Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Final Transmuted Images

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #61

Incognito wrote: While I don't mind Animal Friend, it's only a matter of time before the Rangers whine about consuming polymorph potions and demand the ability to reuse it (like the Druids did with Polymorph, resulting in their Legendary last year which means they never have to turn in a polymorph potion again).


As I recall, the polymorph potion on Iktomi's was all Jeff's idea. I don't think there was a Druid lobby that pushed for this. This was the original design of the legendary.

If anything, the Druid legendary lost some of its oomph when it was decided that the a player can polymorph back and forth from Human > Polymorph instantaneously as often as they'd like.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob Chasan
My Elemental build
My trade list
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #62

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7846

Arnold wrote:

Incognito wrote: While I don't mind Animal Friend, it's only a matter of time before the Rangers whine about consuming polymorph potions and demand the ability to reuse it (like the Druids did with Polymorph, resulting in their Legendary last year which means they never have to turn in a polymorph potion again).


As I recall, the polymorph potion on Iktomi's was all Jeff's idea. I don't think there was a Druid lobby that pushed for this. This was the original design of the legendary.

If anything, the Druid legendary lost some of its oomph when it was decided that the a player can polymorph back and forth from Human > Polymorph instantaneously as often as they'd like.


If I understand Jeff's post, the time for whining, of whatever character, ends at 3pm today.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #63

David Harris wrote:

Incognito wrote:
Monk Necklace:

1. The "melee can attack as ranged" has consistently been a power balance problem with monks since they can just completely ignore ranged. At least before, they had to sacrifice their gloves slot for it. Now, all top level monks just get the ability for free with this necklace. I really think you should just drop the ability.

2. +1 use of Psychic Powers is problematic because it's stackable. Right now the big issue is Tier 5 Mind Shield which lets you completely ignore Will saves. Being able to do so 3 times is overly strong. Though at this point, I think the better solution is to just errata Mind Shield to tone it down.


As I've been vocal about this, I'll chime in -- I agree with Incognito, drop this from both relic and legendary and let's do something different for the Monk. Maybe bring back Quivering Palm effect on legendary and give them an auto kill on a 20 (1/game); maybe on the relic natty 20 slide deals triple damage or something else cool. Or some kind of Ki Power.

I do agree GoFF letting Monks ignore ranged is overpowered; but still contend if left on the relic if should be constant rather than once per room Or all rounds for 1 combat...but better to remove altogether.

Edit: Also just noticed the Dark Disciple's Shirt allows a "different" Psychic power to be used, Monk legendary should allow a "different" on too.

Please no instant kills.
Playing True Dungeon since 2012.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #64

Incognito wrote: Charm of Timely Aid: At first glance it seems okay, but it can result in a lot of healing. 20% chance of healing 10 HP every combat. More importantly, while most of the rerolls seem to involve saving throws, this could get complicated and confusing if there are ever any rerolls for initiative. If you roll a 3 and then reroll, do you still get the healing? If you roll a 3, reroll, and then roll another 3, do you get 10 + 10 = 20 healing?


These are good points. About it being overpowered, here is the one balancing factor especially in the dungeon. Often times we will heal at the end of a combat or puzzle, time permitting. So now you have to decide whether to heal or gamble on the initiative roll in the next room.

In terms of total healing, 20% chance of 10HP times 3 combats/dungeon is effectively free 6HP of healing, but only if you happen to have room to heal 10HP when you get it. And it takes a charm slot. So I don't think this is OP in my opinion.

But your concerns around re-rolls are valid.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #65

Ava's +5 Holy Avenger

I had a random last-minute thought, re: the +Guard, and about how playing a Paladin means making sacrifices...

What if it was "May give up 1 TC for +1 to Guard" ?

To expand: Give up 1 Treasure Chip (Max) to allow +1 (Max) to the number of players guarded. The additional Guard would last all game. The decision would have to be made in Coaching, and the -1 TC would be recorded on the party card for the paladin's final treasure total.

Honestly, I doubt most people would take advantage of that, because sacrificing a Treasure Chip is unthinkable (:D) but... it's an idea.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.
Last edit: by Raven.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #66

Raven wrote: Ava's +5 Holy Avenger

I had a random last-minute thought, re: the +Guard, and about how playing a Paladin means making sacrifices...

What if it was "May give up 1 TC for +1 to Guard" ?

To expand: Give up 1 Treasure Chip (Max) to allow +1 (Max) to the number of players guarded. The additional Guard would last all game. The decision would have to be made in Coaching, and the -1 TC would be recorded on the party card for the paladin's final treasure total.

Honestly, I doubt most people would take advantage of that, because sacrificing a Treasure Chip is unthinkable (:D) but... it's an idea.


We are not going to let you comment on tokens anymore if you keep suggesting sacrificing Treasure Chips...lol.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #67

jedibcg wrote:

Raven wrote: Ava's +5 Holy Avenger

I had a random last-minute thought, re: the +Guard, and about how playing a Paladin means making sacrifices...

What if it was "May give up 1 TC for +1 to Guard" ?

To expand: Give up 1 Treasure Chip (Max) to allow +1 (Max) to the number of players guarded. The additional Guard would last all game. The decision would have to be made in Coaching, and the -1 TC would be recorded on the party card for the paladin's final treasure total.

Honestly, I doubt most people would take advantage of that, because sacrificing a Treasure Chip is unthinkable (:D) but... it's an idea.


We are not going to let you comment on tokens anymore if you keep suggesting sacrificing Treasure Chips...lol.


I guess if we want to effect treasure pulls we could just let the rogue still pulls from people through the dungeon also. It’s just as valid.

At the end of the day we don’t really roll play our class and we don’t respond on the forms the way that class would act.

I do know it’s more a joke than anything
Last edit: by Wayne Rhodes.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #68

I think that returning Shurikens should be extended to the Monk Relic and the Monk Legendary. I think attack with your melee bonuses at range is problematic and has been discussed in plenty of detail up this point, so instead of rehashing this point I want to talk about why returning Shurikens is a better idea. Returning Shurikens makes UR Shurikens a viable option. This opens up the Monk design space for future years and adds build diversity.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #69

Raven wrote: Ava's +5 Holy Avenger

I had a random last-minute thought, re: the +Guard, and about how playing a Paladin means making sacrifices...

What if it was "May give up 1 TC for +1 to Guard" ?

To expand: Give up 1 Treasure Chip (Max) to allow +1 (Max) to the number of players guarded. The additional Guard would last all game. The decision would have to be made in Coaching, and the -1 TC would be recorded on the party card for the paladin's final treasure total.

Honestly, I doubt most people would take advantage of that, because sacrificing a Treasure Chip is unthinkable (:D) but... it's an idea.


It is a terrible idea that should never happen, but you could call it a Vow of Poverty and that is almost cool enough to say it should happen! :P
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #70

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3155

Incognito wrote: 2. +1 use of Psychic Powers is problematic because it's stackable. Right now the big issue is Tier 5 Mind Shield which lets you completely ignore Will saves. Being able to do so 3 times is overly strong. Though at this point, I think the better solution is to just errata Mind Shield to tone it down.


Except that it isn't (currently) three times, because the shirt forces you to use a different power. And the shirt becomes sub-optimal with the necklace, because it's imbuing power is no longer needed.

And also, we already have the Tortoise Figurine. So it kind of is 3, but that takes another slot. But it's not like it's new, in theory Monk/Fighter/Barb with tortoise + 5 teeth + psychic power can negate two.

Frankly, I'm not particularly impressed by it, since Will is already the Monk's best save and I can't recall the last time I missed a Will save.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #71

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3155

OrionW wrote: I think that returning Shurikens should be extended to the Monk Relic and the Monk Legendary. I think attack with your melee bonuses at range is problematic and has been discussed in plenty of detail up this point, so instead of rehashing this point I want to talk about why returning Shurikens is a better idea. Returning Shurikens makes UR Shurikens a viable option. This opens up the Monk design space for future years and adds build diversity.


UR Shurikens would be viable either way, for anyone with the UR ring and no GoFF. Not everyone will make the Relic/Legendary, not everyone will get the UR Ring in time to make the Relic. And you can still equip the Ring with the Relic/Legend, so duplicating the power on the Relic/Legend feels like a waste.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Final Transmuted Images 1 year 2 months ago #72

OrionW wrote:

Raven wrote: Ava's +5 Holy Avenger

I had a random last-minute thought, re: the +Guard, and about how playing a Paladin means making sacrifices...

What if it was "May give up 1 TC for +1 to Guard" ?

To expand: Give up 1 Treasure Chip (Max) to allow +1 (Max) to the number of players guarded. The additional Guard would last all game. The decision would have to be made in Coaching, and the -1 TC would be recorded on the party card for the paladin's final treasure total.

Honestly, I doubt most people would take advantage of that, because sacrificing a Treasure Chip is unthinkable (:D) but... it's an idea.


It is a terrible idea that should never happen, but you could call it a Vow of Poverty and that is almost cool enough to say it should happen! :P


I would suggest such an ability would be called "tithing" although I love the sound of Vow of Poverty. I can say with certainty that I would use it at least once per year, just to justify it's existence.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds