Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #61

Joshua A Wien wrote:

Kusig wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: After some time away (and food!) I am inclined to agree with Kirk here. I wanted some cool unique power that folks would try to work toward to acquire -- sort of a good Safehold III power some folks would work to get to and then stop there. Giving 8 slots (that currently don't have a way to expand into more spots) the chance to make one more spot available fills that need.

The power level seems about right, too -- as I see this group of tokens something akin to a Legendary+ item. I don't see any huge problems here...like letting a character wear two different Giant Strength belts. But maybe you can think of something that would be super-broken?


These Follower tokens do


Along these lines can we replace Dragonkin's Figurine with Waist slot then?


I second this.

Orion’s Belt + vol iouns and charms at minimum. Never need to take another follower. Unless, of course, we could get a commitment for 0 creep at ioun and charm basically forever.
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #62

Jeff Martin wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: I may be in the minority, but I actually really like the follower tokens as presented in the v6 of the document. Specifically, you can only ever equip one follower and that follower allows you to do something that no other token lets you do -- one extra slot for something there is no other way to get an extra slot for. I think that's really cool, and it isn't crazy expensive to get to Safehold III and craft a single follower. That's a good level for a lot of players to get to. It's affordable and it grants a really cool and unique power. I also love the diversity that this will create -- if you look at a bunch of different builds, they'll tend to each benefit from a different slot to be expanded.

Then, if a player wants to go really hardcore (or, "Mythic" shall I say) then can move past that to Safehold II and I. But a newbie can just get a Safehold V and get something cool. A power player can go Safehold III and get a Follower. And us crazies can go to Safehold I.


After some time away (and food!) I am inclined to agree with Kirk here. I wanted some cool unique power that folks would try to work toward to acquire -- sort of a good Safehold III power some folks would work to get to and then stop there. Giving 8 slots (that currently don't have a way to expand into more spots) the chance to make one more spot available fills that need.

The power level seems about right, too -- as I see this group of tokens something akin to a Legendary+ item. I don't see any huge problems here...like letting a character wear two different Giant Strength belts. But maybe you can think of something that would be super-broken?


These Follower tokens do


How will this affect future slot expanders for those 8 areas ? If the catch is to open a slot there’s no other way to open then it would have to stay true for a very long time if ever or its draw would be gone. ( personally I’m okay with it opening a slot even on ones that already have an extra slot opened )
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #63

Reap wrote: Instead of "Safehold Level" can we call them "Safehold Tier" instead? I think semantically it makes more sense that the best tier is 1.

Safehold Tier V
Safehold Tier IV
Safehold Tier III
Safehold Tier II (Unlocks Mythic Tier II)
Safehold Tier I (Unlocks Mythic Tier I)


Great idea. +1 here.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #64

Tyraël The Just wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: I may be in the minority, but I actually really like the follower tokens as presented in the v6 of the document. Specifically, you can only ever equip one follower and that follower allows you to do something that no other token lets you do -- one extra slot for something there is no other way to get an extra slot for. I think that's really cool, and it isn't crazy expensive to get to Safehold III and craft a single follower. That's a good level for a lot of players to get to. It's affordable and it grants a really cool and unique power. I also love the diversity that this will create -- if you look at a bunch of different builds, they'll tend to each benefit from a different slot to be expanded.

Then, if a player wants to go really hardcore (or, "Mythic" shall I say) then can move past that to Safehold II and I. But a newbie can just get a Safehold V and get something cool. A power player can go Safehold III and get a Follower. And us crazies can go to Safehold I.


After some time away (and food!) I am inclined to agree with Kirk here. I wanted some cool unique power that folks would try to work toward to acquire -- sort of a good Safehold III power some folks would work to get to and then stop there. Giving 8 slots (that currently don't have a way to expand into more spots) the chance to make one more spot available fills that need.

The power level seems about right, too -- as I see this group of tokens something akin to a Legendary+ item. I don't see any huge problems here...like letting a character wear two different Giant Strength belts. But maybe you can think of something that would be super-broken?


How will this affect future slot expanders for those 8 areas ? If the catch is to open a slot there’s no other way to open then it would have to stay true for a very long time if ever or its draw would be gone. ( personally I’m okay with it opening a slot even on ones that already have an extra slot opened )


Agreed...we'd have to keep the "no other slot expanders" in those 8 areas for a decade + if not forever.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #65

Jeff Martin wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: I may be in the minority, but I actually really like the follower tokens as presented in the v6 of the document. Specifically, you can only ever equip one follower and that follower allows you to do something that no other token lets you do -- one extra slot for something there is no other way to get an extra slot for. I think that's really cool, and it isn't crazy expensive to get to Safehold III and craft a single follower. That's a good level for a lot of players to get to. It's affordable and it grants a really cool and unique power. I also love the diversity that this will create -- if you look at a bunch of different builds, they'll tend to each benefit from a different slot to be expanded.

Then, if a player wants to go really hardcore (or, "Mythic" shall I say) then can move past that to Safehold II and I. But a newbie can just get a Safehold V and get something cool. A power player can go Safehold III and get a Follower. And us crazies can go to Safehold I.


After some time away (and food!) I am inclined to agree with Kirk here. I wanted some cool unique power that folks would try to work toward to acquire -- sort of a good Safehold III power some folks would work to get to and then stop there. Giving 8 slots (that currently don't have a way to expand into more spots) the chance to make one more spot available fills that need.

The power level seems about right, too -- as I see this group of tokens something akin to a Legendary+ item. I don't see any huge problems here...like letting a character wear two different Giant Strength belts. But maybe you can think of something that would be super-broken?


I’m not sure if you’re counting the Figurine slot as one that can’t be expanded, but Psyffere’s spectacles allow an additional figurine slot already:

tokendb.com/token/psyferres-spectacles/

(And crown of allure lets you equip 2, although that is only a slot expansion for characters below a certain CHA).
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #66

If this stays true, then it will keep the uniqueness of the 8 follower tokens, and keep there desirability and everyone knows, you wanna wear 2 of any of these pieces, you must have a follower which requires SH III. if we lock these 8 up like this, I still like the idea of having 2 followers at the SH I level. Makes the balancing act of the other slots, and these more complex and allows for more options for gearing out for certain dungeons in my opinion.
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #67

Here are the slots which currently have no way to increase the number of tokens in those slots, excusing those whose grants are Rarity limited and consumable effects: the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Runestone Fitting Base, Wish ring.

Bead
Ear*
Feet
Hands*
Head*
Mainhand
Legs
Neck*
Offhand
Runestone
Shins
Shirt
Torso
Waist*
Wrist*

The starred slots themselves already have tokens available in them that expand _other_ slots.


Also, I suppose some of the Widseth’s bard instruments technically expand Mainhand and Offhand, and some artifacts probably mess with slots too.
Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #68

Rather than expanding slots, followers could make some token with some kind of particular effect slotless, e.g:

You may treat one token that gives a Focus bonus as slotless

You may treat one token that gives an AC bonus as slotless

Etc.
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #69

Matthew Hayward wrote: Here are the slots which currently have no way to increase the number of tokens in those slots, excusing those whose grants are Rarity limited and consumable effects: the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Runestone Fitting Base, Wish ring.

Bead
Ear*
Feet
Hands*
Head*
Mainhand
Legs
Neck*
Offhand
Runestone
Shins
Shirt
Torso
Waist*
Wrist*

The starred slots themselves already have tokens available in them that expand _other_ slots.


Also, I suppose some of the Widseth’s bard instruments technically expand Mainhand and Offhand, and some artifacts probably mess with slots too.


Runestone Fitting Base expands the Runestone slot, doesn't it?
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #70

Matthew Hayward wrote: Rather than expanding slots, followers could make some token with some kind of particular effect slotless, e.g:

You may treat one token that gives a Focus bonus as slotless

You may treat one token that gives an AC bonus as slotless

Etc.

Any limits? Immediate thoughts on the examples are Relsa’s and Byr’s.

What is the targeted power increase just from safehold 5-> 3? I’m wondering if it actually works out to be cheaper to get a rare build and then just do safehold iii because the cost per damage is better than any other upgrades.
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #71

Consumable bonus tokens.

Enchantment of haste - on this adventure you have quick strike and awareness. -2 on any fine dexterous action.
Enchantment of the beast - on this adventure your 2H attacks are +10, but your will saves is -2.
Etc.

Limit transmutes per year per safehold token.

Mythic enchantment of polymorph - for this convention, you may gain 6 in any physical stat, while also -2 in the other two.
$10 off at Trent Tokens!

Trade me stuff

Remember it's the year of the fighter!
The topic has been locked.

Safehold Program Targeted Feedback on Rules 1 year 2 months ago #72

For Hireling and Underling: once both slots open up, can we equip 2 of the same type? For instance: if I wanted to boost my melee hit chance, could I hire 2 Hireling Duelist ? ( both give + 1 to hit w/ melee giving me a total of + 2 for the hireling slots ) or is it only 1 of each named type at a time ?
Last edit: by Tyraël The Just.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds