Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 1 month ago #73

NightGod wrote:

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:
I think the highest AC I saw in our Epic run was a 40?

What is average AC on epic?

The epic ACs for DM were: 30,32,35,28/35

Thank you.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 1 month ago #74

NightGod wrote: The epic ACs for DM were: 30,32,35,28/35


I don't like this. By assigning AC values to the DM, we're just encouraging players to attack the DM directly. I may have to stop volunteering for such a hostile work environment...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 1 month ago #75

Andrew Knoll wrote:

NightGod wrote: The epic ACs for DM were: 30,32,35,28/35


I don't like this. By assigning AC values to the DM, we're just encouraging players to attack the DM directly. I may have to stop volunteering for such a hostile work environment...


Best response in the thread yet. I bow to you good sir.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 1 month ago #76

Andrew Knoll wrote:

NightGod wrote: The epic ACs for DM were: 30,32,35,28/35


I don't like this. By assigning AC values to the DM, we're just encouraging players to attack the DM directly. I may have to stop volunteering for such a hostile work environment...


Tiamat was always the patsy - the guy in red robes is the real enemy. He kidnapped those kids and tortured them for years. It's like SAW but with a giggly host.

Target the guy in red robes...
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 1 month ago #77

The only good Red Wizard of Thay is a dead Red Wizard of Thay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #78

Fred K wrote: I don’t have a horse in this race as I only play druid as a fill-in for other people.

With that said, I have done so at NM and Epic levels. The druid legendary is, by a good measure, the weakest of all the class legendaries we’ve had so far. I’m avoiding discussions about the ones coming out for 2021 because changes there are still possible. But of the barb, druid, rogue, paladin, and bard items - they would rank (in terms of overall class impact and power levels) as follows:
1. Monk
2. Rogue
3. Barbarian
4. Ranger
5. Bard
6. Druid

When I put that list together, I found it interesting you could make good cases for rearranging 1-5 but not for #6.

Let’s give our leafy friends a little love.

Fred


You think that the rogue is number 2?!?!?!? I think it is easily the weakest one of the bunch. Although I will acknowldege that all three 1st years are in my opinion pretty weak and not worth it at all.
Proud member Dungeon Delver's Anonymous.

Team Kraken Killers

My name is Sean Hanlin, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by archmage78.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #79

archmage78 wrote:

Fred K wrote: I don’t have a horse in this race as I only play druid as a fill-in for other people.

With that said, I have done so at NM and Epic levels. The druid legendary is, by a good measure, the weakest of all the class legendaries we’ve had so far. I’m avoiding discussions about the ones coming out for 2021 because changes there are still possible. But of the barb, druid, rogue, paladin, and bard items - they would rank (in terms of overall class impact and power levels) as follows:
1. Monk
2. Rogue
3. Barbarian
4. Ranger
5. Bard
6. Druid

When I put that list together, I found it interesting you could make good cases for rearranging 1-5 but not for #6.

Let’s give our leafy friends a little love.

Fred


You think that the rogue is number 2?!?!?!? I think it is easily the weakest one of the bunch. Although I will acknowldege that all three 1st years are in my opinion pretty weak and not worth it at all.


My view of the relative power of the item is compared to the class without it.

Raphael’s almost doubles rogue damage overall. I cannot think of anything with that much of a power jump by itself. I went from a fully maxxed out rogue, on my one sneak attack for an entire combat, doing 70-80 damage, to having multiple attacks in a single combat over 120 damage, Multiple sneak attacks in the same combat is big but a 17-20 crit threat range is simply the best crit range in the game. When you can have that be X3 damage with the crossbow, it is really a silly amount of damage,

This one item moved Rogue from 7th or 8th in overall damage to #3 or #4 (depending on how you slot wizard into that mix.)

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fred K.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #80

I would probably place Bard higher on that list but it's terribly hard to mark a spot for that as it's a group buff item.

I'd place the Barbarian Necklace above the Rogue one but only slightly.

I definitely agree the Rogue necklace gives Rogues a MASSIVE DPS boost between the multiple rounds of sneak attack and the Greatly increased crit chance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #81

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I would probably place Bard higher on that list but it's terribly hard to mark a spot for that as it's a group buff item.

I'd place the Barbarian Necklace above the Rogue one but only slightly.

I definitely agree the Rogue necklace gives Rogues a MASSIVE DPS boost between the multiple rounds of sneak attack and the Greatly increased crit chance


I agree that Barbarian and Rogue are close on this. Barbarian static increase and Fury are huge. I give the nod to Rogue as without it for both, the Barbarian is still #3 or #4 in overall damage whereas Rogue drops to bottom 3. Barb was just stronger going in.

I could definitely see moving Bard up above Ranger. Ranger's item is flexibility to make range competitive with melee (still not at parity but an increase) plus using scrolls, etc.. The Bard item effectively delivers the largest single damage boost of any item (assuming a party of 10 all using it) while having the save benefit and letting the bard take other actions.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #82

Fred K wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I would probably place Bard higher on that list but it's terribly hard to mark a spot for that as it's a group buff item.

I'd place the Barbarian Necklace above the Rogue one but only slightly.

I definitely agree the Rogue necklace gives Rogues a MASSIVE DPS boost between the multiple rounds of sneak attack and the Greatly increased crit chance


I agree that Barbarian and Rogue are close on this. Barbarian static increase and Fury are huge. I give the nod to Rogue as without it for both, the Barbarian is still #3 or #4 in overall damage whereas Rogue drops to bottom 3. Barb was just stronger going in.

I could definitely see moving Bard up above Ranger. Ranger's item is flexibility to make range competitive with melee (still not at parity but an increase) plus using scrolls, etc.. The Bard item effectively delivers the largest single damage boost of any item (assuming a party of 10 all using it) while having the save benefit and letting the bard take other actions.

Fred


Yep.

Bard is hard to quantify. BUT as has been pointed out in several other locations the lute allows Bardsong to run an additional Standard Action. Not taking it's Free Action. And can combine with the new 2021 Bard necklace (or other Free Action items) to allow Bard to sing, lore check and attack in the same turn.

I think the fact the lute gives the highest in game +x/+x and gives the bard full standard actions and free actions places it above the Ranger at the minimum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #83

In theory, the bard legendary could be at the top of the list. I agree it is hard to quantify - it's just not as "sexy" individually since it is party dependent.
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Power Up Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace 1 year 3 weeks ago #84

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6612

Fred K wrote: In theory, the bard legendary could be at the top of the list. I agree it is hard to quantify - it's just not as "sexy" individually since it is party dependent.


IMO the bard legendary is the most powerful and least glamorous class legendary. Lets not also forget that as an instrument it might as well also read "wear an additional UR neck" that other necklace classes don't get.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds