Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Side Quest Cancelled

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #1

  • James
  • James's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1766
While I am sad to hear it was cancelled it was a good try, I think we might be hitting con glut for volunteers.

True Dungeon Side Quest
We have some bad news True Dungeon fans. True Dungeon was not able to raise enough volunteers to staff all of the events that they had planned for Gamehole Con this year. So, they have been forced to make the difficult decision to cancel some of their events. Unfortunately, they have decided to cancel the Side Quest events for this year’s show. We are very disappointed by this news, but if they don’t have enough help, there is nothing that we can do about it.

We will begin processing refunds immediately. Also, everyone who bought a ticket will get a free 10-pack of tokens -- as well as the unique Participation Token that True Dungeon had made for them. These will be available for pick up at Will Call/Registration.

We are very sorry to deliver this news, but wanted to get it to you as soon as possible so that those affected still had time to adjust their con schedules.

We hope everyone is having a great start to the fall and that you are looking forward to Gamehole Con as much as we are!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #2

I was thinking about helping out too,
But i decided to bring my
Kids with me so I can’t.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #3

Did you get this direct to your email from GHC? I haven't got anything yet. Or is it on their website somewhere?
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #4

An email from GHC.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #5

  • James
  • James's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1766
Wanted to people know because refunds are going out to people who bought the tickets. Other people might need to give refunds to groups.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #6

Thanks everyone I was able to find the email in my junk folder.

Well that freed up some time for me. More time for trading folks and hanging out with friends.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #7

  • James
  • James's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1766
If you have some free time search your GHC stuff for Cosmo Joe events he is running something like true dungeon that I was going to check out. I know there was another thread that talked about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #8

James J Krot wrote: If you have some free time search your GHC stuff for Cosmo Joe events he is running something like true dungeon that I was going to check out. I know there was another thread that talked about it.


Yep already signed up for one of them each day (since they change each day). In fact that is the only thing I have booked on Thursday and Friday now.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #9

The email also mentions everyone who bought a ticket will get a free 10 pack, as well as the completion token that was planned for side quest.

I will be in the market for one of these completion tokens if anyone has extras.

EDIT: I will actually be looking for 2 of these.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #10

Wade Schwendemann wrote: The email also mentions everyone who bought a ticket will get a free 10 pack, as well as the completion token that was planned for side quest.

I will be in the market for one of these completion tokens if anyone has extras.

EDIT: I will actually be looking for 2 of these.


After Wade gets his two I'm in line behind him. Looking for just one..
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #11

Rob F wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: The email also mentions everyone who bought a ticket will get a free 10 pack, as well as the completion token that was planned for side quest.

I will be in the market for one of these completion tokens if anyone has extras.

EDIT: I will actually be looking for 2 of these.


After Wade gets his two I'm in line behind him. Looking for just one..


I would also be interested in 1.
Tenth level achieved! Now for the long journey to 11th level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Quest Cancelled 4 years 7 months ago #12

Dave Autzen wrote:

Rob F wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: The email also mentions everyone who bought a ticket will get a free 10 pack, as well as the completion token that was planned for side quest.

I will be in the market for one of these completion tokens if anyone has extras.

EDIT: I will actually be looking for 2 of these.


After Wade gets his two I'm in line behind him. Looking for just one..


I would also be interested in 1.


Also in line. I never got around to signing up for a Side Quest evidently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds