Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please!

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #61

Mike Steele wrote: I'd say the first is pretty close to last year since last year prevents the same damage against most damage types. But, for the sake of arguement, I'd revise it to -1 Damage from all sources this year, 2 points of Regeneration next year, +5 HP the 3rd year, and combine the three for the transmute (maybe bumping it back up to -2 damage from all sources at that point).


Or, now hear me out here, maybe we could keep the greaves slot relatively lower powered and not slot lock it like we have with legs.

I think a muti year transmute doesn't have to be Uber powerful for people to want it. Particularly if it is part of the Arcanum set.

I'm repeating myself, but if this stays in greaves, please add in greaves of Absorption as either
A. A wild card for one of the other 3 or
B. A substitute for relatively PYP value of trade goods in an alternate recipie

It will feel AWFUL for people who bought them in 2023 to have them immediately enter planned obsolescence
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #62

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd say the first is pretty close to last year since last year prevents the same damage against most damage types. But, for the sake of arguement, I'd revise it to -1 Damage from all sources this year, 2 points of Regeneration next year, +5 HP the 3rd year, and combine the three for the transmute (maybe bumping it back up to -2 damage from all sources at that point).


Or, now hear me out here, maybe we could keep the greaves slot relatively lower powered and not slot lock it like we have with legs.

I think a muti year transmute doesn't have to be Uber powerful for people to want it. Particularly if it is part of the Arcanum set.

I'm repeating myself, but if this stays in greaves, please add in greaves of Absorption as either
A. A wild card for one of the other 3 or
B. A substitute for relatively PYP value of trade goods in an alternate recipie

It will feel AWFUL for people who bought them in 2023 to have them immediately enter planned obsolescence


It did change my mind about acquiring one. It was on my list but won't go out of way now to add it.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #63

Bill wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd say the first is pretty close to last year since last year prevents the same damage against most damage types. But, for the sake of arguement, I'd revise it to -1 Damage from all sources this year, 2 points of Regeneration next year, +5 HP the 3rd year, and combine the three for the transmute (maybe bumping it back up to -2 damage from all sources at that point).


Or, now hear me out here, maybe we could keep the greaves slot relatively lower powered and not slot lock it like we have with legs.

I think a muti year transmute doesn't have to be Uber powerful for people to want it. Particularly if it is part of the Arcanum set.

I'm repeating myself, but if this stays in greaves, please add in greaves of Absorption as either
A. A wild card for one of the other 3 or
B. A substitute for relatively PYP value of trade goods in an alternate recipie

It will feel AWFUL for people who bought them in 2023 to have them immediately enter planned obsolescence


It did change my mind about acquiring one. It was on my list but won't go out of way now to add it.


Imagine if you already had.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #64

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Bill wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd say the first is pretty close to last year since last year prevents the same damage against most damage types. But, for the sake of arguement, I'd revise it to -1 Damage from all sources this year, 2 points of Regeneration next year, +5 HP the 3rd year, and combine the three for the transmute (maybe bumping it back up to -2 damage from all sources at that point).


Or, now hear me out here, maybe we could keep the greaves slot relatively lower powered and not slot lock it like we have with legs.

I think a muti year transmute doesn't have to be Uber powerful for people to want it. Particularly if it is part of the Arcanum set.

I'm repeating myself, but if this stays in greaves, please add in greaves of Absorption as either
A. A wild card for one of the other 3 or
B. A substitute for relatively PYP value of trade goods in an alternate recipie

It will feel AWFUL for people who bought them in 2023 to have them immediately enter planned obsolescence


It did change my mind about acquiring one. It was on my list but won't go out of way now to add it.


Imagine if you already had.


In Onyx.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #65

Exactly where healers are with Gauntlets of Divine Guidance.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #66

Flik wrote: Exactly where healers are with Gauntlets of Divine Guidance.


Which will hopefully also be changed, for the same reason.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #67

I'd even go with a trade in option if that were acceptable.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #68

Wings of Wrath

Love the artwork and name. (So many awesomely sinister looking items this year!) But I think it's a waste of a token as it was made for melee fighters and back slots are already filled with "will use" tokens versus a "might use" token like this.

It's abilities just don't hold a candle to a Shadowskin or many of the other +Saves cloaks useful to melee fighters. The original +4 damage text was made it much more alluring but even so, it's tough to give up +3 or more saves on the off chance that there may be a "ranged only" enemy.

Give us another way to leap/fly for one room again! ;)
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #69

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: Wings of Wrath

Give us another way to leap/fly for one room again! ;)


Uhh... that's exactly what this gives you, when combined with a couple other 1/room tokens like the charm. Alternatively pull out a ranged weapon.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #70

Greaves should have an offensively oriented ability on it to differentiate it from last year, but it is going to remain defensive in nature it should be something other than damage reduction. Maybe saves (fort one year, will the next, and then ref).
Last edit: by OrionW.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #71

Kusig wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Bill wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd say the first is pretty close to last year since last year prevents the same damage against most damage types. But, for the sake of arguement, I'd revise it to -1 Damage from all sources this year, 2 points of Regeneration next year, +5 HP the 3rd year, and combine the three for the transmute (maybe bumping it back up to -2 damage from all sources at that point).


Or, now hear me out here, maybe we could keep the greaves slot relatively lower powered and not slot lock it like we have with legs.

I think a muti year transmute doesn't have to be Uber powerful for people to want it. Particularly if it is part of the Arcanum set.

I'm repeating myself, but if this stays in greaves, please add in greaves of Absorption as either
A. A wild card for one of the other 3 or
B. A substitute for relatively PYP value of trade goods in an alternate recipie

It will feel AWFUL for people who bought them in 2023 to have them immediately enter planned obsolescence


It did change my mind about acquiring one. It was on my list but won't go out of way now to add it.


Imagine if you already had.


In Onyx.


I did 😂 in ONYX, tho if this multi year only gives -2 I prob won’t buy any of the 3 for it and just grab it later down the line cheap. The 2023 are just below the 3 fused together.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Images < Feedback Please! 1 year 4 months ago #72

With the tokens currently proposed, every class except Rogue will be given a new UR weapon they can equip. Please can Rogue be added to Acherin's Biting Bow, it would be a great UR weapon for a newish Rogue player with Nightshade's Throwing Dagger now cycled out of PYP.

I agree that Boots of Defiance could do with a bit of a boost, could they be amended to just state the player does not die until after the next round ends? Being able to buy an extra turn in room 7 would add a lot of appeal.

Troll Shield is an interesting design as it limits the holder to one-handed Ranged and Melee weapons while denying extra bonuses from a second shield. Reducing the STR bonus to 2 seems like a better match for UR power level to me.

I like the reprint choices, and the inclusion of a +2 Focus Ioun Stone. Wings of Wrath would likely benefit from granting +3 to saves instead of +2, which has precedent at UR level in the recent Lucky Cloak.

It feels a bit too soon to print Greaves of the Stalwart, with Greaves of Absorption only being printed a few months ago and currently being the BiS token. I'd be happy with the suggestion others have made, to include Greaves of Absorption in the transmute recipe in some way, which shouldn't cause too much difficulties as it will still be available at PYP for almost another two years.

I'd like to see more tokens like Charm of Trollform, for Druid or Wizard players who don't buy enough tokens to regularly use consumable polymorph potions but would like to play a polymorph build.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current Rogue Build
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds