Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Any sage advise? Event registration

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #25

If we wanted to jump into a TD run through the waiting list, what do we need, Origins $2 chips or what to sign up and pay for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #26

Donald Rients wrote: If we wanted to jump into a TD run through the waiting list, what do we need, Origins $2 chips or what to sign up and pay for it.


You have to sign into td.events from a device and purchase the ticket. Lori spells all that out in this thread:

www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&defaultmenu=141&catid=611&id=249378&start=12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jpotter.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #27

jpotter wrote:

Donald Rients wrote: If we wanted to jump into a TD run through the waiting list, what do we need, Origins $2 chips or what to sign up and pay for it.


You have to sign into td.events from a device and purchase the ticket. Lori spells all that out in this thread:

www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&defaultmenu=141&catid=611&id=249378&start=12


Thanks for the information. For the free time I have left there, I guess I will need to plan it out and decied if I have time for additional runs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #28

Donald Rients wrote: Thanks for the information. For the free time I have left there, I guess I will need to plan it out and decied if I have time for additional runs.


If you have 2 hours free, you have time for more runs ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #29

TJRat wrote: However, no con is easier to navigate, to walk up to events and join in, than Origins.


I'm starting to wonder how much of that is due to so few people successfully navigating the online system?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #30

Fiddy wrote:

TJRat wrote: However, no con is easier to navigate, to walk up to events and join in, than Origins.


I'm starting to wonder how much of that is due to so few people successfully navigating the online system?


If I did not already know this was a huge convention, I would have assumed this was some college convention with a site put together by their resident Sophomore CS major based on their online ticketing system.

Thank goodness TD has their own site where you buy TD tickets. I can't imagine what it was like the year or so you had to purchase TD tickets on the Origins site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #31

jpotter wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

TJRat wrote: However, no con is easier to navigate, to walk up to events and join in, than Origins.


I'm starting to wonder how much of that is due to so few people successfully navigating the online system?


If I did not already know this was a huge convention, I would have assumed this was some college convention with a site put together by their resident Sophomore CS major based on their online ticketing system.

Thank goodness TD has their own site where you buy TD tickets. I can't imagine what it was like the year or so you had to purchase TD tickets on the Origins site.


Didn't go well would be putting kindly, think 1 or 2 full stop and restarts for event reg as in GAMA had such a meltdown of stopping, then moving reg to another day twice I believe with a rollback in there? That would also be the year we had to do Sat teardown in the dark as no one from GAMA/site find the keys to turn lights on after runs ended for the con.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 2 weeks ago #32

Matt wrote:

jpotter wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

TJRat wrote: However, no con is easier to navigate, to walk up to events and join in, than Origins.


I'm starting to wonder how much of that is due to so few people successfully navigating the online system?


If I did not already know this was a huge convention, I would have assumed this was some college convention with a site put together by their resident Sophomore CS major based on their online ticketing system.

Thank goodness TD has their own site where you buy TD tickets. I can't imagine what it was like the year or so you had to purchase TD tickets on the Origins site.


Didn't go well would be putting kindly, think 1 or 2 full stop and restarts for event reg as in GAMA had such a meltdown of stopping, then moving reg to another day twice I believe with a rollback in there? That would also be the year we had to do Sat teardown in the dark as no one from GAMA/site find the keys to turn lights on after runs ended for the con.


There were also multiple cases of people being double/triple/etc billed for purchases as Origin's site didn't properly handle the case where the web page timed out during purchasing. The page timed out, the person hit refresh, and their payment went through again, and again, and again (each time they hit refresh). Or at least that seemed to be what was observed.

They did do a good job of fixing the extra charges (from what I recall). It's just that those types of problems generally shouldn't exist in a website in this decade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any sage advise? Event registration 2 months 1 week ago #33

Why when I bought mu wife's Origins pass it sent her an email with a bar code to run through some kiosk. I had bought my tickets around three weeks earlier and I did not get any such email

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds