Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First time Gamehole Con advice

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 week ago #49

Did anyone mention the ice cream? If you have time, go get some ice cream, almost fresh from the cows! babcockdairystore.wisc.edu/

Or at least find it at the student union.
union.wisc.edu/dine/find-food-and-drink/daily-scoop-in-memorial-union/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 2 days ago #50

Is there a meeting place for token trading? It’s been a few years and I think there was space outside TD last time only I don’t know what type of “social distancing” measures might be in place? I also have never been on Wednesday, is there a meetup Wednesday?
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 2 days ago #51

I know people have been planning unofficial meetups in the Gameholecon channel of the Fans of True Dungeon discord server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 2 days ago #52

macxdmg wrote: One of the cool things of GHC is that any “guests” need to play 2 games with patrons. So games will be run by designers or developers of games. You might run into folks walking around that may or may not be published and considered famous by someone at the con. It’s chill though and the games are fun and the people are genuine.

I was once destroyed in a game of Fast Food Franchise by Peter Adkison at GHC, which seemed fitting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Allen John.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 2 days ago #53

macxdmg wrote: Is there a meeting place for token trading? It’s been a few years and I think there was space outside TD last time only I don’t know what type of “social distancing” measures might be in place? I also have never been on Wednesday, is there a meetup Wednesday?


I think many people are planning a meetup and trade Wednesday evening followed by a dinner group. Not sure exactly where but likely just outside of TD HQ for ease of gathering

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 2 days ago #54

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Is there a meeting place for token trading? It’s been a few years and I think there was space outside TD last time only I don’t know what type of “social distancing” measures might be in place? I also have never been on Wednesday, is there a meetup Wednesday?


I think many people are planning a meetup and trade Wednesday evening followed by a dinner group. Not sure exactly where but likely just outside of TD HQ for ease of gathering


Might I suggest the reception at the Clarion?

There is free beer.....
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 day ago #55

I don't drink. I'll be at the convention hall until we head to dinner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 day ago #56

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Is there a meeting place for token trading? It’s been a few years and I think there was space outside TD last time only I don’t know what type of “social distancing” measures might be in place? I also have never been on Wednesday, is there a meetup Wednesday?


I think many people are planning a meetup and trade Wednesday evening followed by a dinner group. Not sure exactly where but likely just outside of TD HQ for ease of gathering


Might I suggest the reception at the Clarion?

There is free beer.....


Is there a reception on Wednesday? I thought the receptions were only on Thurs, Fri and Sat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 day ago #57

Jeff Greene wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Is there a meeting place for token trading? It’s been a few years and I think there was space outside TD last time only I don’t know what type of “social distancing” measures might be in place? I also have never been on Wednesday, is there a meetup Wednesday?


I think many people are planning a meetup and trade Wednesday evening followed by a dinner group. Not sure exactly where but likely just outside of TD HQ for ease of gathering


Might I suggest the reception at the Clarion?

There is free beer.....


Is there a reception on Wednesday? I thought the receptions were only on Thurs, Fri and Sat.


The hotel has them nightly.

They are sponsored throughout the con.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 day ago #58

Non forumites will potentially be visiting the HQ location to verify where they are going during con. They will not know to check out the hotel. So I'll stick in the convention center myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 day ago #59

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Non forumites will potentially be visiting the HQ location to verify where they are going during con. They will not know to check out the hotel. So I'll stick in the convention center myself.


Valid.

I may just bounce back and forth....
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 2 months 1 day ago #60

I plan on arriving on Monday. going to meet up with some folks and get some trading done. I plan to split my time between Sheraton and outside TD and other hotels.

so I guess I will be bouncing too. :laugh:
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20+ runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds