Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #13

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: Agreed.

Any word on Gameholecon?

They announced dates quite awhile ago.


That could easily be "why" (or part of "why") no TD at Origins. The new Origins date is pretty close to GHC's date, and maybe plans were already underway?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #14

Fiddy wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: Agreed.

Any word on Gameholecon?

They announced dates quite awhile ago.


That could easily be "why" (or part of "why") no TD at Origins. The new Origins date is pretty close to GHC's date, and maybe plans were already underway?

I hope so!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #15

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: Agreed.

Any word on Gameholecon?

They announced dates quite awhile ago.


That could easily be "why" (or part of "why") no TD at Origins. The new Origins date is pretty close to GHC's date, and maybe plans were already underway?

I hope so!


GHC is scheduled for October 21-24 so it is 18 days after Origins ends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #16

Thanks for the update Jeff.

I'm sure the answer to this is "stay tuned" but I'm wondering what the plans are for the Patron event, since that is usually at Origins. Certainly I would want to attend whatever con that ends up being held at.

As for whether or not I will attend Origins without TD, I will have to think about that. I do enjoy the board gaming there too. But if COVID is still a factor it's probably not worth the trip for me.
Classes Played: Barbarian (29 times), Monk (23), Ranger (19), Rogue (15), Cleric (12), Fighter (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (6), Paladin (5), Bard (3), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #17

Someone may want to let TPTB know they need to contact the people at Origins to have them remove their Td related content from their website for this year....off now to cancel a hotel reservation.
Fall down......Go boom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #18

Thank you, Jeff, for keeping us posted. It is really helpful.

I hope it is safe to hold in-person cons sooner rather than later, and that in-person TD will be back better than ever soon. In the meantime, I’m really happy that we have VTD to tide us over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #19

Adam Guay wrote: Someone may want to let TPTB know they need to contact the people at Origins to have them remove their Td related content from their website for this year....off now to cancel a hotel reservation.


When I click True Dungeon under events on their website, it just goes to TDEvents for VTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #20

My wife had noticed Td related materials on the Origins website for this year.
Fall down......Go boom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #21

Early heads up much appreciated Jeff...thanks.

Major bummer, I was really looking forward to the possibility.

Wonder what if anything 2021 will hold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #22

David Harris wrote: Early heads up much appreciated Jeff...thanks.

Major bummer, I was really looking forward to the possibility.

Wonder what if anything 2021 will hold.


Agreed 100%.

Here's to hoping for at least one in person convention this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 2 days ago #23

I suspect GHC is the best shot. But Dane County has been very strict, so maybe not.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Will NOT Be Attending Origins 2021 3 months 1 day ago #24

Thanks for the update Jeff. This makes the rest of my planning way easier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds