Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #181

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I think $80 to make this is appropriate. This is a functional reprint of an Ultra-Rare, so I think the value should be in that range. I recall that was the intent back when Fallen Star was made.


It's also a functional reprint of an Exalted transmute so think $80 is too much. Trent has Fallen Star Mushroom for $50 and TDTavern is at $35. For what it's worth my math on the ingredients for the Fallen Star came out to under $36.

Now prices for
Trade goods. Or 2014 prices

Those monster bits were 20$ or
More each. So I am guessing you are comparing different prices

If they are $35 now on the secondary market, are we terribly concerned about the cost then? If you can buy the fallen star mushrooms at 35 now, then why would anyone spend $80 in components for a clone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #182

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I think $80 to make this is appropriate. This is a functional reprint of an Ultra-Rare, so I think the value should be in that range. I recall that was the intent back when Fallen Star was made.


It's also a functional reprint of an Exalted transmute so think $80 is too much. Trent has Fallen Star Mushroom for $50 and TDTavern is at $35. For what it's worth my math on the ingredients for the Fallen Star came out to under $36.

Now prices for
Trade goods. Or 2014 prices

Those monster bits were 20$ or
More each. So I am guessing you are comparing different prices


Sorry. Those are for the currently listed price. The Feather and Tooth are going for around $10 each. I don't imagine Toadstools or Green/Mystic Mushrooms have fluctuated much unless the Fallen Star was in huge demand while it was in print.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #183

Brokkr wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I think $80 to make this is appropriate. This is a functional reprint of an Ultra-Rare, so I think the value should be in that range. I recall that was the intent back when Fallen Star was made.


It's also a functional reprint of an Exalted transmute so think $80 is too much. Trent has Fallen Star Mushroom for $50 and TDTavern is at $35. For what it's worth my math on the ingredients for the Fallen Star came out to under $36.


I clearly remember that there was an effort to scale that recipe so that it was in line with replacing a UR, so I think the value of the ingredients at that time were way higher than $36. It was actually bumped up because it was too low at first. It's not surprising that it's selling for less than the value of the ingredients, that's not uncommon for many transmutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #184

Using Trent Token prices

2018 UR Ash's Death Pouch - 200 GP to bring you back plus let's say 5 Potion Distilled/Condensed healing. $3.60+$15.75 and one time cost of 2018 UR. So $19.35 + one time cost.

Potion Revival Root plus 5 Potions Condensed Healing.
$7.56+$15.75. So $23.31 each time. Or around $4 more than if you had 2018 UR.

Fallen Star Mushroom
$49.99, So $49.99 each time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by edwin.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #185

Endgame wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I think $80 to make this is appropriate. This is a functional reprint of an Ultra-Rare, so I think the value should be in that range. I recall that was the intent back when Fallen Star was made.


It's also a functional reprint of an Exalted transmute so think $80 is too much. Trent has Fallen Star Mushroom for $50 and TDTavern is at $35. For what it's worth my math on the ingredients for the Fallen Star came out to under $36.

Now prices for
Trade goods. Or 2014 prices

Those monster bits were 20$ or
More each. So I am guessing you are comparing different prices

If they are $35 now on the secondary market, are we terribly concerned about the cost then? If you can buy the fallen star mushrooms at 35 now, then why would anyone spend $80 in components for a clone?

Then. Don’t make it and buy those. I’m sure Kirk and Trent would be happy
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #186

edwin wrote: Using Trent Token prices

2018 UR Ash's Death Pouch - 200 GP to bring you back plus let's say 5 Potion Distilled/Condensed healing. $3.60+$15.75 and one time cost of 2018 UR. So $19.35 + one time cost.

Potion Revival Root plus 5 Potions Condensed Healing.
$7.56+$15.75. So $23.31 each time. Or around $4 more than if you had 2018 UR.

Fallen Star Mushroom
$49.99, So $49.99 each time.


The big difference is that Fallen Star Mushroom takes one turn to revive and get back to full HP. The other options take multiple turns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #187

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Endgame wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I think $80 to make this is appropriate. This is a functional reprint of an Ultra-Rare, so I think the value should be in that range. I recall that was the intent back when Fallen Star was made.


It's also a functional reprint of an Exalted transmute so think $80 is too much. Trent has Fallen Star Mushroom for $50 and TDTavern is at $35. For what it's worth my math on the ingredients for the Fallen Star came out to under $36.

Now prices for
Trade goods. Or 2014 prices

Those monster bits were 20$ or
More each. So I am guessing you are comparing different prices

If they are $35 now on the secondary market, are we terribly concerned about the cost then? If you can buy the fallen star mushrooms at 35 now, then why would anyone spend $80 in components for a clone?

Then. Don’t make it and buy those. I’m sure Kirk and Trent would be happy


If I want that functionality, I certainly will buy a second hand Fallen Star Mushroom if this recipe is drastically over priced. I guess the options are a reasonably priced item that acts as a real sink for trade goods, or something at over double what the market has decided is a fair value of that functionality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #188

Transmutes/combos were designed to be a token sink. So we don’t have boxes and boxes of commons in the closet.
People want to debate the cost etc. but I would rather have a token sink than extra tokens laying around not doing anything
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #189

An example of a necklace

Drakes relic
Ring of he drake
Any UR, ever, we have extra, they may go for sub $50
5× Alchemist’s Ink
5× Alchemist’s Parchment
1× Aragonite
15× Darkwood Plank
5× Dwarven Steel
1× Elven Bismuth
5x Enchanters Munition
1× Golden Fleece
1× Minotaur Hide
10× Mystic Silk
1× Oil of Enchantment
10× Philosopher’s Stone
5,000 GP in Reserve bars

Or without the extra UR
Ring of the drake
10× Alchemist’s Ink
5× Alchemist’s Parchment
1× Aragonite
20× Darkwood Plank
5× Dwarven Steel
2× Elven Bismuth
5x Enchanters Munition
1× Golden Fleece
5× Minotaur Hide
15× Mystic Silk
2× Oil of Enchantment
15× Philosopher’s Stone
5,000 GP in Reserve bars

Giving me a choice to just get any old ur from you means I can order 4 of what I want, and use the extra if I like it, or trade it if it’s worth it, or just upgrade what I already wanted to get from you. It means that no UR ever is bad. Good tokens will stay and bad will just stay in collections. And old tokens with low evaluations don’t become garbage, they retain a value regardless.

It does mean that the anti-social can just do their ordering, get their needs met, and don’t ever have to visit the forums, or talk with token traders. This may be undesired, we may not want those who don’t like to haggle in our game, but I know one couple who would love to never have to trade.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #190

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: Transmutes/combos were designed to be a token sink. So we don’t have boxes and boxes of commons in the closet.
People want to debate the cost etc. but I would rather have a token sink than extra tokens laying around not doing anything

So you want a reasonably priced transmute then instead of one that costs so much no one redeems for it. Glad you agree with me. Now about the Recipe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #191

So what I really like is that since very few of them will get made, there will end up being lots of them in the treasure boxes in a few years. ;)
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipes, From the QTR 9 months 3 weeks ago #192

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: Transmutes/combos were designed to be a token sink. So we don’t have boxes and boxes of commons in the closet.
People want to debate the cost etc. but I would rather have a token sink than extra tokens laying around not doing anything

+1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds