Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between)

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 19 hours ago #1

We messed up a bit and ended up with an E2 ending at 12:01p and an E3 starting at 12:02p Thursday noon.

Does anybody know if you can check in for the later run more than 2 hours in advance, and if so how much extra time should generally be allotted to handle that process.

To make it even crazier, 2 of the 3 of us on the run have an 8a-9:30a event so might not have a ton of time for checkin. I would be able to warn the check-in people they're coming and will need an early check-in though.

(I know this is suboptimal, but I didn't adequately specify to everybody how to fill the priorities in the wishlist to mimize the chance of this happening so trying to make the best of a less than perfect situation.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 19 hours ago #2

In my experience, it is possible to check in and get your wristbands for any events you are doing on the same day all at once. You may need to wait in line for a bit to get your first set of wristbands, and then again in the other line to get your second set, but it is doable. And you don't need to turn in another waiver form for a second run on the same day. Maybe plan to get there as soon as you can after the 8-9:30 am event ends? It sounds like you have a 10:01 start for E2, so it's tight, but possible.

It would be good to use one of the free/cheap character generators to have your builds pre-set to make things go faster in the coaching room, especially the second time around. If you have all 10 tickets, or can arrange your party in advance here on the forums, that would help too, as time won't be spent picking classes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 19 hours ago #3

Yeah, we'll definitely have builds for each of us for each class at normal ready in the app so we can adapt to whatever people who have shown up on time have picked and not stress out the coach.

Usually we get the 5th level char cards from a coach assistant before the coach shows up. Is there any better way to handle that showing up late than to let the coach know (basically should I try to flag down an assistant or just let the coach deal with it)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aegoce.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 19 hours ago #4

Honestly, if you check in for all runs in advance, you should be fine.

I'd imagine no issue getting character cards, and you have a plan to be ready for anything you should be ok.

Also, try to organize here on the forums in advance if possible.

I would also politely ask your teammates if you can go first in the epilogue room.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 19 hours ago #5

You might even be able to reuse your 5th level character cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 2 hours ago #6

Not using one of the character generators for a back to back runs is, to be perfectly frank, a terrible idea. Do yourself, your party, and your coach a favor: have pregen'd stats! (This wasn't directed at Aegoce specifically, I know you said you're using them. I'm saying this for others who may be in a similar boat.)

Here's a thing not everyone realizes: run-times like 12:00, 12:01, 12:02, and 12:03 all go in at exactly the same time. The faux time staggering is a way for us to more easily coordinate the different adventures. So if you have a run that ends at 12:00 and another run that starts at 12:01, you have zero time between runs. It might even be negative time between runs depending on how much time you choose to spend in the optional epilogue room.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 5 months 2 hours ago #7

Druegar wrote: Not using one of the character generators for a back to back runs is, to be perfectly frank, a terrible idea. Do yourself, your party, and your coach a favor: have pregen'd stats! (This wasn't directed at Aegoce specifically, I know you said you're using them. I'm saying this for others who may be in a similar boat.)

Here's a thing not everyone realizes: run-times like 12:00, 12:01, 12:02, and 12:03 all go in at exactly the same time. The faux time staggering is a way for us to more easily coordinate the different adventures. So if you have a run that ends at 12:00 and another run that starts at 12:01, you have zero time between runs. It might even be negative time between runs depending on how much time you choose to spend in the optional epilogue room.

use your resources and make a character for each class.
if you get your wristband early, Send one or more people ahead. One person can stay behind and collect epilogue stuff(if that is still okay). that will help the coaches etc for the next run
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 4 months 4 weeks ago #8

I'm going to elaborate on what others have said about Epilogue...

You go into epilogue at 12 min before the official "end" time for your adventure.

If the folks who are running back-to-back runs are allowed to go first in the epilogue line (and assuming there isn't a back-log from the party before you) then those folks can clear epilogue in a minute or two, giving them 10 minutes to get from epilogue to the start of their next adventure.

Ways to maximize this time include:

* Make sure the rest of your party knows you are in a time crunch, and is cool with you going first in line. Have this discussion before you reach the epilogue room.
* Don't draw your treasure in Epilogue. Just get your completion tokens and treasure tokens, and stuff them all in a pouch to deal with later.
* Don't use this time between runs to hit the bag check or the washroom. Head directly to Coaching (assuming you've taken people's advice and already have your wristband for the next adventure) and greet your new party. Select your character and hand off your pre-printed stats (or phone, if there's someone you are comfortable leaving it with.) Use your Coaching time for any bio-breaks which your body may require.

This all works best if you've met the other members of your party(s) before, either online or knowing them in person... but with good communication, it can work on the day-of.

Good luck! I've done back-to-back runs several times before, and they're a blast!
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 4 months 4 weeks ago #9

Raven wrote: You go into epilogue at 12 min before the official "end" time for your adventure.

If the folks who are running back-to-back runs are allowed to go first in the epilogue line (and assuming there isn't a back-log from the party before you) then those folks can clear epilogue in a minute or two, giving them 10 minutes to get from epilogue to the start of their next adventure.


Actually, no. You enter epilogue exactly at your official end time. It's still doable, but checking in for the second run before going on the first is essential, so they know you'll be a few minutes late and don't give your spot away to the waitlist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 4 months 4 weeks ago #10

Andrew Knoll wrote:

Raven wrote: You go into epilogue at 12 min before the official "end" time for your adventure.

If the folks who are running back-to-back runs are allowed to go first in the epilogue line (and assuming there isn't a back-log from the party before you) then those folks can clear epilogue in a minute or two, giving them 10 minutes to get from epilogue to the start of their next adventure.


Actually, no. You enter epilogue exactly at your official end time. It's still doable, but checking in for the second run before going on the first is essential, so they know you'll be a few minutes late and don't give your spot away to the waitlist.


Brings up a point is there a wait list this year? If i recall correctly with the switch to electronic tickets at Origins/Gen Con there wasn't a wait list last year.

What is current policy?
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 4 months 4 weeks ago #11

Matt wrote: is there a wait list this year? If i recall correctly with the switch to electronic tickets at Origins/Gen Con there wasn't a wait list last year.

What is current policy?

There is no longer a wish list person holding a clipboard writing folks' names & numbers down like we had in the past. If you want to go on a run, even if it's at the last minute, you need to purchase an electronic ticket at either td.events (PAX and Origins), gameholecon.com (Gamehole Con), or gencon.com (Gen Con only). I'll update the Coach's Guide to reflect this change.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logistics for back to back runs (1 minute between) 4 months 4 weeks ago #12

Druegar wrote:

Matt wrote: is there a wait list this year? If i recall correctly with the switch to electronic tickets at Origins/Gen Con there wasn't a wait list last year.

What is current policy?

There is no longer a wish list person holding a clipboard writing folks' names & numbers down like we had in the past. If you want to go on a run, even if it's at the last minute, you need to purchase an electronic ticket at either td.events (PAX and Origins), gameholecon.com (Gamehole Con), or gencon.com (Gen Con only). I'll update the Coach's Guide to reflect this change.


Thanks Druegar, i recall last year this bothered some folks who were used to hanging around with pocket of generics and waitlisting into runs when they had spare time. Wondering if it would help to get into one of the general pre con announcements that folks never seem to read.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds