Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2022 Recipe Discussion

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #73

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10295

Rob F wrote: I say hold the recipes as they are now. People only comment and complain a quantity is to "high" because they don't have those Tokens in hand. A few years ago Stone was more prevalent then Silk, now it's not. And years ago Hide and Steel were easier to come by. It's always going to change and you can't please everyone. Lock the thread now I say and move on, everyone will figure out how to make their transmutes.

Partially true, but that balancing act is what we are attempting to achieve because some things are more plentiful than others. If we didn't then it wouldn't balance out eventually as you say because there wouldn't be enough of something.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #74

jedibcg wrote:

Rob F wrote: I say hold the recipes as they are now. People only comment and complain a quantity is to "high" because they don't have those Tokens in hand. A few years ago Stone was more prevalent then Silk, now it's not. And years ago Hide and Steel were easier to come by. It's always going to change and you can't please everyone. Lock the thread now I say and move on, everyone will figure out how to make their transmutes.

Partially true, but that balancing act is what we are attempting to achieve because some things are more plentiful than others. If we didn't then it wouldn't balance out eventually as you say because there wouldn't be enough of something.

As shown by the quick sky rocketing of Stone price in auctions, there actually isn't very much excess tradegoods out there. If there was, people wouldn't have bid up Stone and just pulled from their existing stockpile. The Hide issue in this set is much worse than the stone issue in the last set, because hide already wasn't as plentiful given it wasn't in treasure, and there is a much higher quantity required of hide vs what is produced
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #75

Rob F wrote: I say hold the recipes as they are now. People only comment and complain a quantity is to "high" because they don't have those Tokens in hand. A few years ago Stone was more prevalent then Silk, now it's not. And years ago Hide and Steel were easier to come by. It's always going to change and you can't please everyone. Lock the thread now I say and move on, everyone will figure out how to make their transmutes.


And several years before that, Silk went for $10 apiece.

It's a matter of a few arguments, all of which have some merit.

The cost of these recipes is much higher than even just 4 years ago. Heck, even 2 years ago.

The items in lowest supply outside of 8k orders are hide and steel, which we don't get in treasure (thankfully).
If one uncommon weapon could convert to 3 units of hide, or if 1 oil could convert to 3 hide, I think you would hear a lot less debate about this.

A few players really supported VTD to help out during the Pandemic, and don't want to feel like things are escalating too quickly

The amount that comes from preorders doesn't allow people to get the hide and steel they need to craft things. The crafting game is fun for a lot of people. Requiring more purchases of people or secondary market purchases doesn't feel right.

I love your decisiveness Rob, I just disagree right now.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #76

  • Reap
  • Reap's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Diablo Fan
  • Posts: 2115

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I do still think.MH should be toned down, perhaps in favor of MS?

I'd go so far as to say -10 MH, +10 MS each.


Yes please.
Classes Played: Barbarian (38 times), Monk (34), Ranger (25), Rogue (19), Cleric (15), Fighter (11), Dwarf Fighter (9), Druid (7), Paladin (7), Bard (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #77

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Rob F wrote: I say hold the recipes as they are now. People only comment and complain a quantity is to "high" because they don't have those Tokens in hand. A few years ago Stone was more prevalent then Silk, now it's not. And years ago Hide and Steel were easier to come by. It's always going to change and you can't please everyone. Lock the thread now I say and move on, everyone will figure out how to make their transmutes.


And several years before that, Silk went for $10 apiece.

It's a matter of a few arguments, all of which have some merit.

The cost of these recipes is much higher than even just 4 years ago. Heck, even 2 years ago.

The items in lowest supply outside of 8k orders are hide and steel, which we don't get in treasure (thankfully).
If one uncommon weapon could convert to 3 units of hide, or if 1 oil could convert to 3 hide, I think you would hear a lot less debate about this.

A few players really supported VTD to help out during the Pandemic, and don't want to feel like things are escalating too quickly

The amount that comes from preorders doesn't allow people to get the hide and steel they need to craft things. The crafting game is fun for a lot of people. Requiring more purchases of people or secondary market purchases doesn't feel right.

I love your decisiveness Rob, I just disagree right now.

in 2013 silk hit 25-30$ each
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #78

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Rob F wrote: I say hold the recipes as they are now. People only comment and complain a quantity is to "high" because they don't have those Tokens in hand. A few years ago Stone was more prevalent then Silk, now it's not. And years ago Hide and Steel were easier to come by. It's always going to change and you can't please everyone. Lock the thread now I say and move on, everyone will figure out how to make their transmutes.


And several years before that, Silk went for $10 apiece.

It's a matter of a few arguments, all of which have some merit.

The cost of these recipes is much higher than even just 4 years ago. Heck, even 2 years ago.

The items in lowest supply outside of 8k orders are hide and steel, which we don't get in treasure (thankfully).
If one uncommon weapon could convert to 3 units of hide, or if 1 oil could convert to 3 hide, I think you would hear a lot less debate about this.

A few players really supported VTD to help out during the Pandemic, and don't want to feel like things are escalating too quickly

The amount that comes from preorders doesn't allow people to get the hide and steel they need to craft things. The crafting game is fun for a lot of people. Requiring more purchases of people or secondary market purchases doesn't feel right.

I love your decisiveness Rob, I just disagree right now.

in 2013 silk hit 25-30$ each


Further supporting my point, I think.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #79

Someone pointed out last year that a relic took approximately two 1k orders to make a relic, that seemed fine. Is the goal to have relics easy enough to make with a single 1k or 2k order? These seem out of spec with that. Are 8k orders still likely or are token prices going up? This was a thing I thought I read about earlier and wanted to know more also for this effort.

Thanks.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #80

Has anyone commented on the fact that the pirate maps are also going to play havoc with materials? It will even out the prices of T1 for sure, just where?
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #81

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10295

macxdmg wrote: Has anyone commented on the fact that the pirate maps are also going to play havoc with materials? It will even out the prices of T1 for sure, just where?

I am still not convinced on it. But DP & MS are what I am sitting on.

Someone mention that Pulls are going for $3 a piece and that this gets you 10 pulls. DP are going for less than a buck. So DP would make sense to dump into this. Except I don't think there are enough treasure buyers at $3 each to absorb all these....maybe there is and I just don't know. Though treasure might be going $3 I don't think it will stay at that price. I also don't understand why anyone would pay $3 a piece for pulls. Your odds of getting just a UR say you need 300 pulls. If you look at UR or better it only goes up to about 200 pulls to hit one. Sure it could be a Legendary but it is unlikely. For $900 you could buy a legendary though...depending on the legendary. So if you can sell them for $30 a pop do it. But if you are getting them to pull, don't expect a great return on your investment. Because of this I expect them to go for about what it cost to make them or less maybe $15. That means treasure pulls should effectively drop to $1.5. I admit this is all speculation and the assumption that there isn't a large enough group of folks that are willing to pay $3 a treasure. But we shall see.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #82

jedibcg wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Has anyone commented on the fact that the pirate maps are also going to play havoc with materials? It will even out the prices of T1 for sure, just where?

I am still not convinced on it. But DP & MS are what I am sitting on.

Someone mention that Pulls are going for $3 a piece and that this gets you 10 pulls. DP are going for less than a buck. So DP would make sense to dump into this. Except I don't think there are enough treasure buyers at $3 each to absorb all these....maybe there is and I just don't know. Though treasure might be going $3 I don't think it will stay at that price. I also don't understand why anyone would pay $3 a piece for pulls. Your odds of getting just a UR say you need 300 pulls. If you look at UR or better it only goes up to about 200 pulls to hit one. Sure it could be a Legendary but it is unlikely. For $900 you could buy a legendary though...depending on the legendary. So if you can sell them for $30 a pop do it. But if you are getting them to pull, don't expect a great return on your investment. Because of this I expect them to go for about what it cost to make them or less maybe $15. That means treasure pulls should effectively drop to $1.5. I admit this is all speculation and the assumption that there isn't a large enough group of folks that are willing to pay $3 a treasure. But we shall see.


I think the price be higher, but another consideration is that they can only be cashed in at PTD. I’m not sure it’s worth it to me to gamble on whether PTD will be at Origins next year. (or beg for a rules change to allow Treasure map pulls by mail).
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #83

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10295

Lequinian wrote:
I think the price be higher, but another consideration is that they can only be cashed in at PTD. I’m not sure it’s worth it to me to gamble on whether PTD will be at Origins next year. (or beg for a rules change to allow Treasure map pulls by mail).


You could be right but considering you can make them for a bit more than that (honestly I forgot about the 1k) then why would anyone pay more than that. DP went fo 50 cents the last auction I believe. That is $5. Monster is $6 at most $10. So maybe $15.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
Last edit: by jedibcg.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 1 week ago #84

Lequinian wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Has anyone commented on the fact that the pirate maps are also going to play havoc with materials? It will even out the prices of T1 for sure, just where?

I am still not convinced on it. But DP & MS are what I am sitting on.

Someone mention that Pulls are going for $3 a piece and that this gets you 10 pulls. DP are going for less than a buck. So DP would make sense to dump into this. Except I don't think there are enough treasure buyers at $3 each to absorb all these....maybe there is and I just don't know. Though treasure might be going $3 I don't think it will stay at that price. I also don't understand why anyone would pay $3 a piece for pulls. Your odds of getting just a UR say you need 300 pulls. If you look at UR or better it only goes up to about 200 pulls to hit one. Sure it could be a Legendary but it is unlikely. For $900 you could buy a legendary though...depending on the legendary. So if you can sell them for $30 a pop do it. But if you are getting them to pull, don't expect a great return on your investment. Because of this I expect them to go for about what it cost to make them or less maybe $15. That means treasure pulls should effectively drop to $1.5. I admit this is all speculation and the assumption that there isn't a large enough group of folks that are willing to pay $3 a treasure. But we shall see.


I think the price be higher, but another consideration is that they can only be cashed in at PTD. I’m not sure it’s worth it to me to gamble on whether PTD will be at Origins next year. (or beg for a rules change to allow Treasure map pulls by mail).


They will be redeemable until sometime in 2023, right? They could, in theory, extend that date if needed.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds