw this. My first UR was also a +2 Holy Greatsword that was my only UR for at least 6 or 7 years.

Since then, I've become a big fan of Charm of Spell Swapping. Want to be a damage druid or healing druid? Want to be a sliding Wizard or not?

Picking one, it's the +2 Holy Greatsword though.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

now for something different 1 year 1 month ago #48

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Just saw this. My first UR was also a +2 Holy Greatsword that was my only UR for at least 6 or 7 years.

Since then, I've become a big fan of Charm of Spell Swapping. Want to be a damage druid or healing druid? Want to be a sliding Wizard or not?

Picking one, it's the +2 Holy Greatsword though.

is that because you play the class i can't play :)
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds