Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transmute Token Ideas

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #133

5 drain eggs : roll a dice (d8?), you gain scales and protection from damage type (5 points) based on the color rolled, you are half dragon.

8 dragon eggs : pick a damage type to receive 5 points of protection from, you gain colorful scales representative of the color dragon you are half of and a tail that adds 5 points of damage of the damage type each round to all of your attacks.

I have no eggs in this game, it seems geeky and fun to be a half dragon though.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #134

If the final token has the same approximate power as an UR token of the slotless variety (assuming the final token is slotless) I'd find that within the parameters of what was stated.

If the final token comes out with a power level of a Legendary or Eldritch token I would consider that Uber Powerful and not within the parameters stated.

Others will likely have different feelings on the matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #135

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Others will likely have different feelings on the matter.


This is about the only thing we can be certain of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #136

I think we need some significantly better Polymorph Potions. Since it seems unlikely that we'll get a consumable Polymorph Potion at the UR Level, I'd recommend a transmuted one.

Perhaps something that has flying, or attacks at range, or has a higher damage wheel. Or some other neat ability.
It would be nice over time to have a variety of neat Polymorph potions to choose from. It would be nice for those who will use them as consumables, and for those that have the Druid Relic/Legendary.

Maybe something like a Dragon hatchling at Rare level (no abilities beyond just the damage wheel) and a young Dragon with flight at the Transmuted level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #137

I think we could use more interesting polymorphs. More damage under certain circumstances could make sense. But, transmutes?

First of all, the audience for polymorph seems low. Second, there are other things that can be done that are slotted.

Btw, speaking of transmutes. A reason not to look for a spellbook transmute is we just had wizard transmutes and just had several years of class transmutes. Time to move on to more general transmutes, can leave the spellbook thing as UR. If it works well, can reprint 5 years down the line and have a transmute of it, then. Variety of slots with no legendary or eldritch (even more if don't care about eldritch competition, which I wouldn't worry about anymore) to have general use tokens up to orange level.

Interesting polymorph? Porcupossum, 5 Retribution. Etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #138

Mike Steele wrote: I think we need some significantly better Polymorph Potions. Since it seems unlikely that we'll get a consumable Polymorph Potion at the UR Level, I'd recommend a transmuted one.

Perhaps something that has flying, or attacks at range, or has a higher damage wheel. Or some other neat ability.
It would be nice over time to have a variety of neat Polymorph potions to choose from. It would be nice for those who will use them as consumables, and for those that have the Druid Relic/Legendary.

Maybe something like a Dragon hatchling at Rare level (no abilities beyond just the damage wheel) and a young Dragon with flight at the Transmuted level.


This could be an interesting choice. Flight seems to be a touchy power but I do agree that a slightly stronger 3/4 star transmuted polymorph potion could be a nice boon to the existing Polymorph Druids

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #139

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: The dragon orb transmute was specifically said to not offer any overly strong in game effect. I think many players who chose not to gather Dragon eggs based on that fact would be rather upset if the eggs granted an Eldritch token 1/year effect, a growing effect year over year or other piece.


Overly strong in game effect is highly subjective.

Most would say that the subclasses are not a huge boon, and in most cases are generally weaker.

I hope the orbs do more than just allow the subclasses, for example.


I know of some people who bought orbs on the assumption that Jeff break down on this once he saw how much people had spent on the orbs. Personally I just hope whatever they do it that they dont set off another explosion of unhappy comments in the dev threads. I also agree though that subclass use doesnt seem, well dragon-ish. IMO they should spawn some kind of "pet" just not sure for how long, how often, or what said pet should do.

P.S. full disclosure orbs are to rich for my blood.


I don't think anyone is proposing subclass access.

I mentioned I would like the effect to be scarce and special, similar to how the subclass access works. I doubt many people who will craft these are looking for more ways to access the ROSP classes.


How about the Dragon Orbs allow you to multiclass. After character selection you can trade either 1 or 2 (minor Vs. major) spells or special powers with one of the 2 unused classes. There can be limitations on which trades are allowed. If both classes are spell casters then you can't trade for a higher level spell.

So the monk never learned how to feather fall, be learned how to remove disease, or the ranger doesn't dual wield, but she can taunt.

Dr. Uid contributed to this idea, but please still consider it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beertram.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #140

Beertram wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: The dragon orb transmute was specifically said to not offer any overly strong in game effect. I think many players who chose not to gather Dragon eggs based on that fact would be rather upset if the eggs granted an Eldritch token 1/year effect, a growing effect year over year or other piece.


Overly strong in game effect is highly subjective.

Most would say that the subclasses are not a huge boon, and in most cases are generally weaker.

I hope the orbs do more than just allow the subclasses, for example.


I know of some people who bought orbs on the assumption that Jeff break down on this once he saw how much people had spent on the orbs. Personally I just hope whatever they do it that they dont set off another explosion of unhappy comments in the dev threads. I also agree though that subclass use doesnt seem, well dragon-ish. IMO they should spawn some kind of "pet" just not sure for how long, how often, or what said pet should do.

P.S. full disclosure orbs are to rich for my blood.


I don't think anyone is proposing subclass access.

I mentioned I would like the effect to be scarce and special, similar to how the subclass access works. I doubt many people who will craft these are looking for more ways to access the ROSP classes.


How about the Dragon Orbs allow you to multiclass. After character selection you can trade either 1 or 2 (minor Vs. major) spells or special powers with one of the 2 unused classes. There can be limitations on which trades are allowed. If both classes are spell casters then you can't trade for a higher level spell.

So the monk never learned how to feather fall, be learned how to remove disease, or the ranger doesn't dual wield, but she can taunt.

Dr. Uid contributed to this idea, but please still consider it...


That steps into the territory of a now deactivated soulbound artifact. That's definitely in the Uber Powerful territory, at least in my opinion. I wouldn't mark that as a geeky fun ability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Arcanist Kolixela.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #141

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Beertram wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: The dragon orb transmute was specifically said to not offer any overly strong in game effect. I think many players who chose not to gather Dragon eggs based on that fact would be rather upset if the eggs granted an Eldritch token 1/year effect, a growing effect year over year or other piece.


Overly strong in game effect is highly subjective.

Most would say that the subclasses are not a huge boon, and in most cases are generally weaker.

I hope the orbs do more than just allow the subclasses, for example.


I know of some people who bought orbs on the assumption that Jeff break down on this once he saw how much people had spent on the orbs. Personally I just hope whatever they do it that they dont set off another explosion of unhappy comments in the dev threads. I also agree though that subclass use doesnt seem, well dragon-ish. IMO they should spawn some kind of "pet" just not sure for how long, how often, or what said pet should do.

P.S. full disclosure orbs are to rich for my blood.


I don't think anyone is proposing subclass access.

I mentioned I would like the effect to be scarce and special, similar to how the subclass access works. I doubt many people who will craft these are looking for more ways to access the ROSP classes.


How about the Dragon Orbs allow you to multiclass. After character selection you can trade either 1 or 2 (minor Vs. major) spells or special powers with one of the 2 unused classes. There can be limitations on which trades are allowed. If both classes are spell casters then you can't trade for a higher level spell.

So the monk never learned how to feather fall, be learned how to remove disease, or the ranger doesn't dual wield, but she can taunt.

Dr. Uid contributed to this idea, but please still consider it...


That steps into the territory of a now deactivated soulbound artifact. That's definitely in the Uber Powerful territory, at least in my opinion. I wouldn't mark that as a geeky fun ability.


While the artifact may be uber-powerful, this is a much more limited power. You aren't adding all the abilities, and you're having to give up existing abilities to use it.

I think it the idea could be problematic for a different reason though. What happens when you have 10 orb wielders on a run? I assume people will try to organize at least one if not more each year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 3 months ago #142

Fiddy wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Beertram wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: The dragon orb transmute was specifically said to not offer any overly strong in game effect. I think many players who chose not to gather Dragon eggs based on that fact would be rather upset if the eggs granted an Eldritch token 1/year effect, a growing effect year over year or other piece.


Overly strong in game effect is highly subjective.

Most would say that the subclasses are not a huge boon, and in most cases are generally weaker.

I hope the orbs do more than just allow the subclasses, for example.


I know of some people who bought orbs on the assumption that Jeff break down on this once he saw how much people had spent on the orbs. Personally I just hope whatever they do it that they dont set off another explosion of unhappy comments in the dev threads. I also agree though that subclass use doesnt seem, well dragon-ish. IMO they should spawn some kind of "pet" just not sure for how long, how often, or what said pet should do.

P.S. full disclosure orbs are to rich for my blood.


I don't think anyone is proposing subclass access.

I mentioned I would like the effect to be scarce and special, similar to how the subclass access works. I doubt many people who will craft these are looking for more ways to access the ROSP classes.


How about the Dragon Orbs allow you to multiclass. After character selection you can trade either 1 or 2 (minor Vs. major) spells or special powers with one of the 2 unused classes. There can be limitations on which trades are allowed. If both classes are spell casters then you can't trade for a higher level spell.

So the monk never learned how to feather fall, be learned how to remove disease, or the ranger doesn't dual wield, but she can taunt.

Dr. Uid contributed to this idea, but please still consider it...


That steps into the territory of a now deactivated soulbound artifact. That's definitely in the Uber Powerful territory, at least in my opinion. I wouldn't mark that as a geeky fun ability.


While the artifact may be uber-powerful, this is a much more limited power. You aren't adding all the abilities, and you're having to give up existing abilities to use it.

I think it the idea could be problematic for a different reason though. What happens when you have 10 orb wielders on a run? I assume people will try to organize at least one if not more each year.


I would say it's best if no duplicates of spell / special powers, so work it out. Maybe that's not a good special run to have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 2 months ago #143

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute Token Ideas 3 years 2 months ago #144

Potion of Polymorph: Giant Parrot.

Grants flight and a respectable damage wheel. Make it worthwhile to use with Iktomi's

Transmutes from a rare or uncommon Potion of Polymorph: Parrot. Grants flight and a very weak damage wheel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds