Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transmute Ideas Please!

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #541

Mike Steele wrote:

Endgame wrote: In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others


While I'd prefer a functional or straight reprint of Druegar's Cloak, if we can't get that I like an idea along these lines. It would be good for classes that have a significant weakness in one of the save categories.

I find my party trends to be short in one save. My cleric is short on ref. My fighter is short on will. Since the cloak let's you choose, it seems more powerful than a blanket +save. If it's not too powerful, the legendary should be +8 to one save and +5 to the others to give the same amount of saves as the current legendary (+18 total)

Edit - note that with a charm of brooching, both legendaries would provide +11 to 2 saves, and +14 to one. That seems really good.
Last edit: by Endgame.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #542

I’m not sure there is any point in discussing Legendary tokens unless they are the class neck slots/holy avenger until all of the class Legendary‘s have been completed.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #543

We could make it so that the 2 save cloaks cant be equipped together, like CoA and AotF.

Also, I suspect there will be one non-class specific relic available to make, maybe it will be this one?
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #544

Wade Schwendemann wrote: We could make it so that the 2 save cloaks cant be equipped together, like CoA and AotF.

Also, I suspect there will be one non-class specific relic available to make, maybe it will be this one?

An exclusion clause would work. However, I also neglected to consider that someone with a charm of brooching may already be wearing the current relic and legendary for +10 to all saves. It they wanted to craft a second legendary to get +1 to 2 saves and +4 to the third, I don't think that is too objectionable.

If it is, consider the new legendary as I originally suggested. Then the second legendary grants +3 to one save.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #545

Endgame wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: We could make it so that the 2 save cloaks cant be equipped together, like CoA and AotF.

Also, I suspect there will be one non-class specific relic available to make, maybe it will be this one?

An exclusion clause would work. However, I also neglected to consider that someone with a charm of brooching may already be wearing the current relic and legendary for +10 to all saves. It they wanted to craft a second legendary to get +1 to 2 saves and +4 to the third, I don't think that is too objectionable.

If it is, consider the new legendary as I originally suggested. Then the second legendary grants +3 to one save.


I dont have any issue with the staggered cloak in either form.
I would like to see an Ioun stone, eye, or new wrist transmute before another back slot though
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #546

Xavon wrote:

Endgame wrote: In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others


Ultimately, feels both too similar to the existing Orange cloak series, yet also not as good. +6 to all vs +7/+4/+4 ... Maybe make it 7/3/3 on the relic and 9/4/4 on the legendary. That makes it feel like more of a trade.

Or going on a different track:

Swashbuckler's Cape
+1 to AC, +1 to Hit in melee

Duelist's Cape
+2 to AC, +2 to Hit and +1 pt of damage in melee

Cape of Flynning
+3 to AC, +3 to Hit and +2 pts of damage in melee


Since not all saves are equally valuable any given year, and since not all characters have even saves across the board, +A/+B/+B is already better than +C/+C/+C when A+2B=3C.

So, a +6/+3/+3 cloak (+12 to saves) is already better than the Greater Cloak of Destiny (also +12) in the majority of scenarios.

A +7/+4/+4 (+15 total) seems worse to me than a +6/+6/+6 at legendary, I think +7/+5/+5 would be OK too.

7/3/3 on relic is far too good - giving more saves bonus than the existing relic cloak, and doing it in a manner which is generally preferable. Consider, this would be like having a Rare cloak of saves that was +5/+1/+1.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #547

Xavon wrote:

Endgame wrote: In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others


Ultimately, feels both too similar to the existing Orange cloak series, yet also not as good. +6 to all vs +7/+4/+4 ... Maybe make it 7/3/3 on the relic and 9/4/4 on the legendary. That makes it feel like more of a trade.

Or going on a different track:

Swashbuckler's Cape
+1 to AC, +1 to Hit in melee

Duelist's Cape
+2 to AC, +2 to Hit and +1 pt of damage in melee

Cape of Flynning
+3 to AC, +3 to Hit and +2 pts of damage in melee


Just reworking this a bit. +2 feels like a rare to me.

Swashbuckler's Cape
+1 to AC, +1 to Hit in melee +2 to saves

Duelist's Cape
+2 to AC, +2 to Hit/dmg +3 pt to saves
Wizards can duel as well

Cape of Flynning
+3 to AC, +3 to Hit/dmg and +4 to saves
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486
Last edit: by Bob Chasan.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #548

Mike Steele wrote: I'd prefer a functional or straight reprint of Druegar's Cloak

My only eponymous token was a die , but I'm pretty sure you meant Dougal's Cloak of the Stars . We should honor Dougal's service. :)
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 2 weeks ago #549

Druegar wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd prefer a functional or straight reprint of Druegar's Cloak

My only eponymous token was a die , but I'm pretty sure you meant Dougal's Cloak of the Stars . We should honor Dougal's service. :)


Thanks, you are right of course. I'd like a straight reprint of Druegar's Death Die someday as well as of Dougal's Cloak of the Stars. :)
Last edit: by Mike Steele.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 1 week ago #550

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3155
I thought I had suggested this, but maybe it was a different thread. Or my brain not work again.

Anyway, what about a new transmute level. Mystic (or Mythic). They would also be Orange backed, and would be an upgrade from Exalted (so M is to Ex what L is to Relic).

Like

Solvent Charm
+1 pt of Acid damage in melee

Distilled Solvent Charm
+2 pts of Acid damage in melee

Pure Solvent Charm
+2 pts of Acid damage in melee
2 pts of Acid Retribution damage

But Mystics would have a cost roughly the same (or a little less) than a Relic; trying to get middle level players a second tier transmute option. Also, a way to get around the class focused, neck slot Legendaries concept of the next few years.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
Last edit: by Xavon.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 1 week ago #551

Xavon wrote: I thought I had suggested this, but maybe it was a different thread. Or my brain not work again.

Anyway, what about a new transmute level. Mystic (or Mythic). They would also be Orange backed, and would be an upgrade from Exalted (so M is to Ex what L is to Relic).

Like

Solvent Charm
+1 pt of Acid damage in melee

Distilled Solvent Charm
+2 pts of Acid damage in melee

Pure Solvent Charm
+2 pts of Acid damage in melee
2 pts of Acid Retribution damage

But Mystics would have a cost roughly the same (or a little less) than a Relic; trying to get middle level players a second tier transmute option. Also, a way to get around the class focused, neck slot Legendaries concept of the next few years.


The bonuses seem off a little, typically a rare runestone ((disposable) offers a +1 but a rare charm would offer +2 damage/+1 to a Stat so maybe adjust the bonus???
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 6 months 1 week ago #552

Bob Chasan wrote:

Xavon wrote: I thought I had suggested this, but maybe it was a different thread. Or my brain not work again.

Anyway, what about a new transmute level. Mystic (or Mythic). They would also be Orange backed, and would be an upgrade from Exalted (so M is to Ex what L is to Relic).

Like

Solvent Charm
+1 pt of Acid damage in melee

Distilled Solvent Charm
+2 pts of Acid damage in melee

Pure Solvent Charm
+2 pts of Acid damage in melee
2 pts of Acid Retribution damage

But Mystics would have a cost roughly the same (or a little less) than a Relic; trying to get middle level players a second tier transmute option. Also, a way to get around the class focused, neck slot Legendaries concept of the next few years.


The bonuses seem off a little, typically a rare runestone ((disposable) offers a +1 but a rare charm would offer +2 damage/+1 to a Stat so maybe adjust the bonus???


Power level aside, this token level you’re talking about would upgrade the four point transmute to something higher than ultra rare but lower than relic? So light blue (3 point transmute) medium blue (4 point transmute) and dark blue (relic 5 point transmute) mythic light orange (4point upgrade stronger than a ur or less relic) and legendary (dark orange as currently). Is this the proposal?

Edit - it could require one of every rare in a year as part of the transmute and it would fu...mess with token demands in some interesting ways.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Last edit: by macXdmg.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds