Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #49

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Rob F wrote: For what it's worth In the Tokens Note post Jeff mentions the following: "While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts"

The fact that there are 4 UR slot expanders this year and the Skull doesn't jive well with that statement. To me the slot expanders cater more towards us vets and new players will have no use at all for the Skull. Maybe get rid of one or two and add a UR Figurine, Bead, some new pants for those that missed the Kilt or maybe a cool new UR Short Bow of some sort.

Oops. Edit - We already have some pants. Maybe new Gauntlets.


The skull is a slot less 3 or 4 hp heal that gives new players a reason to collect teeth.


I agree, I LOVE the Skull design. It will have no impact on the top end token buyers that will have the Eldritch Tooth (assuming it can't be outfitted with individual UR teeth), but it's great for everyone that can't get Tooth #1 and/or #2 but can get several of the others. It makes it worthwhile for someone to collect 3-4 of the Teeth, it gives them bonus healing and psychic ability.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #50

Matthew Hayward wrote: It bums me out that the base item for the barbarian transmute is better for Monks and Rangers than it is for Barbarians (more crits on 2 pucks than one).

I liked the old +6 with two handlers better - it helped the single puck martial classes catch up and didn't get barbarian into the top 3 damage dealers in my model even when stacked with the neck item.

Proposals:

1. Make this only work with 2 handers?

2. Move it back to damage boost and include only 2 handers - given usable by all rare bracers with +2 damage and no drawback going to 6 on a ur with a drawback seems perfectly cromulent to me.

3. Different effect entirely?

- Your 2 handed weapons have a 50/50 chance to stagger enemy on hit 1/combat - staggered enemies are -2 to hit and ac their next round. (Not sure this effect needs the -2 player career drawback)?

- Your 2 handed weapons gain the bleed effect: monster takes 5 damage at start of each round, bleed effects are cumulative, only impact monsters that may be criticaled?


Why not limit the Barbarian UR token to just the Barbarian & Fighters? There's no reason everyone needs access to it - only the Druid and Wizards could access the Druid UR (and I do hope the favor is returned with the Druid having access to the Wizard UR).
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #51

Mike Steele wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: Part of me is excited about the Hand of Glory, since I have never even seen one of those tokens in all of my years playing and dealing tokens.

However it isn't that good of a token. It swaps the most powerful slot (neck) for a slightly less powerful slot (ring). I'm not saying it's useless, but I wouldn't wear it.

Perhaps I'd like to see a transmute path for the Hand of Glory, so that there is a Relic version that gives you +2 rings. Then it would be interesting.


I'm not excited about Hand of Glory either, although I can't blame Jeff for putting it in because that was suggested in the last review session. Now that we're moving to Relic/Legendary neck slots for most classes, maybe Hand of Glory isn't as desirable now.


Not everyone is going to get the relic/Legendary. I think it’s an extremely solid token for many classes who don’t go all the way to the top.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #52

Rob F wrote: For what it's worth In the Tokens Note post Jeff mentions the following: "While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts"

The fact that there are 4 UR slot expanders this year and the Skull doesn't jive well with that statement. To me the slot expanders cater more towards us vets and new players will have no use at all for the Skull. Maybe get rid of one or two and add a UR Figurine, Bead, some new pants for those that missed the Kilt or maybe a cool new UR Short Bow of some sort.

Oops. Edit - We already have some pants. Maybe new Gauntlets.


Rob Please remember that even without any teeth, the skull will enable a player to instantly heal 4 points which is HUGE to newer players that haven’t gotten all the cool stuff to boost con. Look at the Charm of Health as an example of simplicity helping newer players.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #53

Darn it Jeff,
Based on previous version I wasn’t going to have to spend much money but this latest versions of UR’s I'm going to have to spend mucho to buy lots of them.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #54

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6885

Bob Chasan wrote: Darn it Jeff,
Based on previous version I wasn’t going to have to spend much money but this latest versions of UR’s I'm going to have to spend mucho to buy lots of them.


I’ve learned the hard way not to plan out my purchase until the final version is out. Saves much heartache and grief.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #55

I think the gauntlet are fine without the minus 2 ac it gives a decent alternative to charm bracelet or crit immune bracers. Hat seems weird now not sure how to compare. I like the monks ringchange adding in masterwork shuriken.
Last edit: by James.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #56

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Endgame wrote:

OrionW wrote: I would like to see the +5 dmg restriction removed from the Rod of the Meek. Part of the fun of TD is puzzle solving and folks that like to solve puzzles would like to game out how to add +dmg to this item. I don't think that the item represents a huge power spike in the same way that a x3 crit weapon would and as a result the guardrails should be loosed up a bit.

Agreed on removing the +5 damage restriction. Even if someone wants to pump up the + damage, they won't be able to push the Rod of the Meek further than just using Str with a different weapon.


I liked the last version of Rod of the Meek much better, I think it was fine.


+1
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #57

Bob Chasan wrote:

Rob F wrote: For what it's worth In the Tokens Note post Jeff mentions the following: "While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts"

The fact that there are 4 UR slot expanders this year and the Skull doesn't jive well with that statement. To me the slot expanders cater more towards us vets and new players will have no use at all for the Skull. Maybe get rid of one or two and add a UR Figurine, Bead, some new pants for those that missed the Kilt or maybe a cool new UR Short Bow of some sort.

Oops. Edit - We already have some pants. Maybe new Gauntlets.


Rob Please remember that even without any teeth, the skull will enable a player to instantly heal 4 points which is HUGE to newer players that haven’t gotten all the cool stuff to boost con. Look at the Charm of Health as an example of simplicity helping newer players.


True, I forgot about the +4 heal at zero psychic. Just not sure if the newbs will have any Teeth as they are coming to an end, I think?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #58

Rob F wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote:

Rob F wrote: For what it's worth In the Tokens Note post Jeff mentions the following: "While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts"

The fact that there are 4 UR slot expanders this year and the Skull doesn't jive well with that statement. To me the slot expanders cater more towards us vets and new players will have no use at all for the Skull. Maybe get rid of one or two and add a UR Figurine, Bead, some new pants for those that missed the Kilt or maybe a cool new UR Short Bow of some sort.

Oops. Edit - We already have some pants. Maybe new Gauntlets.


Rob Please remember that even without any teeth, the skull will enable a player to instantly heal 4 points which is HUGE to newer players that haven’t gotten all the cool stuff to boost con. Look at the Charm of Health as an example of simplicity helping newer players.


True, I forgot about the +4 heal at zero psychic. Just not sure if the newbs will have any Teeth as they are coming to an end, I think?


5th tooths can be had for $35 bucks (or they could before this token was announced).

There will be plenty of chances for new players to get teeth in 2020 and 2021 as new ones are released, and in 2023 once the transmute window closes and the extra teeth are mostly useful to power up this thing.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #59

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5776

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Rob F wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote:

Rob F wrote: For what it's worth In the Tokens Note post Jeff mentions the following: "While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts"

The fact that there are 4 UR slot expanders this year and the Skull doesn't jive well with that statement. To me the slot expanders cater more towards us vets and new players will have no use at all for the Skull. Maybe get rid of one or two and add a UR Figurine, Bead, some new pants for those that missed the Kilt or maybe a cool new UR Short Bow of some sort.

Oops. Edit - We already have some pants. Maybe new Gauntlets.


Rob Please remember that even without any teeth, the skull will enable a player to instantly heal 4 points which is HUGE to newer players that haven’t gotten all the cool stuff to boost con. Look at the Charm of Health as an example of simplicity helping newer players.


True, I forgot about the +4 heal at zero psychic. Just not sure if the newbs will have any Teeth as they are coming to an end, I think?


5th tooths can be had for $35 bucks (or they could before this token was announced).

There will be plenty of chances for new players to get teeth in 2020 and 2021 as new ones are released, and in 2023 once the transmute window closes and the extra teeth are mostly useful to power up this thing.


Honestly I suspect by the time all is said and done, even with the skull out there it will probably be quite possible to get teeth 5-7 for a hundred bucks all in. Something needs to be done to gin up interest in then until the end of the cycle.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #60

Re: Meek - it’s kind of confusing. What counts as “other melee dmg bonus”? Is that other than STR? Or is STR bonus part of the +5?

Can it just be reworded as “melee damage bonus limited to +5” or 11, or whatever the limit is meant to be?
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 1.005 seconds