Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all!

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #61

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: RARE: +1 Heavy Triton Trident - Is it meant to be (2) handed? 🤔 ...since it can be thown?


Earlier drafts had it one handed, which made it higher damage than Thor’s, before adding an enchanters whetstone.

*edit* It’s still higher potential damage than Thor’s, but it limits shield use as it is in the final draft.
Last edit: by AAckeret.
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #62

AAckeret wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: RARE: +1 Heavy Triton Trident - Is it meant to be (2) handed? 🤔 ...since it can be thown?


Earlier drafts had it one handed, which made it higher damage than Thor’s, before adding an enchanters whetstone.

*edit* It’s still higher potential damage than Thor’s, but it limits shield use as it is in the final draft.


I wish I'd caught that on an earlier revision, too late now. Given the tight class restriction, Thor's was never a proper comparison. Compare instead to 2011's +2 Heavy Trident of Skewering. Given the power creep of everything else over the years, this feels more like a step backwards for Fighters.
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #63

Eldest dragon orb transmute revealed!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #64

Fiddy wrote:

AAckeret wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: RARE: +1 Heavy Triton Trident - Is it meant to be (2) handed? 🤔 ...since it can be thown?


Earlier drafts had it one handed, which made it higher damage than Thor’s, before adding an enchanters whetstone.

*edit* It’s still higher potential damage than Thor’s, but it limits shield use as it is in the final draft.


I wish I'd caught that on an earlier revision, too late now. Given the tight class restriction, Thor's was never a proper comparison. Compare instead to 2011's +2 Heavy Trident of Skewering. Given the power creep of everything else over the years, this feels more like a step backwards for Fighters.

It was 1H for most of the development, making it the highest damage thrown weapon (certainly rare, possibly of all). The switch to 2H was, I think, the second to last revision, and makes it lower damage than the +1 heavy claymore, but it can still be thrown and is still the highest damage rare thrown weapon . Seems like a fair compromise.
Last edit: by Endgame.
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #65

Matthew Hayward wrote: Eldest dragon orb transmute revealed!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


I want it. I may need to remortgage my home to invest in a set of orbs if this is the final transmute...
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #66

Endgame wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

AAckeret wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: RARE: +1 Heavy Triton Trident - Is it meant to be (2) handed? 🤔 ...since it can be thown?


Earlier drafts had it one handed, which made it higher damage than Thor’s, before adding an enchanters whetstone.

*edit* It’s still higher potential damage than Thor’s, but it limits shield use as it is in the final draft.


I wish I'd caught that on an earlier revision, too late now. Given the tight class restriction, Thor's was never a proper comparison. Compare instead to 2011's +2 Heavy Trident of Skewering. Given the power creep of everything else over the years, this feels more like a step backwards for Fighters.

It was 1H for most of the development, making it the highest damage thrown weapon (certainly rare, possibly of all). The switch to 2H was, I think, the second to last revision, and makes it lower damage than the +1 heavy claymore, but it can still be thrown and is still the highest damage rare thrown weapon . Seems like a fair compromise.


I get it from a game mechanics perspective... but a two-handed thrown trident makes no sense. An axe maybe... or maybe not. ;-)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #67

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

AAckeret wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: RARE: +1 Heavy Triton Trident - Is it meant to be (2) handed? 🤔 ...since it can be thown?


Earlier drafts had it one handed, which made it higher damage than Thor’s, before adding an enchanters whetstone.

*edit* It’s still higher potential damage than Thor’s, but it limits shield use as it is in the final draft.


I wish I'd caught that on an earlier revision, too late now. Given the tight class restriction, Thor's was never a proper comparison. Compare instead to 2011's +2 Heavy Trident of Skewering. Given the power creep of everything else over the years, this feels more like a step backwards for Fighters.

It was 1H for most of the development, making it the highest damage thrown weapon (certainly rare, possibly of all). The switch to 2H was, I think, the second to last revision, and makes it lower damage than the +1 heavy claymore, but it can still be thrown and is still the highest damage rare thrown weapon . Seems like a fair compromise.


I get it from a game mechanics perspective... but a two-handed thrown trident makes no sense. An axe maybe... or maybe not. ;-)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


Agreed, in the rare thread after that revision, I asked how one throws a trident with two hands. The closest I can picture is like a track meet hammer throw.
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #68

It's magic
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #69

Druegar wrote: It's magic

Two handed magic nonetheless.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #70

AAckeret wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

AAckeret wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: RARE: +1 Heavy Triton Trident - Is it meant to be (2) handed? 🤔 ...since it can be thown?


Earlier drafts had it one handed, which made it higher damage than Thor’s, before adding an enchanters whetstone.

*edit* It’s still higher potential damage than Thor’s, but it limits shield use as it is in the final draft.


I wish I'd caught that on an earlier revision, too late now. Given the tight class restriction, Thor's was never a proper comparison. Compare instead to 2011's +2 Heavy Trident of Skewering. Given the power creep of everything else over the years, this feels more like a step backwards for Fighters.

It was 1H for most of the development, making it the highest damage thrown weapon (certainly rare, possibly of all). The switch to 2H was, I think, the second to last revision, and makes it lower damage than the +1 heavy claymore, but it can still be thrown and is still the highest damage rare thrown weapon . Seems like a fair compromise.


I get it from a game mechanics perspective... but a two-handed thrown trident makes no sense. An axe maybe... or maybe not. ;-)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


Agreed, in the rare thread after that revision, I asked how one throws a trident with two hands. The closest I can picture is like a track meet hammer throw.


Think granny shot.
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #71

Maybe you only throw it with one hand, but the technique is not conductive to anything but a buckler?
The topic has been locked.

Images Going to the Printer! Thanks all! 1 year 9 months ago #72

Endgame wrote: Maybe you only throw it with one hand, but the technique is not conductive to anything but a buckler?

There's a length of line attached to the trident that you have to hold in the other hand to pull the trident back. Unfortunately, you forgot to attach the line to anything and it keeps getting away.

Jeff Martin wrote: All damage is Sacred.

The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds