Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transmute Ideas Please!

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #97

Thomas wrote: ...
As for as Relics, for a Monk, I feel like it should be a Black Belt. I feel like it should allow him/her to auto-crit on 17-20 and a plus to str/ac. Each relic should reflect the classes uniqueness and for the Monk I think that should mean it either grants immunity to something or make Flurry of Blows/Stunning Strike better.

....

I would think with the charm and ioun stone this year, I don't really see the need for a tressure enhancer anything next year. Those should be sparse.


Digging the idea of a belt transmute path for Monk.

Still like to see a volunteer IS stone transmute of some sort. Potentially as a thank you for volunteering X shows/years vs a standard transmute.

Unless Orbits is outright banned it's going to be a must have for given level of play and rather just see reprint at this point.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #98

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5681

Arnold wrote:

Picc wrote:

Arnold wrote: It's also incorrect to assume that everyone has and will have all the IS TE tokens.


No but I think its fair to say most will prioritize them and more people would feel better about perusing different ioun stone slot combinations if orbits were reprinted so they had room to do so. Anecdotal but, I passed on this years Ioun Stone Infernal Fire Prism specifically because the slot is already to crowded, and I have an orbits.

In principle I am against slot expanders, but orbits already exists so damage done. Where we are today IMO letting more people have access to extra slots fosters more build diversity.



I don't disagree, but you're promoting diversity in one slot at the expense of another. A ubiquitous Orbits gold silver platinum world means very little diversity in the ear slot.

At least when someone who's maxed out on IS TE still can equip 2+.

Orbits means you are looking at 1 other token. A slot which is largely the same across most builds.

Charming and Phalanx and inspiration.


Unless at some point we get a slot convertor (like charm-of-brooching) which I would support.

But even without a slot convertor, with no orbits
5 iouns(3 locked for TEs), 2 ears could be whatever = 2 iouns free & 2 ears free = 4 slots that could be diverse

With Orbits
7 iouns(3 locked for TEs), 2 ears (1 slot locked for orbits) = 4 iouns free & 1 ear free = 5 slots that could be diverse + Jeff has sold an extra UR
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #99

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Arnold wrote: Charming and Phalanx and inspiration.


Also Icecrag's

I agree, Orbits is clearly best, both because of the other choices and because of what it offers.

I think it's too soon for an Orbits reprint. Other than game balance issues, I don't know, but the earliest reprint seems to have been 5 years OOP. Maybe next year?


I would say wait for orbits until at least 2021 with the release of the platinum nugget, or even in 2022... unless that is what you meant for next year?

The existing top items for ears that are not orbits are pretty diverse - damage bonus for spells, AC, Ref saves & 1/3 level, and Con & regen. What would a relic earcuff look like that would be interesting but also not replace any of the others??
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #100

Matt wrote:

Thomas wrote: ...
As for as Relics, for a Monk, I feel like it should be a Black Belt. I feel like it should allow him/her to auto-crit on 17-20 and a plus to str/ac. Each relic should reflect the classes uniqueness and for the Monk I think that should mean it either grants immunity to something or make Flurry of Blows/Stunning Strike better.

....

I would think with the charm and ioun stone this year, I don't really see the need for a tressure enhancer anything next year. Those should be sparse.


Digging the idea of a belt transmute path for Monk.

Still like to see a volunteer IS stone transmute of some sort. Potentially as a thank you for volunteering X shows/years vs a standard transmute.

Unless Orbits is outright banned it's going to be a must have for given level of play and rather just see reprint at this point.


I would love to see a Volunteer IS transmute, but the volunteer IS is why Orbits is so heavily used IMO. If you have all 4 Volunteer Ioun Stones and The TEs includes the platinum nugget being printed in 2 years then you are full on Ioun Stones
Like someone else said I passed on the new Ioun Stone as a PYP this year because my build is basically full on Ioun Stones.
I currently using all 4 volunteer Ioun Stones, 2 nuggets, and either Beryl Prism or fluorite cube.
I am not at all in favor of banning tokens like orbits because while good it isn’t a problem in of its self. I understand the Mad Evoker’s Charm discussion on power level, and I understood last years changes to LoDS and CoSS rules changes because they were fixing real issues in the dungeons.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #101

I'm up for the next 3 or 4 year transmute to be an ioun slot. Wouldn't mind seeing something like the hat of expertise effect plus some saves it ac transmute into a relic ioun.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #102

The infinity gauntlet idea sounds fantastic. The thought of multiple small yearly transmutes that become something better sounds fun.

A few ideas I had were:....
What about combining all the rare focus items to create one +2 Item in one of the less contested slots for them? Or make it a Staff/Baton that gives +2 to Damage/Healing/polymorph to replace the +1 focus they would likely have been using -the +2 to hit need not be applied to make the UR still better.

Expanded Crit Range Whetstone? (i.e. Keen/Smiting on a "stone"). Could be limited to one whetstone if necessary.

The most recent Transmuted Weapon that isn't Relic or higher is from 2012. So that design space can likely be explored a bit more.

What about a token that gives +X to stats A, B, and C if all three are equal? [Charm of Equilibrium?] While very conditional, this could give some of those negative stat tokens some new life while looking into a new design state. Similarly you could require a max stat value for some tokens to be used.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #103

Monk relic
Talisman of balance : raise your 2nd highest stat to equal your highest stat.

Monk legendary
The One's Talisman of Oneness : +1 to everything (+1 level; +1 str, dex, con, int, wis, cha, ref, will, fort, to-hit, dam, AC, hp; 1 retribution, 1 DR, 1 regen), and a roll of 1 is an auto-success for you.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #104

Barbarian relic
Iron chain necklace : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand (still counts as 2-handed), cleave 1/game (deal same damage to 2nd monster)

Barbarian legendary
Bruce's iron chain of power : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand, cleave 1/room, rage 1/room.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #105

kurtreznor wrote: Barbarian relic
Iron chain necklace : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand (still counts as 2-handed), cleave 1/game (deal same damage to 2nd monster)

Barbarian legendary
Bruce's iron chain of power : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand, cleave 1/room, rage 1/room.

Hmm, do we want a barbarian welding a 2H weapon and wearing the Redoubt set?
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #106

kurtreznor wrote:
Barbarian legendary
Bruce's iron chain of power : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand, cleave 1/room, rage 1/room.


Bixby's bindings of brawn?
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #107

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6716

Endgame wrote:

kurtreznor wrote: Barbarian relic
Iron chain necklace : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand (still counts as 2-handed), cleave 1/game (deal same damage to 2nd monster)

Barbarian legendary
Bruce's iron chain of power : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand, cleave 1/room, rage 1/room.

Hmm, do we want a barbarian welding a 2H weapon and wearing the Redoubt set?


They already do. Just equip a one handed ranged weapon and Redoubt Shield ranged offhand and you get the set bonus.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 7 months 3 weeks ago #108

Harlax wrote:

Endgame wrote:

kurtreznor wrote: Barbarian relic
Iron chain necklace : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand (still counts as 2-handed), cleave 1/game (deal same damage to 2nd monster)

Barbarian legendary
Bruce's iron chain of power : weild 2-hand weapons with 1 hand, cleave 1/room, rage 1/room.

Hmm, do we want a barbarian welding a 2H weapon and wearing the Redoubt set?


They already do. Just equip a one handed ranged weapon and Redoubt Shield ranged offhand and you get the set bonus.

Duh, yeah. And that single hand ranged weapon can be thors. Carry on no complaints here.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds