Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Final Ultra Rare Images

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #85

I find it strange that FoB was added to the Flaming Blade, what's the rationale for this? It feels out of theme for a Monk to be weilding a Flaming Blade and a ... Assasin's dagger? -- Almost as strange as backstabbing with a hammer I guess.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #86

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6774

Endgame wrote:

David Harris wrote:

Harlax wrote:

David Harris wrote: Great job Jeff and community...I really like the set. Seems like there is something for about everyone.

I do worry about adding new slotless tokens every year, every time one is add is gets a little tougher to manage a build. More to remember and more to carry. How about something like a Trinket slot with the ability to equip 5 or 7 slotless tokens. This is probably more trouble than it's worth, but just a thought.


That would be problematic for multi year projects like the teeth. They take up as many as 5 of your proposed slots currently.

And then what about gear tokens? Does my silver mirror count? My waterskin? Etc, etc., etc.


Yeah it definitely creates more problems than it's worth to do something like Trinkets. The previous comment was more of a lament on how slotless items often fell like unchecked power creep. At least with power creep in a slot, it's easy to see when the boundaries are being pushed. But it gets a little more difficult to see the creep when it's very unique slotless items. But who am I to dream crush creativity.

The most dnd way I've thought to address slotless problems was :

You may carry 10 items without a slot.

Then print "bag of holding : you may carry an unlimited number of slotless items. Accessing any slotless item uses a standard action "

While something like that would be a better balance that what we have now, youd likely never get someone with more than 10 slotless items onboard.


I’m at 19 currently.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #87

Jeff Martin wrote: Here is the "functional re-print" but in another slot of the Amulet of Wonder. It would replace the +3 Rod of the Meek.


This is a really nice surprise, love it, SOLD!

For those bummed about the Skull and saying it has a short life it will still free up an Ioun Slot as the Ovoid will no longer be needed, especially if this is indeed the final confrontation with the Mind Slayer. I just want to know if I need to pick up extra Teeth or not if I have all 7 transmuted AND some extra Teeth. Any word on that?
"The Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity."

Boom goes the Devil Drake when this Rogue slides a 20 with a Holy Hand Grenade.

My Rogue Build: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=244107&limitstart=0
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #88

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7882

EvilJohn wrote: I find it strange that FoB was added to the Flaming Blade, what's the rationale for this? It feels out of theme for a Monk to be weilding a Flaming Blade and a ... Assasin's dagger? -- Almost as strange as backstabbing with a hammer I guess.


I think theme-wise wielding a dagger of a monk is fine. Using in FoB does seem out to me unless it was a punch dagger similar in shape to the viper weapons. Which I think the look was redesigned for the same reason as I recall.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #89

JACKOFTRADZE wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Here is the "functional re-print" but in another slot of the Amulet of Wonder. It would replace the +3 Rod of the Meek.


This is a really nice surprise, love it, SOLD!

For those bummed about the Skull and saying it has a short life it will still free up an Ioun Slot as the Ovoid will no longer be needed, especially if this is indeed the final confrontation with the Mind Slayer. I just want to know if I need to pick up extra Teeth or not if I have all 7 transmuted AND some extra Teeth. Any word on that?


I have to think they haven't decided on an answer to that question yet, considering the number of times it's been asked and not answered. :)
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #90

jedibcg wrote:

EvilJohn wrote: I find it strange that FoB was added to the Flaming Blade, what's the rationale for this? It feels out of theme for a Monk to be weilding a Flaming Blade and a ... Assasin's dagger? -- Almost as strange as backstabbing with a hammer I guess.


I think theme-wise wielding a dagger of a monk is fine. Using in FoB does seem out to me unless it was a punch dagger similar in shape to the viper weapons. Which I think the look was redesigned for the same reason as I recall.


Agree I can't see a monk flurrying with a pair of flaming swords. Monks already get returning shurikens, do they need a weapon they can flurry with in this set.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #91

jedibcg wrote: Want to drink that potion? Cost an action to pull it out of the bag and another to drink it (unless you have means of drinking it as a fee action).


Look, we all know True Dungeon is pay-to-win, but I think you're taking it a little too far here.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #92

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

EvilJohn wrote:

Xavon wrote: I still think the Rod of the Meek is going to be more trouble than it is worth, but this is my last lick at that dead horse.

Otherwise, I like the set.


+1 to both statements.

Your wish has been granted. See post #50 of this thread


Egg on my face. Shows me for not reading the entire thread before posting! ;)
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #93

Harlax wrote:

EvilJohn wrote:

Xavon wrote: I still think the Rod of the Meek is going to be more trouble than it is worth, but this is my last lick at that dead horse.

Otherwise, I like the set.


+1 to both statements.


I’m more than a little bit disturbed by the thought of licking a dead horse. :P


C'mon! Don't judge before you've tried it!
Last edit: by EvilJohn.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #94

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7882

Allen John wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Want to drink that potion? Cost an action to pull it out of the bag and another to drink it (unless you have means of drinking it as a fee action).


Look, we all know True Dungeon is pay-to-win, but I think you're taking it a little too far here.


LOL. Thought I don't agree about pay to win. But funny nonetheless.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #95

For Lens of Agility can we get the text to be changed to +4 to Dexterity, Rogue: May the comma will make it so that people don't confuse the +4 dex is only for rogue.
The topic has been locked.

Final Ultra Rare Images 4 months 3 days ago #96

Endgame wrote: Quivers could always be offhand range slot to help with that particular problem... Though there are already slotless Quivers printed


This would screw with two-handed ranged weapons. Maybe it was your intention to disallow ammo on the higher damage ranged weapons? Not sure.

Endgame wrote:

David Harris wrote:

Harlax wrote:

David Harris wrote: Great job Jeff and community...I really like the set. Seems like there is something for about everyone.

I do worry about adding new slotless tokens every year, every time one is add is gets a little tougher to manage a build. More to remember and more to carry. How about something like a Trinket slot with the ability to equip 5 or 7 slotless tokens. This is probably more trouble than it's worth, but just a thought.


That would be problematic for multi year projects like the teeth. They take up as many as 5 of your proposed slots currently.

And then what about gear tokens? Does my silver mirror count? My waterskin? Etc, etc., etc.


Yeah it definitely creates more problems than it's worth to do something like Trinkets. The previous comment was more of a lament on how slotless items often fell like unchecked power creep. At least with power creep in a slot, it's easy to see when the boundaries are being pushed. But it gets a little more difficult to see the creep when it's very unique slotless items. But who am I to dream crush creativity.

The most dnd way I've thought to address slotless problems was :

You may carry 10 items without a slot.

Then print "bag of holding : you may carry an unlimited number of slotless items. Accessing any slotless item uses a standard action "

While something like that would be a better balance that what we have now, youd likely never get someone with more than 10 slotless items onboard.


I guess if we never go above 10 slotless 'reactionary' items. There's already Lamp of green and Lamp of red (can't remember their names at the top of my head), Druegar's Death Die, Kvothe's Bloodless. Probably some others, I haven't been in the game too long.

Then you've got the issue that Potions already take a standard action to quaff (retrieval effect notwithstanding), and other consumables often take your standard action.

I think that we should just let it be. TPTB will sort it out when they deem it necessary. Suitcase players have to remember all of these effects anyway...and in a sense that adds a skill/memory element to the game.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds