Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RE-PRINT Ideas?

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #109

With the class-only 5-stars, I don’t think there’s room for any others - especially anything usable by last year’s three blessed classes.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #110

Brad Mortensen wrote: With the class-only 5-stars, I don’t think there’s room for any others - especially anything usable by last year’s three blessed classes.


It's insane that it's "last year's three blessed classes" when nobody has even run with any of the tokens yet.
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #111

I'm not sure that reprinting the slot expanding tokens eg. Charm Necklace, Earcuff of Orbits, Charm Bracelet, Charm of Brooching is such a great idea. I think having more open slots drives power creep significantly and the losers are new players who just fall farther and farther behind the power curve.

Good suggestions I've seen so far are Charm of Enlightenment (Please do more with the Wis design space), Mad Evokers Charm, Sniper Specs, FoP: Phoenix, Carter's Tome of Insight and gear tokens that bring back improvisational roleplaying in the dungeon.
Last edit: by Andrew Haas.
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #112

These are my recommendations for
Rare reprints. They are all high demand with low supply, and ones I think new and old players will enjoy.

Earcuff of Vitality
Gloves of Healing
Ring of Brilliance
Brawler's Mug
Charm of Enlightenment
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #113

Mike Steele wrote: These are my recommendations for
Rare reprints. They are all high demand with low supply, and ones I think new and old players will enjoy.

Earcuff of Vitality
Gloves of Healing
Ring of Brilliance
Brawler's Mug
Charm of Enlightenment

I missed a few of these in my list, so I'll +1 the whole list.
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #114

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5759

Andrew Haas wrote: I'm not sure that reprinting the slot expanding tokens eg. Charm Necklace, Earcuff of Orbits, Charm Bracelet, Charm of Brooching is such a great idea. I think having more open slots drives power creep significantly and the losers are new players who just fall farther and farther behind the power curve.

Good suggestions I've seen so far are Charm of Enlightenment (Please do more with the Wis design space), Mad Evokers Charm, Sniper Specs, FoP: Phoenix, Carter's Tome of Insight and gear tokens that bring back improvisational roleplaying in the dungeon.


Point of order, charm of Brooching isnt a slot expander, it's a slot switcher. Loose 1 charm slot to gain 1 back slot.

In terms of the others I agree about printing new slot expanders, those are 100% power creep, but reprinting the old ones is just giving new players a chance to catch up on the number of slots already available to those players who were around the first time at the same pyp price point.

I'm in favor of the rares you mentioned, but those are kind of a different list.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #115

As far as slot expanders, I have always thought a slotless item like a ‘Jewelry box’ to provide 1 extra ring, ear, Charm slot would be in demand.

I would include necklace too, but with the strength of neck slots currently I wonder if that would be too powerful. I would love to wear my Valhalla and new class neck though!
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #116

Arnold wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: With the class-only 5-stars, I don’t think there’s room for any others - especially anything usable by last year’s three blessed classes.


It's insane that it's "last year's three blessed classes" when nobody has even run with any of the tokens yet.


It sounds like you called me “insane.”

Yes, “last year,” in 2018, we designed class-specific tokens for three classes. I understand most don’t have them yet, and nobody has played with them.

“This year” we are designing tokens to play with next year. I believe it is greedy for those three classes to expect more relics until the other seven or nine classes (depending on how you count them) get theirs.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte
Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #117

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: With the class-only 5-stars, I don’t think there’s room for any others - especially anything usable by last year’s three blessed classes.


It's insane that it's "last year's three blessed classes" when nobody has even run with any of the tokens yet.


It sounds like you called me “insane.”

Yes, “last year,” in 2018, we designed class-specific tokens for three classes. I understand most don’t have them yet, and nobody has played with them.

“This year” we are designing tokens to play with next year. I believe it is greedy for those three classes to expect more relics until the other seven or nine classes (depending on how you count them) get theirs.


I can see (hear?) how you.might think that he called you insane, but I dont think that was the intent. I think it was more a comment on the timing of the cycle, nd how it shifted this year.

In point of fact, I know I agree with you Brad that relics this year are likely to be limited to the 4 classes that were mentioned before.

I like the idea of a black belt at UR for the monk, moving to neck at Relic and Legendary.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #118

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: With the class-only 5-stars, I don’t think there’s room for any others - especially anything usable by last year’s three blessed classes.


It's insane that it's "last year's three blessed classes" when nobody has even run with any of the tokens yet.


It sounds like you called me “insane.”

Yes, “last year,” in 2018, we designed class-specific tokens for three classes. I understand most don’t have them yet, and nobody has played with them.

“This year” we are designing tokens to play with next year. I believe it is greedy for those three classes to expect more relics until the other seven or nine classes (depending on how you count them) get theirs.


I can see (hear?) how you.might think that he called you insane, but I dont think that was the intent. I think it was more a comment on the timing of the cycle, nd how it shifted this year.

In point of fact, I know I agree with you Brad that relics this year are likely to be limited to the 4 classes that were mentioned before.

I like the idea of a black belt at UR for the monk, moving to neck at Relic and Legendary.


I think you’re right, Wade, and I’m certain now that I took it the wrong way. I’d like to retract my umbrage, if I may, and apologize for taking it personally (and wrong).

I agree 100% that this transition cycle is nuts. I’m hoping it’ll feel less so next year.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte
Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #119

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5759

Wade Schwendemann wrote: In point of fact, I know I agree with you Brad that relics this year are likely to be limited to the 4 classes that were mentioned before.


Which classes were up this year? I know there was mention of the pali getting a sword but I must have missed the others.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
The topic has been locked.

RE-PRINT Ideas? 9 months 2 weeks ago #120

Wade Schwendemann wrote: In point of fact, I know I agree with you Brad that relics this year are likely to be limited to the 4 classes that were mentioned before.

I think the token economy may need some non-class-specific relics for it's health.

To give an example of my thinking... People that equip entire teams only need 4 relics for 2020 if you just do class specific ones. Compare that to 2018, where a full team was likely aiming somewhere between 10-25 relics. (For groups that are doing relic-level transmuting)

So I suggest we need at least one if not two non-class-specific Relics in the mix for 2020.
Last edit: by Fiddy.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds