Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2022 Recipe Discussion

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #37

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that unlike 2021 recipes, there's nothing currently differentiating the individual 2022 MB's. They might as well all be the same token at this point without further changes.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #38

As someone who does somewhere in the middle on runs (i average 3 runs a vtd weekend) but honestly don't buy tokens beyond the odd pyp or so from the forums i'm usually a higher percentage on tier 2 goods and always short of the common only tier 1 stuff (steel and stone especially).

I've long treated TD like i used to treat magic, i do a lot of runs (limited events) and use whatever i pull from loot (packs) to trade off for what i want. I'd like if there's an increase on fleece there be a decrease on tier 1 goods.

Also heavily on the side of wanting a multi-year transmutes. I love the the story arc stuff as it just feels rewarding for playing through the various dungeons and saving bits of them to make something cool.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

My trade thread:
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=248097#315668 Matt's Humble Trade
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #39

Exbalz wrote: One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that unlike 2021 recipes, there's nothing currently differentiating the individual 2022 MB's. They might as well all be the same token at this point without further changes.


Imo, this is a good thing.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #40

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10296
Others have probably already mentioned these but Minotaur hide still seems high a number of these, not crazy high but higher than Dwarven Steel seems unbalanced to me. I don't we have ever had a year where there were more common armor than common weapons. Maybe there has been a year where they are equal, but usually there is more common weapons than common armor. If need I can pull up the data for each year as proof.

Philosopher's Stones also still seems high to me. There was an abundance of 2020 treasure, but a completely unknown amount of 2021 treasure. Will we see it at GHC or Pax West? Don't know but there won't be much of it if there is. I expect to be seeing 2022 treasure next so the expected glut of PS is not likely to happen. We already have treasure that were suppose to hand that glut when it didn't happen.

Apologize if others have already said these things, just count me as a +1 to their arguments.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #41

MH is the only thing that seems significantly off still. I'd say the costs of MH should be halved or more.



Note that in 2021 an 8k order yielded 40.32 MH, while in 2022 it's down to 33.6. Meanwhile, the most expensive 2021 relics only required 10 MH, while in 2022 the cost has doubled to 20.
Classes Played: Barbarian (38 times), Monk (34), Ranger (25), Rogue (19), Cleric (15), Fighter (11), Dwarf Fighter (9), Druid (7), Paladin (7), Bard (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #42

  • Druegar
  • Druegar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Enjoy Your Burrito
  • Posts: 9637

edwin wrote: Laz the go-go dancer?

Make it rain!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #43

Guess only question I would have that I don't think I've seen yet is should we expect the price/value of a legendary to stay the same? I think many of the discussion points through this thread are valid if the assumption is Legendaries (regardless of year) should be between $900-1,200. But should we anticipate the the value of the Legendary to increase if we saw the requirements increase?

Not arguing one way or the other, but thought I'd throw it out there... **ducks behind tower shield**
- Send me in DM! I'M READY TO ROLL!

Swing by utakustradecaravan.com fto by, sell, trade, or bid on tokens for your True Dungeon characters!
From my humble caravan I offer::
- Trade Goods and Treasurers I've gathered along the way (Completion, Ultra Rare+, etc.)
- My Trading Post where you can make any offer at all, whether on my Needs list or not!
- My Auction House hosting 8K Auctions, charity auctions, and more!
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #44

Matt Soto wrote: Guess only question I would have that I don't think I've seen yet is should we expect the price/value of a legendary to stay the same? I think many of the discussion points through this thread are valid if the assumption is Legendaries (regardless of year) should be between $900-1,200. But should we anticipate the the value of the Legendary to increase if we saw the requirements increase?

Not arguing one way or the other, but thought I'd throw it out there... **ducks behind tower shield**

I’m completely on board with the TG price of legendaries increasing at the same rate max treasure increases - but I would prefer that increase to be in tokens that can be pulled from treasure.

4* and Relics I’m less a fan of that - we don’t really expect people in the market for 4* and relics to have max treasure, do we?
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #45

Think I agree with you on that one as think the investment level definitely shifts between 3*/4* then again at relic then again at legendary and then huge above that. When first started being a regular I was stoked to built up to my first transmutes with the hope of getting to relic level (which felt doable over time) while legendaries were WAY out of range (and Eldrich and above were far off dreams).

Even if power levels increase with these shifts, there is something to say about a newer regular player feeling like 3 levels of transmutes are within reach.
- Send me in DM! I'M READY TO ROLL!

Swing by utakustradecaravan.com fto by, sell, trade, or bid on tokens for your True Dungeon characters!
From my humble caravan I offer::
- Trade Goods and Treasurers I've gathered along the way (Completion, Ultra Rare+, etc.)
- My Trading Post where you can make any offer at all, whether on my Needs list or not!
- My Auction House hosting 8K Auctions, charity auctions, and more!
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #46

Matt Soto wrote: Think I agree with you on that one as think the investment level definitely shifts between 3*/4* then again at relic then again at legendary and then huge above that. When first started being a regular I was stoked to built up to my first transmutes with the hope of getting to relic level (which felt doable over time) while legendaries were WAY out of range (and Eldrich and above were far off dreams).

Even if power levels increase with these shifts, there is something to say about a newer regular player feeling like 3 levels of transmutes are within reach.


This got me thinking; if relics and legendaries are pushing power levels and need an increased cost to transmute, pushing them out of reach for more players...maybe the solution is to also make more 3*-4* transmutes each year. If those players can't effectively save up for a big relic, give them more smaller options to go after.

And maybe even shift those down to 2*&3* to make room for a new tier of 4* that falls between UR and weak relic.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #47

Endgame wrote: 4* and Relics I’m less a fan of that - we don’t really expect people in the market for 4* and relics to have max treasure, do we?


4* no
Relic: Honestly probably, right?

Maybe not all, but most.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 3 months 2 weeks ago #48

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10296

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Endgame wrote: 4* and Relics I’m less a fan of that - we don’t really expect people in the market for 4* and relics to have max treasure, do we?


4* no
Relic: Honestly probably, right?

Maybe not all, but most.


There is some strange logic here. Having max treasure enchancers tells you nothing about the rest of someone's collection. There is are big assumptions being made to assume they do want 4* and/or Relics.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds