Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Orion's Belt...

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #13

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256

Picc wrote:

Grekel! wrote:

Fred K wrote:

Xavon wrote: We need a Galaxy Charm, so we can have a Galaxy on Orion's Belt.

+1 - although, an Ioun Stone is more fitting since it floats/flies.
The Galaxy Stone (transmuted relic) - This stone provides access to a higher level of power making all damage done by the user to be eldritch.
Components of the transmute: Ioun Stone Infernal Fire Prism (UR) (because it harnesses energy), Ioun Stone Iridesent Spindle (rare)(because it sustains you without air - an oblique space reference), Fae Starlight Armor (rare)(harnessing a star's power), Star Runstone (common)(just for the star reference) - add various monster bits that have cthulhu or space-monster type references (Mind Slayer, etc) and 1 of each trade good type.

Fred

Not sure about the exact power you're describing... but not opposed either... I LOVE the concept -

I'd want to add one more wrinkle... Galaxy stone is only a modifier to Orion's belt... Gotta have the belt to equip the stone...


That would make it a fun chase item for next year. though after a few years of this it would restrict the people who could benefit from the chase.


Quandary then...

How to improve and keep cool factor?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #14

Grekel! wrote:

Picc wrote:

Grekel! wrote:

Fred K wrote:

Xavon wrote: We need a Galaxy Charm, so we can have a Galaxy on Orion's Belt.

+1 - although, an Ioun Stone is more fitting since it floats/flies.
The Galaxy Stone (transmuted relic) - This stone provides access to a higher level of power making all damage done by the user to be eldritch.
Components of the transmute: Ioun Stone Infernal Fire Prism (UR) (because it harnesses energy), Ioun Stone Iridesent Spindle (rare)(because it sustains you without air - an oblique space reference), Fae Starlight Armor (rare)(harnessing a star's power), Star Runstone (common)(just for the star reference) - add various monster bits that have cthulhu or space-monster type references (Mind Slayer, etc) and 1 of each trade good type.

Fred

Not sure about the exact power you're describing... but not opposed either... I LOVE the concept -

I'd want to add one more wrinkle... Galaxy stone is only a modifier to Orion's belt... Gotta have the belt to equip the stone...


That would make it a fun chase item for next year. though after a few years of this it would restrict the people who could benefit from the chase.


Quandary then...

How to improve and keep cool factor?

Galaxy stone does X.
+Y if equipped with orions belt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #15

Endgame wrote:

Grekel! wrote:
Quandary then...

How to improve and keep cool factor?

Galaxy stone does X.
+Y if equipped with orions belt


Sounds like a set bonus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #16

Arnold wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Grekel! wrote:
Quandary then...

How to improve and keep cool factor?

Galaxy stone does X.
+Y if equipped with orions belt


Sounds like a set bonus.


Sun & Moon Iuon Stones
+ North Star Charm

Unlock the power of Orion!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #17

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5735

Phil Norton wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Grekel! wrote:
Quandary then...

How to improve and keep cool factor?

Galaxy stone does X.
+Y if equipped with orions belt


Sounds like a set bonus.


Sun & Moon Iuon Stones
+ North Star Charm

Unlock the power of Orion!


For the record, I would be ok with a chase item requiring orions belt. It's not like it would turn up in a pack after all. It could even be the start of a new multi year meta puzzle. I love deep secrets like that, just knowing they're out there makes the game feel way more alive.

Maybe we could spend a few years unlocking items through the meta quests gaining access to mysterious relics as we go, then once we've unlocked the set release formulas for a legendary versions of the items to the wider community with discounted formulas if you have the quest relics or something.

Speaking of which has anyone checked orions for RFIDs yet, stray teal pixels, or under black light yet. After all relics should have legendaries, this might not be over yet...

Doubt it but now that I've said it even as a joke Im going to look.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #18

It would be interesting to make getting the Galaxy an out of game experience. Force the transmute to include a selfie of yourself with a "star," an original vhs copy of an episode of "keep looking up" from PBS, something from nasa, etc..

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #19

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5735

Fred K wrote: It would be interesting to make getting the Galaxy an out of game experience. Force the transmute to include a selfie of yourself with a "star," an original vhs copy of an episode of "keep looking up" from PBS, something from nasa, etc..

Fred


I'd be down for a scavenger hunt, though I kind of feel like the VHS should be a Will smith movie :laugh:
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #21

Endgame wrote: Independence day vhs?


No, "I am Legend" and you have to watch the terrible movie end to end to qualify.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #22

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5735

Fred K wrote:

Endgame wrote: Independence day vhs?


No, "I am Legend" and you have to watch the terrible movie end to end to qualify.

Fred


Honestly I like that movie (but I might just be remembering it charitably)
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #23

Picc wrote:

Fred K wrote:

Endgame wrote: Independence day vhs?


No, "I am Legend" and you have to watch the terrible movie end to end to qualify.

Fred


Honestly I like that movie (but I might just be remembering it charitably)


Recall bias is a real thing. ;)
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Orion's Belt... 2 months 3 weeks ago #24

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Picc wrote:

Fred K wrote:

Endgame wrote: Independence day vhs?


No, "I am Legend" and you have to watch the terrible movie end to end to qualify.

Fred


Honestly I like that movie (but I might just be remembering it charitably)


Recall bias is a real thing. ;)


For what it's worth, Rotten Tomatoes shows both audience and critic scores at 68%.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds