Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #61

I was thinking about doing something like this, but I know very little about poker rules. :S

I guess I will shoot for something like this at gencon. can anyone say "Twisted Poker"?
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20 runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smakdown.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #62

for the alt group, you could run a game using commons/UC and rares and not the trent chips. Then as people get knocked out they could be added...just a though
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #63

smakdown wrote: I was thinking about doing something like this, but I know very little about poker rules. :S

I guess I will shoot for something like this at gencon. can anyone say "Twisted Poker"?


You'd be welcome as an alternate for this one, and would also be welcome to come and learn about the tournament structure. etc.

I don't know when youd want to do poker at GC, but I would likely be in.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #64

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: for the alt group, you could run a game using commons/UC and rares and not the trent chips. Then as people get knocked out they could be added...just a though


The problem would be as more people are added, they would then need to play with trent chips.

Also, there are space considerations to be concerned with, as we need to make sure we have enough tables.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #65

thank you, wade, for the invite. I would love to be an observer.

as for running a game or alt table, i'm not sure I would be the best choice.

I was thinking maybe a small game in the crown plaza during gencon. I was wanting to introduce some new angles as well. I am calling it "Twisted Poker".
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20 runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #66

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: for the alt group, you could run a game using commons/UC and rares and not the trent chips. Then as people get knocked out they could be added...just a though


The problem would be as more people are added, they would then need to play with trent chips.

Also, there are space considerations to be concerned with, as we need to make sure we have enough tables.


We don’t have a 4th dealer yet either,
But there are some other options
We need to look into,
To take care of these Alts.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #67

The Falcon wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: for the alt group, you could run a game using commons/UC and rares and not the trent chips. Then as people get knocked out they could be added...just a though


The problem would be as more people are added, they would then need to play with trent chips.

Also, there are space considerations to be concerned with, as we need to make sure we have enough tables.


We don’t have a 4th dealer yet either,
But there are some other options
We need to look into,
To take care of these Alts.

I have a way, I will discuss it with Trent
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #68

The 3rd in our group got back to me and would like to join - please add Tom Dwyer to the Alt list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #69

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 1947

Cary Kelly wrote: The 3rd in our group got back to me and would like to join - please add Tom Dwyer to the Alt list.


He's added!

:)
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #70

Maybe I shouldn't wear mirrored sunglasses this time playing poker...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fred K.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #71

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 1947

Fred K wrote: Maybe I shouldn't wear mirrored sunglasses this time playing poker...


Please do!

:)
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wednesday 10pm Origins Texas hold 'em Poker Tournament Sponsored by Trent Tokens 4 months 1 week ago #72

Fred K wrote: Maybe I shouldn't wear mirrored sunglasses this time playing poker...


Anything but a Mask,
Then again whatever
Even a Mask is cool.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds