Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #61

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I question how much the proposed + to hit earcuff will get used. Considering the existence of Arcane Earcuffs, Earcuff of Orbits, and the Earcuff of Orbits transmute line next year.

If there's a transmute line of earcuffs I don't see this UR getting much use at all


I always find it strange that Jeff makes an off handed comment and we take it as set in stone, as such I hope that next year we don’t get another slot expander legendary path and would love for the current one to get cut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #62

Sorta disappointed in a few of these changes and my interest in this set has dwindled.

Boom Cannon: Much more interesting with fewer classes. There is no need for every class to use, and frankly its kinda too inclusive of a chip. Damagewise it Feels like its been nerfed too much.

Orbits: Yea, bring this back. Literally, no one thinks this is a bad reprint and will drive sales.

Lucky Stuff: Too much love to the lucky set. Honestly, its nice to see one more piece, but too many UR's in last few years go into this. Am I really Lucky, or am I being forced into my luck? Kilt was interesting for the people who didnt get Dungeonbane, and provided a realistic alternative to the eldritch piece.

Brooch : Good Change

Charm Bracelets : WHile I as a player want them, Id much rather this be pushed a year vs Orbits.

Belt of the deadshot - Eh. Ill stay with my belt of the brave til a real improvement comes out vs +1 damage

DK Mail - Just feels bad. Can we look at a DK sword/flail/Weapon to give the set bonus vs the mail which would keep Str out of rangers hands, and still give other bonuses elsewhere.

Sniper Spec : Looks good

Earcuff of Ravager - Nope. Want orbits. lol and I swing 2handers.

Harlax Lamp: Probably my favorite chip this set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Desmuri.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #63

edwin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote: Thinking it might be better to remove Mug of Battle since it related to drinks and replace with Orbits.

Keep drink items rare and below.


Just a reminder that Stu's Stein already exists.

Not saying the Mug shouldn't be removed but there's already existing UR drink items.


Understood. Just for most folks food is more acceptable than drink. So drink should be on a rarity level of equal to or less than food.


Are you trolling? I can't follow what you are saying at all?

Are you saying the Mug should be dropped because of the Turkey Leg?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #64

NightGod wrote:

Kory wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:
Harlax: As is, no reason to buy 10 of these. Maybe find a way so max requires full synergy?


Idea
1-2 1hp
3-4 2hp
5-6 3hp
7-8 4hp
9 5hp
10 +3 initiative

I like this one.


Do you mean 10 would be +5 HP and +3 Initiative?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #65

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I question how much the proposed + to hit earcuff will get used.


I'll disagree with you here; I've been struggling to build up my +hit for a while now, and quite a few slots in my main builds are devoted to it. My Cleric currently wears Cranston's in order to equip Instant Analysis along with LoDS, and my poly Druid wears Cranston's in order to equip Heimdall Sight along with Instant Analysis.

I'm in a slightly better place now ONLY because I'm about to finally make Drue's. But for builds that don't include a +5 legendary weapon, Earcuff of the Ravager is a solid token which could well provide more benefit than your two weakest IS or charms (particularly if you don't own a bunch of vol URs).
dmrzzz's trade thread

Yes, my AC is lower than the Wizard's. No regrets!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by David Zych.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #66

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote: Thinking it might be better to remove Mug of Battle since it related to drinks and replace with Orbits.

Keep drink items rare and below.


Just a reminder that Stu's Stein already exists.

Not saying the Mug shouldn't be removed but there's already existing UR drink items.


Understood. Just for most folks food is more acceptable than drink. So drink should be on a rarity level of equal to or less than food.


Are you trolling? I can't follow what you are saying at all?

Are you saying the Mug should be dropped because of the Turkey Leg?


No trolling intended.

I recommended removing the Mug and adding back the Orbits. Orbits is in high demand and the mug is my least favorite of the URs being proposed.

Both food and drink items are in jest. I feel in jest items should have similar limits on power and rarity. Folks are all over the board on these items and currently drink items in the game are more powerful than food items. It would be nice to balance the scales.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #67

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 1007

Mike Steele wrote:

NightGod wrote:

Kory wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:
Harlax: As is, no reason to buy 10 of these. Maybe find a way so max requires full synergy?


Idea
1-2 1hp
3-4 2hp
5-6 3hp
7-8 4hp
9 5hp
10 +3 initiative

I like this one.


Do you mean 10 would be +5 HP and +3 Initiative?

That's how I interpreted it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #68

+2 Chaos Cannon - I'm still in the camp of keeping this thing open to all classes, and here is why that is where my opinion falls. To me, the Chaos Cannon looks absolutely fantastic to open up some more fun theme runs, and with it being available to all classes this means you could run it with a full group of ten. Should we be creating tokens specifically for theme runs? Probably not in mass/every year. But this is one token out of a total of twenty URs. I think that is okay, especially with the introduction of VTD, to make a 'fun' token this year.

For me, as the token is right now I would 100% pick one up because I can use it as my preferred class. I would be picking it up strictly for theme runs because it isn't better than what I have now for ranged, which means I would likely buy into more runs in order to use it, so from a financial perspective TD would be getting more money from me both in the short term and long term. Which is good for them, maybe not so good for my wallet lol. A few of our friends that also play semi-frequently have also expressed interest in picking up their first $250 pack because they like the idea of doing a fun run, which again ties back to VTD opening the door for them to actually play more/do more weird runs.

Personally, I also wouldn't mind to see it made to have a bomb option (chaos, after all, always has a chance to blow up in your face), and I could see the weapon being made into a 2 handed weapon. I would still be picking it up with those kinds of changes. The only thing that would stop me would be if it became class restricted again.

Harlax's Helpful Lamp - I like the clarification on this one more than the previous version. I do think that "Lamps in the Party" may open the door to confusion just due to their being a few other lamp options. One of those, we know what it means, but there will be people that go "but that isn't what it says!" and argue the point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #69

David Zych wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I question how much the proposed + to hit earcuff will get used.


I'll disagree with you here; I've been struggling to build up my +hit for a while now, and quite a few slots in my main builds are devoted to it. My Cleric currently wears Cranston's in order to equip Instant Analysis along with LoDS, and my poly Druid wears Cranston's in order to equip Heimdall Sight along with Instant Analysis.

I'm in a slightly better place now ONLY because I'm about to finally make Drue's. But for builds that don't include a +5 legendary weapon, Earcuff of the Ravager is a solid token which could well provide more benefit than your two weakest IS or charms (particularly if you don't own a bunch of vol URs).


Charm of the doppelgänger should help in that aspect. My poly Druid struggles to get the proper hit required for vtd as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #70

edwin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote: Thinking it might be better to remove Mug of Battle since it related to drinks and replace with Orbits.

Keep drink items rare and below.


Just a reminder that Stu's Stein already exists.

Not saying the Mug shouldn't be removed but there's already existing UR drink items.


Understood. Just for most folks food is more acceptable than drink. So drink should be on a rarity level of equal to or less than food.


Are you trolling? I can't follow what you are saying at all?

Are you saying the Mug should be dropped because of the Turkey Leg?


No trolling intended.

I recommended removing the Mug and adding back the Orbits. Orbits is in high demand and the mug is my least favorite of the URs being proposed.

Both food and drink items are in jest. I feel in jest items should have similar limits on power and rarity. Folks are all over the board on these items and currently drink items in the game are more powerful than food items. It would be nice to balance the scales.


I'd agree on the Turkey Leg items being jokes.

Mugs have been a part of the game for over 10 years and a common trope as an improvised weapon in bar brawls in D&D for a fairly long time.

a +2 off hand mug that gives +1 saves becomes an automatic Monk/Ranger off hand for anyone not repping relic offhands.

It's a boon for Rogues or other non shield using characters who don't have brawlers mugs/horns.

I can see this being used for several different characters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #71

David Zych wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I question how much the proposed + to hit earcuff will get used.


I'll disagree with you here; I've been struggling to build up my +hit for a while now, and quite a few slots in my main builds are devoted to it. My Cleric currently wears Cranston's in order to equip Instant Analysis along with LoDS, and my poly Druid wears Cranston's in order to equip Heimdall Sight along with Instant Analysis.

I'm in a slightly better place now ONLY because I'm about to finally make Drue's. But for builds that don't include a +5 legendary weapon, Earcuff of the Ravager is a solid token which could well provide more benefit than your two weakest IS or charms (particularly if you don't own a bunch of vol URs).


I'm referencing the Arcane Earcuffs (current PYP) and Orbits Earcuffs (2023 token) and the legendary Earcuffs for 2023. Seems very unlikely for this earcuff to see much use considering it's limitations to melee only, weapon only and it's competition being slot expanders is all I meant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 1 year 2 months ago #72

edwin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

edwin wrote: Thinking it might be better to remove Mug of Battle since it related to drinks and replace with Orbits.

Keep drink items rare and below.


Just a reminder that Stu's Stein already exists.

Not saying the Mug shouldn't be removed but there's already existing UR drink items.


Understood. Just for most folks food is more acceptable than drink. So drink should be on a rarity level of equal to or less than food.


Are you trolling? I can't follow what you are saying at all?

Are you saying the Mug should be dropped because of the Turkey Leg?


No trolling intended.

I recommended removing the Mug and adding back the Orbits. Orbits is in high demand and the mug is my least favorite of the URs being proposed.

Both food and drink items are in jest. I feel in jest items should have similar limits on power and rarity. Folks are all over the board on these items and currently drink items in the game are more powerful than food items. It would be nice to balance the scales.


I partially agree with you where I believe the Turkey leg was added in jest, but also by very popular demand. Your statement about mugs though I disagree with as I didnt see where it was mentioned it was added as a joke token. Additionally there are multiple fighting styles that use cups, mugs, bottles, & gourds in their off hand.

I think Orbits should be added back to the list, due to how the token design conversations went last year as well as the demand, but IMO we should have at least one UR PYP melee weapon every year. If we remove the mug will leave us with 0. Maybe it could be replaced for a main hand weapon, or allow all classes to use it as primary weapon. Personally drunken Kung Fu practitioner I would love to see more FoB mugs that benefit everybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds