Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #61

Endgame wrote:

Miathan wrote:

Marc D wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about the Medallion of Sweetwoods going from Neck to Feet and losing a point of Con.

On the one hand, it now stacks with other neck items. On the other hand, it's way beyond the power of other UR boots; it's Mithral Boots + higher Con Boots of Might combined.

I understand people didn't want multiple stat boosting neck slot items now that the Stupendous reprint is in the set. But this seems to have taken a pretty straightforward addition and made it controversial.


Agree that it’s too powerful. Most classes were staying that the class specific necks needed to be more powerful than stus or Valhalla. Now a token is made almost as powerful but in the boots slot. I know BotFW exist but if you weren’t around during that this seems like an easy BiS for most classes

I don’t know about too powerful. We know rare completion token boots are “worth” 2 con. In the neck slot we go from a +2 Damage completion token or a 2str and 3hp rare to valhalla... seems to be par for the course.


Current UR boots

+2 Con

+3 Dex

+3 to melee/ranged/spell

+5 to 2H

-3 to melee damage

rogue specific boots.


This change DOUBLES and more the best UR boots. That seems a bit extreme
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #62

Matthew Hayward wrote: Cranston's Helpful Hat:

Honestly, this seems too much. +3 range damage an nothing else already seems like quite a powerful UR head slot.

Compare with: +1/+1 to melee from Crown of Might and Helm of Retribution.

But - on the plus side, it gives me a chance to ask you:

Is Magic Missile or Sonic Dart a ranged attack? (I am genuinely confused about this.)


That's my question.

Ranged weapon definitely not.

Ranged attack - answer is fuzzy

If so it'd be a huge consideration for me of Cranston's vs Crown of Expertise
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #63

Mike Steele wrote:

Miathan wrote:

Marc D wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about the Medallion of Sweetwoods going from Neck to Feet and losing a point of Con.

On the one hand, it now stacks with other neck items. On the other hand, it's way beyond the power of other UR boots; it's Mithral Boots + higher Con Boots of Might combined.

I understand people didn't want multiple stat boosting neck slot items now that the Stupendous reprint is in the set. But this seems to have taken a pretty straightforward addition and made it controversial.


Agree that it’s too powerful. Most classes were staying that the class specific necks needed to be more powerful than stus or Valhalla. Now a token is made almost as powerful but in the boots slot. I know BotFW exist but if you weren’t around during that this seems like an easy BiS for most classes


I agree, these Boots should be scaled to the power level of other UR Boots, not UR Neck slot items.


Or... drop Stu’s and put it back in the neck slot that passed muster easily in the other iterations... :whistle:
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #64

EDIT - Apparently these have been answered elsehwere in the thread as yes-ish, yes, and yes.

I assume Nightshade's Throwing Dagger will grant the same power as the Short Sword

a. The Dagger symbol is an 8 normally, and adds 10 to Sneak Attack when used in a Sneak Attack.

b. On a Rogue Sneak Attack critical hit, the entire Sneak Attack bonus is doubled (along with all other normal doublings from a critical hit).

Does it automatically include the ability to Sneak Attack at range when thrown? Or do you need Lenses of Vital Insight for that?
Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #65

Consistent wording with past tokens on Pants of Focus would be:

+2 to healing, damage spells & polymorph damage
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #66

Ring of Sacrifice:

I assume this means it can't be used id your HP is not 11+?

Maybe it should say:

If your HP is 11+, May deliver... (1/room)

I assume this is a standard action?
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #67

Marc D wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Miathan wrote:

Marc D wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about the Medallion of Sweetwoods going from Neck to Feet and losing a point of Con.

On the one hand, it now stacks with other neck items. On the other hand, it's way beyond the power of other UR boots; it's Mithral Boots + higher Con Boots of Might combined.

I understand people didn't want multiple stat boosting neck slot items now that the Stupendous reprint is in the set. But this seems to have taken a pretty straightforward addition and made it controversial.


Agree that it’s too powerful. Most classes were staying that the class specific necks needed to be more powerful than stus or Valhalla. Now a token is made almost as powerful but in the boots slot. I know BotFW exist but if you weren’t around during that this seems like an easy BiS for most classes


I agree, these Boots should be scaled to the power level of other UR Boots, not UR Neck slot items.


Or... drop Stu’s and put it back in the neck slot that passed muster easily in the other iterations... :whistle:


This is honestly what I want to see.

It was a GREAT option for players who don't focus on melee builds and who are not building class neck relic+
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #68

Is Ring of the Siren intentionally not boosting the elemental forms from the Druid necklace?

Maybe better as:

+3 sonic to dmg Scrolls, Wands, and Polymorph

?
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #69

Matthew Hayward wrote: I assume Nightshade's Throwing Dagger will grant the same power as the Short Sword

a. The Dagger symbol is an 8 normally, and adds 10 to Sneak Attack when used in a Sneak Attack.

b. On a Rogue Sneak Attack critical hit, the entire Sneak Attack bonus is doubled (along with all other normal doublings from a critical hit).

Does it automatically include the ability to Sneak Attack at range when thrown? Or do you need Lenses of Vital Insight for that?


per Jeff yes to all the questions

not sure if the dagger is 8+10 or if it's 6+10 as this is a dagger instead of a shortsword
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #70

Thanks for moving the Magebook out of the Neck slot.

Charm is pretty crowded too but you can't have everything :laugh:
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #71

Matthew Hayward wrote: Thanks for moving the Magebook out of the Neck slot.

Charm is pretty crowded too but you can't have everything :laugh:


Ioun Stone would be preferred but Charm is a good option.

It did also pick up Rare scrolls in the move so that's definitely a win/win
The topic has been locked.

2021 Ultra Rare Feedback Part Two 9 months 2 weeks ago #72

Jeff Martin wrote:

Fiddy wrote: Nightshade's needs some text about the dagger damage icon. Or a link to TokenDB.


Crud. Sorry!

It is just like the +2 Nightshade's Short Sword -- only it can be thrown (using DEX to hit and STR for damage) or used in melee fashion (STR for both). The thrown mode eliminates the need to spend one round maneuver to Sneak Attack, but then you will lose the use of the Dagger for the rest of the combat.


Unless you have more than one of them... right?

Jeff, I am thrilled to see this token. I have a Nightshade's Short Sword and will be looking to buy this just because it's super cool as a dagger, extra cool as a throwing dagger. I will probably keep both and carry both in the dungeon.

I really hope this makes it through to the final cut, in some form.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds