Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gamehole email 6/7/21

Gamehole email 6/7/21 6 months 6 hours ago #13

A 5 year old died from covid In Dallas County as reported on July 24, 2020.

A 2 month old died from covid in Michigan as reported September 17, 2020.
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #14

They made this announcement back on May 20th.

www.facebook.com/GameholeCon/posts/5467335536673893?__cft__ [0]=AZVtBBxIAgqbvwOw5s6yrAw_2He2NKoSN5rBFT7vxbre_N20IhlWEMNTpvS_segedV2Y5EwSIN5Bu8nJTtr1AaMChjcTEAA7w4crskfeOCtTKz3gK9oTWjsFKTtDvLAwaHX-a7rgSXcErWppHvwP-1z3&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

They are tying it to badge registration. No shot, no badge.

For GHC, it's a small convention. Roughly 4,000 people. So for them, it's easier to check covid passports than GC who is struggling both with cost and attendance.

Do note though in that FB posting. They do note this requirement could change. Based on the heath board advice.

Also note, there are pending lawsuits in Wisconsin challenging the validity of those passports and civil rights.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #15

Rebeg wrote: Also note, there are pending lawsuits in Wisconsin challenging the validity of those passports and civil rights.


Seeing as we've made vaccinations a requirement for attending public school for decades, those lawsuits are doomed and a ridiculous waste of time.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #16

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: You're likely right

From their attendee information

"Children under 12 are exempt from our vaccine requirement"

Doesn't sound like they're excluded from attending


This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Those that can must, those that can't will be at low risk of contracting due to most people being vaccinated. If any kids that attend are carriers, the chance they spread to vaccinated people is much lower. Nothing is going to be perfect, but reasonable is okay with me. Like there email said attending is a personal choice.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #17

jpotter wrote:

Rebeg wrote: Also note, there are pending lawsuits in Wisconsin challenging the validity of those passports and civil rights.


Seeing as we've made vaccinations a requirement for attending public school for decades, those lawsuits are doomed and a ridiculous waste of time.

Are they now?

Alabama bans businesses and government entities across the state from requiring coronavirus vaccine passports.

Florida no state government entity is allowed to issue "vaccine passports, vaccine passes or other standardized documentation for the purpose of certifying an individual's COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party." The order also prohibits businesses from requiring similar documentation to enter or get services from a business.

Iowa bans businesses and government entities across the state from requiring coronavirus vaccine passports. State grants and contracts will be barred from any group of company that violates this law.

Illinois will not create a way for residents to show they have been vaccinated.

Texas bans businesses in Texas from requiring proof of vaccination from its customers.

Of these 5 I listed, there are another 18 states with varying laws prohibiting the use of, or out right issuing covid passports by government agencies . Remember, public schools are state government run.
Last edit: by Rebeg.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #18

edwin wrote: A 5 year old died from covid In Dallas County as reported on July 24, 2020.

A 2 month old died from covid in Michigan as reported September 17, 2020.


100% safety is pretty hard to get. For comparison, in the last three flu seasons (excluding this one), pediatric flu deaths have ranged from 144 to 195 per year, per Centers from Disease Control and Prevention.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #19

Yeah, I'm well aware that many unfortunate states are doing these things. I find it very interesting that normally these are the same people that claim they are for deregulation and the rights of businesses to do their own thing, but have chosen this public health issue to take a 180 on. The cognitive dissonance is unreal.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #20

Rebeg wrote:

jpotter wrote:

Rebeg wrote: Also note, there are pending lawsuits in Wisconsin challenging the validity of those passports and civil rights.


Seeing as we've made vaccinations a requirement for attending public school for decades, those lawsuits are doomed and a ridiculous waste of time.

Are they now?

Alabama bans businesses and government entities across the state from requiring coronavirus vaccine passports.

Florida no state government entity is allowed to issue "vaccine passports, vaccine passes or other standardized documentation for the purpose of certifying an individual's COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party." The order also prohibits businesses from requiring similar documentation to enter or get services from a business.

Iowa bans businesses and government entities across the state from requiring coronavirus vaccine passports. State grants and contracts will be barred from any group of company that violates this law.

Illinois will not create a way for residents to show they have been vaccinated.

Texas bans businesses in Texas from requiring proof of vaccination from its customers.

Of these 5 I listed, there are another 18 states with varying laws prohibiting the use of, or out right issuing covid passports by government agencies . Remember, public schools are state government run.


I believe all of those are new legislation that hasn't had a challenge yet. A lot of jobs, colleges, and public schools require some level of required vaccinations, and have done so for years. The only loophole may be that the vaccinations are approved under an EUA, but if that changes, I'd expect all of that new legislation to be challenged and over turned.

Also, the convention is a private entity, they may be exempt from a lot of those new rules,
Last edit: by balthasar.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #21

jpotter wrote: Yeah, I'm well aware that many unfortunate states are doing these things. I find it very interesting that normally these are the same people that claim they are for deregulation and the rights of businesses to do their own thing, but have chosen this public health issue to take a 180 on. The cognitive dissonance is unreal.


I think they also claim to be in favor of individual rights, so this would be in line with that.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #22

Covid, treatments of Covid, Covid vaccinations, have all become really highly politicized in a way I've never seen any other disease be. Because of that State legislatures are getting involved and passing laws about it, which is their prerogative. My state passed a law awhile back giving the NRA the ability to sue any local government, they can create whatever laws they want for whatever reason. Lawsuits are a different thing entirely, they need to follow the rules. If a lawsuit strikes down Covid vaccination requirements for public or private entities it'll open up a huge can of worms. Lots of places require vaccines for a variety of reasons, throwing out a specific covid requirement via lawsuit would call into question all the other vaccine requirements.

That's a really long way of saying that I sincerely doubt that a lawsuit will prevent businesses in Wisconsin from requiring covid vaccines. The legislature could do it and have it stick until legal challenges arise, but the governor has already said he'll veto any legislation along those lines.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #23

Be interested in seeing how they intrepret 12 and under. Is that as of Thursday the day GameholeCon starts or some other date. Or if one turns 13 during the con then they are all of the sudden required to have the vaccine in order to continue their attendance.
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

Gamehole email 6/7/21 5 months 4 weeks ago #24

edwin wrote: Be interested in seeing how they intrepret 12 and under. Is that as of Thursday the day GameholeCon starts or some other date. Or if one turns 13 during the con then they are all of the sudden required to have the vaccine in order to continue their attendance.


I'd hope they would interpret it so that someone would have had to turn 13 long enough ago to have been able to get both shots of a two shot vaccine and have it be fully effective, and anyone younger than that could attend. You have a good point that it is a loophole/flaw in their policy.

I'm not a big fan of requiring children to get the vaccine given their much lower transmission rate and less seriousness (on average) of the condition if they do. It seems like that should be up to the Parent instead of being mandated by the Government or Businesses.
Last edit: by Mike Steele.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds