Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #37

OrionW wrote: I would like to see the +5 dmg restriction removed from the Rod of the Meek. Part of the fun of TD is puzzle solving and folks that like to solve puzzles would like to game out how to add +dmg to this item. I don't think that the item represents a huge power spike in the same way that a x3 crit weapon would and as a result the guardrails should be loosed up a bit.

It looks even worse now that it has the same damage wheel as the +2 Flaming Dirk right next to it. (Not saying it *is* worse, but the optics are terrible.)

Also, why is the Lucky Mail +1 AC over the rare Mail, but the Lucky Plate is -1 AC (and +1 save) over the rare Plate? Seems off to me.

jedibcg wrote: I also don't think the power level for Cook's Hat is correct.


That's the nature of a named token, I guess. Nobody would want to have their name on a token that nobody uses. There's also the inherent limitation that any "+level with a downside" token can't be BiS, almost by definition.

But I admit to being biased here.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #38

OrionW wrote: I would like to see the +5 dmg restriction removed from the Rod of the Meek. Part of the fun of TD is puzzle solving and folks that like to solve puzzles would like to game out how to add +dmg to this item. I don't think that the item represents a huge power spike in the same way that a x3 crit weapon would and as a result the guardrails should be loosed up a bit.

Agreed on removing the +5 damage restriction. Even if someone wants to pump up the + damage, they won't be able to push the Rod of the Meek further than just using Str with a different weapon.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #39

Endgame wrote:

OrionW wrote: I would like to see the +5 dmg restriction removed from the Rod of the Meek. Part of the fun of TD is puzzle solving and folks that like to solve puzzles would like to game out how to add +dmg to this item. I don't think that the item represents a huge power spike in the same way that a x3 crit weapon would and as a result the guardrails should be loosed up a bit.

Agreed on removing the +5 damage restriction. Even if someone wants to pump up the + damage, they won't be able to push the Rod of the Meek further than just using Str with a different weapon.


I liked the last version of Rod of the Meek much better, I think it was fine.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #40

If the slot expanders stay I would like to see the -1 Con come back, or some negative offset. Slot expanders are on the upper end of the power level for UR Tokens IMO. And TD's already done something like this before with the UR Redoubt items and Kilts.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #41

I’m liking the new Arcane set. I may pick up a set just for flexibility.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #42

jedibcg wrote:

Endgame wrote: ....
If I'm being realistic, the path that makes the most sense by far is to buy everyone keys, as I can spread key purchases out over 10 months instead of trying to do it in 1 big purchase. and it yields dramatically more healing than buying Bot4W, which is #2 on the list of effective purchases.

Well yes and no. My Bot4W didn't cost me anywhere near ~$1100. 4 Pyp's and some trade goods. I don't have a +5 Baton of focus (yet), but it won't cost me $1250.


In a stable group then key buying makes sense, at a certain tier i expect the cleric to be geared decent but i don't expect them to carry the party of others who aren't geared to same tier. We've all seen those who can basically make sure no one dies but i think there's a lot more mixed groups out there trying hardcore and nightmare who aren't geared that way. We've seen stories of groups where vets overgeared make runs not fun but i get worried about hardcore/nightmare expecting parties to have full sets of tokens like these keys.

More it gets definitely getting the feeling this game is going way of MTG legacy with oop staples that ever increase in costs and no real way to buy in on them. If i want to make a real upgrade to my footwear I've got to spend $$$$ and hope to find them on secondary market.

Getting tired of BiS gear not being reprinted or made available to craft.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #43

Kirk Bauer wrote: Part of me is excited about the Hand of Glory, since I have never even seen one of those tokens in all of my years playing and dealing tokens.

However it isn't that good of a token. It swaps the most powerful slot (neck) for a slightly less powerful slot (ring). I'm not saying it's useless, but I wouldn't wear it.

Perhaps I'd like to see a transmute path for the Hand of Glory, so that there is a Relic version that gives you +2 rings. Then it would be interesting.

Add to it that higher end players will soon be using Relic/Legendaries in their neck.

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #44

Rob F wrote: If the slot expanders stay I would like to see the -1 Con come back, or some negative offset. Slot expanders are on the upper end of the power level for UR Tokens IMO. And TD's already done something like this before with the UR Redoubt items and Kilts.


I agree with this. They are better than past slot expanders because they have a set bonus, so there should be a negative attached to balance that. Or, leave them as is and get rid of the set bonus. I thought we were trying to limit the number of new sets to make it easier on Coaches & DM's, maybe the Lucky set is enough for this year.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #45

MasterED wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: Part of me is excited about the Hand of Glory, since I have never even seen one of those tokens in all of my years playing and dealing tokens.

However it isn't that good of a token. It swaps the most powerful slot (neck) for a slightly less powerful slot (ring). I'm not saying it's useless, but I wouldn't wear it.

Perhaps I'd like to see a transmute path for the Hand of Glory, so that there is a Relic version that gives you +2 rings. Then it would be interesting.

Add to it that higher end players will soon be using Relic/Legendaries in their neck.

Ed


Part of the token notes is that this set contains things interesting to newer players. A hand of Glory is interesting, though I think it would be OK to make it +1 ring slot (no max 3 qualfier) If a Relic is always out of your price range, you might be willing to trade a neck slot for a specific UR ring.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #46

Rob F wrote: For what it's worth In the Tokens Note post Jeff mentions the following: "While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts"

The fact that there are 4 UR slot expanders this year and the Skull doesn't jive well with that statement. To me the slot expanders cater more towards us vets and new players will have no use at all for the Skull. Maybe get rid of one or two and add a UR Figurine, Bead, some new pants for those that missed the Kilt or maybe a cool new UR Short Bow of some sort.

Oops. Edit - We already have some pants. Maybe new Gauntlets.


The skull is a slot less 3 or 4 hp heal that gives new players a reason to collect teeth.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #47

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Endgame wrote:

OrionW wrote: I would like to see the +5 dmg restriction removed from the Rod of the Meek. Part of the fun of TD is puzzle solving and folks that like to solve puzzles would like to game out how to add +dmg to this item. I don't think that the item represents a huge power spike in the same way that a x3 crit weapon would and as a result the guardrails should be loosed up a bit.

Agreed on removing the +5 damage restriction. Even if someone wants to pump up the + damage, they won't be able to push the Rod of the Meek further than just using Str with a different weapon.


I liked the last version of Rod of the Meek much better, I think it was fine.


(Gimli voice) And my axe!

I agree. It seems a needless annoyance for character builders.

Are we worried Eldrith Boots + Ring of the eel + 18 str with this weapon is too good or something?

Also it gives rise to questions like how does this interact with runestones and bardsong?
Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Ultra Rare Beta Images 7 months 2 weeks ago #48

It bums me out that the base item for the barbarian transmute is better for Monks and Rangers than it is for Barbarians (more crits on 2 pucks than one).

I liked the old +6 with two handlers better - it helped the single puck martial classes catch up and didn't get barbarian into the top 3 damage dealers in my model even when stacked with the neck item.

Proposals:

1. Make this only work with 2 handers?

2. Move it back to damage boost and include only 2 handers - given usable by all rare bracers with +2 damage and no drawback going to 6 on a ur with a drawback seems perfectly cromulent to me.

3. Different effect entirely?

- Your 2 handed weapons have a 50/50 chance to stagger enemy on hit 1/combat - staggered enemies are -2 to hit and ac their next round. (Not sure this effect needs the -2 player career drawback)?

- Your 2 handed weapons gain the bleed effect: monster takes 5 damage at start of each round, bleed effects are cumulative, only impact monsters that may be criticaled?
Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds