Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NFL survival pool my donated token revealed

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #73

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1983
Well if that is the case I'll have my wife join. She can pick by blind luck since she hasn't watched football religiously in the past 3 years.
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #74

Ro-gan wrote: Well if that is the case I'll have my wife join. She can pick by blind luck since she hasn't watched football religiously in the past 3 years.


And chances are she'd probably win. This is one of those pools where you absolutely run the risk of overanalyzing. It's more a case of, you can look at the records and see who the good teams are, you can see who everyone else is picking, just narrow it down to a few choices and then go with gut instinct or whoever has the prettier uniforms (your choice).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #75

Have her join. Get us over

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #76

Looks like we hit 25. Someone double check.

We will take more. You have 45 min

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #77

I count 25.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #78

Copying the list into Excel counts 25 also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #79

Dave wrote:

Ro-gan wrote: Well if that is the case I'll have my wife join. She can pick by blind luck since she hasn't watched football religiously in the past 3 years.


And chances are she'd probably win. This is one of those pools where you absolutely run the risk of overanalyzing. It's more a case of, you can look at the records and see who the good teams are, you can see who everyone else is picking, just narrow it down to a few choices and then go with gut instinct or whoever has the prettier uniforms (your choice).


Its not about over/under analyzing it at all. Its really just picking the right team at the right time. With luck being on your side.
The very first True Arena Champ and I have the plaque to prove it. 2006<br />I'm not happy 'til their blood is on the ground.<br />Member of West Michigan Marauders<br />Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.<br />                                        Will S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #80

There's definitely a little skill involved, but there are a lot of resources at your disposal to help make your decision easier. A simple Google search for NFL Vegas Odds or looking at the right side of the pick site will help you out.

A Survival Pool to me is about risk mitigation. Which team is going to give me the best chance of winning this week? You never know what could happen with trades and injuries for future weeks. Your goal is to pick a winner this week and worry about next week when it comes.

I know a lot of people will save good teams that have 'no brainer' match-ups later in the year. But for me, it's about winning now.

Someone else said it earlier and I think it's accurate, the first couple weeks tend to be the hardest to predict. Teams have yet to hit their groove and others play way above their perceived talent level.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

And thanks Laz for setting this up and donating the earcuff. Really nice of you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Coopman.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #81

Coopman wrote: There's definitely a little skill involved, but there are a lot of resources at your disposal to help make your decision easier. A simple Google search for NFL Vegas Odds or looking at the right side of the pick site will help you out.

A Survival Pool to me is about risk mitigation. Which team is going to give me the best chance of winning this week? You never know what could happen with trades and injuries for future weeks. Your goal is to pick a winner this week and worry about next week when it comes.

I know a lot of people will save good teams that have 'no brainer' match-ups later in the year. But for me, it's about winning now.

Someone else said it earlier and I think it's accurate, the first couple weeks tend to be the hardest to predict. Teams have yet to hit their groove and others play way above their perceived talent level.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

And thanks Laz for setting this up and donating the earcuff. Really nice of you!


I agree with this. Saving a good team for later won't help if you lose this week. It's all about survival the first week or two and taking as little risk as possible. If you can survive into week 3 or beyond, then you might have to think a little bit more about your picks.

Now if you can take risks early and still survive, I guess then you might have an advantage. I wish anyone luck with that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #82

I picked a crappy team with a crappier match-up for week one, lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #83

Dave wrote: I agree with this. Saving a good team for later won't help if you lose this week. It's all about survival the first week or two and taking as little risk as possible. If you can survive into week 3 or beyond, then you might have to think a little bit more about your picks.

Now if you can take risks early and still survive, I guess then you might have an advantage. I wish anyone luck with that.

The problem is that there's very few teams we know are good right now, and they're all playing each other. The defending Super Bowl participants are playing each other Week 1, as are the other two defending Championship Game participants!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Allen John.

NFL survival pool my donated token revealed 7 years 9 months ago #84

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1983
So my wife joined and never made her pick. :blink:
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds