Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #73

I like this much better. I would still would love to see the Greaves as a 4 or 5 star transmute instead...but a single UR is better than the transmute path to legendary.

Dual Glove path...could it just be one legendary path that like Muk's asks you to choose at start. I don't really see the reason this needs to be 2 different tokens. But if stays two I would like so see the ranged path go back the originally purposed Dex path instead of the damage path.

No 4C saddens me, but I understand, grumble, grumble stupid COVID.

Maybe still do the Ioun Stone as just an UR at 3 regen?
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #74

Jeff Martin wrote:

Dergidan wrote: Is there any chance of adding a completion token or monster trophy "4C" transmute (a-la Bead of the Lucky Traveler, Ring of Herosim, Icecrag Earcuff, etc)?


Sorry, but I think COVID has screwed up those plans. Things have been too screwy the past few years to do something like this. I don't want the non-VTD players to be left out. We can do one starting in 2022 since we will be at Gen Con this year.


I know that you don’t want to leave anyone out. But I think having a transmute that’s not powerful and more aims to be fun would be a better approach, if it’s not that powerful people won’t be that sad they missed out. Shoot steal the Grunnel Funnel from the Ultra Rares and make it the transmute.

Other ideas, reprint Soul Coffer with a new token name, it was a new convention completion token and is very difficult to find. Make a new slot less lamp that works on a different damage type, maybe poison. Amulet of Wonder gives a sub-race this year, a token that gives a sub-race could be fun.
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #75

Other 4C ideas:

3 regen ioun stone
Grunnel’s gift consumable
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #76

Jeff Martin wrote:

Dergidan wrote: Is there any chance of adding a completion token or monster trophy "4C" transmute (a-la Bead of the Lucky Traveler, Ring of Herosim, Icecrag Earcuff, etc)?


Sorry, but I think COVID has screwed up those plans. Things have been too screwy the past few years to do something like this. I don't want the non-VTD players to be left out. We can do one starting in 2022 since we will be at Gen Con this year.


I'd be happy to see them return starting in 2022.

To keep us from having a glut of Fleece, and to satisfy the VTD folks, could you consider an alternate recipe using VTD bits? Then VTD players could get the transmute sooner, but non VTD players would know about it and could collect for it.

I agree that it's important not to leave out the non-VTD players. Well said.

Thanks Jeff, for reading and considering all our feedback. As always we appreciate being included in this process. It's part of the fun of True Dungeon!
Last edit: by Dergidan.
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #77

Dergidan wrote: I'd be happy to see them return starting in 2022.

To keep us from having a glut of Fleece, and to satisfy the VTD folks, could you consider an alternate recipe using VTD bits? Then VTD players could get the transmute sooner, but non VTD players would know about it and could collect for it.


Wouldn't this just leave us with a glut of the bits to come? Or a glut of whatever they make? Sort of kicking the can down the road?
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #78

How about this for a 4c relic

Chameleons Ring, +2 to saves. Can be used as any other relic ring as part of a transmute.
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #79

Dergidan wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

Dergidan wrote: Is there any chance of adding a completion token or monster trophy "4C" transmute (a-la Bead of the Lucky Traveler, Ring of Herosim, Icecrag Earcuff, etc)?


Sorry, but I think COVID has screwed up those plans. Things have been too screwy the past few years to do something like this. I don't want the non-VTD players to be left out. We can do one starting in 2022 since we will be at Gen Con this year.


I'd be happy to see them return starting in 2022.

To keep us from having a glut of Fleece, and to satisfy the VTD folks, could you consider an alternate recipe using VTD bits? Then VTD players could get the transmute sooner, but non VTD players would know about it and could collect for it.

I agree that it's important not to leave out the non-VTD players. Well said.

Thanks Jeff, for reading and considering all our feedback. As always we appreciate being included in this process. It's part of the fun of True Dungeon!


I'd be very cautious using the term glut with monster bits. There are definitely players that have more monster bits than normal, but the overall token market may not. It is possible that fewer monster bits have been pulled in 2020/2021 than in 2018/2019. But since they are concentrated into fewer hands it can give the appearance of a glut (and those players may indeed have a surfeit of them).

But if people keep tossing around the term glut, we're going to see an increase of Fleece in recipes, and I suspect it could easily overshoot the actual overall availability in the market.
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #80

Is there any concern that 3x crits kind of step on the design space of Dwarf Fighter a bit? I am sure this could be addressed with a character card redesign later this fall, but it would be nice if the DFs got a boost somewhere if this transmute line is going to co-opt the 3x thing.

Is it possible the damage bonus + 3x crit is enough without the 19-20 crit expansion? Rewarding good sliders for hitting a nat 20 seems like a good idea. Expanding it to 19 lowers the bar for what constitutes good sliding, doesn't it?
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #81

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: This proposal includes boots becoming gloves, the choice is buy and transmute melee or ranged.

Also, I like the idea of honorarily named URs staying as is, so they see more play. A la Cranston's. Unless the plan would be to carry the name through.


Maybe transmute both sets, wear one glove of each, and wield a one-handed melee weapon with one and a sling with the other. ;)
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #82

Fiddy wrote:

Dergidan wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

Dergidan wrote: Is there any chance of adding a completion token or monster trophy "4C" transmute (a-la Bead of the Lucky Traveler, Ring of Herosim, Icecrag Earcuff, etc)?


Sorry, but I think COVID has screwed up those plans. Things have been too screwy the past few years to do something like this. I don't want the non-VTD players to be left out. We can do one starting in 2022 since we will be at Gen Con this year.


I'd be happy to see them return starting in 2022.

To keep us from having a glut of Fleece, and to satisfy the VTD folks, could you consider an alternate recipe using VTD bits? Then VTD players could get the transmute sooner, but non VTD players would know about it and could collect for it.

I agree that it's important not to leave out the non-VTD players. Well said.

Thanks Jeff, for reading and considering all our feedback. As always we appreciate being included in this process. It's part of the fun of True Dungeon!


I'd be very cautious using the term glut with monster bits. There are definitely players that have more monster bits than normal, but the overall token market may not. It is possible that fewer monster bits have been pulled in 2020/2021 than in 2018/2019. But since they are concentrated into fewer hands it can give the appearance of a glut (and those players may indeed have a surfeit of them).

But if people keep tossing around the term glut, we're going to see an increase of Fleece in recipes, and I suspect it could easily overshoot the actual overall availability in the market.


Game economics is just as challenging as the Fed Rate...
Jamie
AureliusBP


Ranger for Epic
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/b4b81c8d-c52e-4ffa-b291-a2eba22a6a8c


Updated 5/22/2023
CHECK OUT THE TOKENS FOR SALE
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=252721#397741


Am on Discord as AureliusBP if you want realtime chat.
ebay seller ID jcampbell04
www.ebay.com/usr/jcampbell04
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #83

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: Upon review, is the plan for the greaves to be a UR TBO token, or a "standard" UR token? I'm not clear.


Good point. I was assuming it was a standard UR, but reading it again it does sound like it is a Treasure Box only UR. I do like that idea, but I think I'd prefer it if it were a transmute where you could use a bunch of rare Greaves in the recipe. Maybe do both - make it a transmute, but include a bunch of them in treasure boxes also?
The topic has been locked.

2023 Transmuted Beta Token Images 2 years 1 month ago #84

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: Upon review, is the plan for the greaves to be a UR TBO token, or a "standard" UR token? I'm not clear.


Good point. I was assuming it was a standard UR, but reading it again it does sound like it is a Treasure Box only UR. I do like that idea, but I think I'd prefer it if it were a transmute where you could use a bunch of rare Greaves in the recipe. Maybe do both - make it a transmute, but include a bunch of them in treasure boxes also?

Lets say the Greaves were to become a transmute. Do it this way:

Remove them from UR and make them a Dark Blue Relic.
Recipe 1
one of each of the matching TBO Greaves + trade goods

Recipe 2
one of each moster bit from 2020-2023

They will be kind of common with 2 different transmute paths, but it covers the 4C request, and it also covers the request to transmute with TBO greaves.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds