Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #61

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6601
I almost hate to say it but I think it may be time to figure out what int will do for wizards. That's the underlying issues as to why they dont scale the same as other classes.

It might also be worth pulling focus and wis into the discussion, maybe even banning a few stat booster/ slot unlocking rates etc.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
Last edit: by Picc.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #62

I have a general observation and a suggestion.

It feels like there is very tight time pressure; and it is important to get this right.

If the tokens need to go to the printer soon, just have the relic and legendary say:

Effects listed at tokendb.com/

That gives us time to hash this out without time pressure.

The 2022 token set could include a re-issue of these with updated text.

Also - it gives Trent something more to collect :).

I do think it is good to have some time limit on this to focus us - but I think “this weekend” might be too much time pressure for all things to be given appropriate consideration.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #63

Matthew Hayward wrote: I have a general observation and a suggestion.

It feels like there is very tight time pressure; and it is important to get this right.

If the tokens need to go to the printer soon, just have the relic and legendary say:

Effects listed at tokendb.com/

That gives us time to hash this out without time pressure.

The 2022 token set could include a re-issue of these with updated text.

Also - it gives Trent something more to collect :).

I do think it is good to have some time limit on this to focus us - but I think “this weekend” might be too much time pressure for all things to be given appropriate consideration.


+1
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #64

I prefer to table it as long as it takes instead of having a token issued and hashed out after the fact.

Otherwise people are going to complain they did not know ahead of time and now they are stuck with this token.
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #65

NightGod wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: I see Wizards as glass cannons. I want them to do the best damage in the game, but I want them to die the most of all the classes because of their weak AC and hp.


Thank you for stating the intent - it should really help.

With great damage comes the big drawback of you will probably die if you aren't careful or lucky.


Or, in Dave's case, if you are lucky ;)


At least once Dave will use Retributive Strike every round of every combat, just trying to see how many times he can die.

We need a run of 9 Relic clerics and Dave.


I really appreciate this outpouring of support toward my goals.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #66

Picc wrote: I almost hate to say it but I think it may be time to figure out what int will do for wizards. That's the underlying issues as to why they dont scale the same as other classes.

It might also be worth pulling focus and wis into the discussion, maybe even banning a few stat booster/ slot unlocking rates etc.


Force of Mind: (Wizard class ability)
Int: +spell damage
Wis: +polymorph damage

I think it is important to tackle the polymorph Elf Wizard build if the Wizard Class cards may be modified as part of this process.
Last edit: by OrionW.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #67

Matthew Hayward wrote: I have a general observation and a suggestion.

It feels like there is very tight time pressure; and it is important to get this right.

If the tokens need to go to the printer soon, just have the relic and legendary say:

Effects listed at tokendb.com/

That gives us time to hash this out without time pressure.

The 2022 token set could include a re-issue of these with updated text.

Also - it gives Trent something more to collect :).

I do think it is good to have some time limit on this to focus us - but I think “this weekend” might be too much time pressure for all things to be given appropriate consideration.


MEC would also have to be done that way. Relic and Legendary probably aren't too bad to handle this way, but MEC will show up in some random 10-packs. Would that be a problem?
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #68

Matthew Hayward wrote: I have a general observation and a suggestion.

It feels like there is very tight time pressure; and it is important to get this right.

If the tokens need to go to the printer soon, just have the relic and legendary say:

Effects listed at tokendb.com/

That gives us time to hash this out without time pressure.

The 2022 token set could include a re-issue of these with updated text.

Also - it gives Trent something more to collect :).

I do think it is good to have some time limit on this to focus us - but I think “this weekend” might be too much time pressure for all things to be given appropriate consideration.

+1

Heck, you could do something like this:

Choose 1 ability to print on the token (+6 spell damage relic, +10 legendary)

Choose the ability names
Ex: Great Power And Supernova

And then hash out what the heck great power and supernova actually do over 2-4 weeks.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #69

OrionW wrote:

Picc wrote: I almost hate to say it but I think it may be time to figure out what int will do for wizards. That's the underlying issues as to why they dont scale the same as other classes.

It might also be worth pulling focus and wis into the discussion, maybe even banning a few stat booster/ slot unlocking rates etc.


Force of Mind: (Wizard class ability)
Int: +spell damage
Wis: +polymorph damage

I think it is important to tackle the Polymorph Elf Wizard build if the Wizard Class cards may be modified as part of this process.


The problem with this option (which I DO agree with) is that it solves the problem in 5 years when enough +INT tokens have been designed.

It also has issues with the Charm of Enlightenment.

I DO want to see a change like this implemented. I just don't see it fixing the current issues.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #70

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Endgame wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: I say just scrap the wizard relic and legendary. We can revisit in another 7 years hahaha

There may be a shred of truth here. If we are time constrained, and want to do it right, would it be best to do design just on this for the next year and have it locked in before the next token cycle?

Downside is all the wizards have to wait a year for their relic and legendary. Plus side is, less chance of unforeseen issues


We've already given up our spellbook and our familiar. Now you want us to give up our CLASS NECKLACE?

Hard pass


Some people think giving us another year will resolve all of our differences. Ha!
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #71

Cleanest way is to pull MEC from UR mix and push it until things are settled.
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

Wizard MEC, Relic and Legendary 1 year 4 months ago #72

Mad Evoker's Charm -

Take X Eldritch Damage - Deal 2X Eldritch Damage as bonus on your next spell cast

?
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds