Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 1 week ago #409

Cassie wrote:

edwin wrote:

Cassie wrote: Package arrived today! For the sake of reminder: here's what I was expecting to receive in this package from the prize we won:

2x Auri's Honeycomb tokens (Worldbuilders Exclusive)
2x Taborlin's Key tokens (Worldbuilders Exclusive)
20 Treasure Token Packs

In addition I expected this to maybe include a 3rd honeycomb from the $30 donation amount.

Heres a large Image of what was received.

TLDR: We're short 16 treasure packs. And still missing the $30 donation token. But at least the worldbuilders-unique tokens from the prize we won are there. Which are honestly the biggest parts I cared about, but still...


You may well have the only 2 of each of those tokens out there. Some of the rarest tokens ever released.


Willing to trade one for a CoA if anyone wants to take that bet before the price goes up :D


If you list one of those on eBay, I wouldn't be surprised if the bidding went pretty high. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 1 week ago #410

edwin wrote:

Rob F wrote:

edwin wrote: Definitely confusing and not clear.

Anyone else get the email about 2021 EOY? I laughed out loud when I received it.


What email??


It was dated September 2, 2021 and started with

"Heya there folks!

It's hard to believe we already find ourselves in September. For any of our audience in Louisiana or the path of Hurricane Ida, we hope you are safe and sound and able to stay out of harm's way.

Fall is just around the corner, and with that comes our annual End-Of-Year fundraiser, of which we have some news!

Check it out below:"


Nope, never saw that one.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 1 week ago #411

Rob F wrote:

edwin wrote:

Rob F wrote:

edwin wrote: Definitely confusing and not clear.

Anyone else get the email about 2021 EOY? I laughed out loud when I received it.


What email??


It was dated September 2, 2021 and started with

"Heya there folks!

It's hard to believe we already find ourselves in September. For any of our audience in Louisiana or the path of Hurricane Ida, we hope you are safe and sound and able to stay out of harm's way.

Fall is just around the corner, and with that comes our annual End-Of-Year fundraiser, of which we have some news!

Check it out below:"


Nope, never saw that one.


Me either, but I delete a lot.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 4 days ago #412

I did fire off an email today just asking what is up with the guaranteed tokens, and the rest of the prize support. I don't think I will get an answer but figured I would let everyone know that...and if I get a response I will update.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 4 days ago #413

I hear so many good things about WB and the work they do. I'm happy to support them, but am probably like many others regarding frustration over the donation reward delays. I guess I can understand the challenges created by the pandemic. And while I'm likely to donate to them again (because I support what they do), this whole episode does at the very least cause me to pause and think twice. I have to assume they are more organized and efficient at how they administer their charitable work. But right now maybe isn't the time for them to start promoting their next fundraiser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 4 days ago #414

So far I still haven't received anything. I'm still hoping that eventually something will appear in my mailbox.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 4 days ago #415

Thanks Jedi, if you do hear back please post. Others who are sharing their communications with WB thank you for the communication information.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 4 days ago #416

This has got to be the single worst managed charity I have ever had the displeasure of donating to.

I sincerely hope that if TD chooses to do something with them in the future that TD handles all of the token related pieces of the donations. We'd have gotten everything handled and delivered MONTHS ago if they had.

I also sincerely hope TD never partners with this charity ever again. It's a terribly handled charity that doesn't seem to care about actually fulfilling it's requirements in anything relating to a timely manner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 4 days ago #417

Worldbuilders normally has two fundraisers per year - one on indiegogo (Geeks Doing Good) where you purchase donated items for charity and one at the end of the year (End-of-Year) where you donate and are entered in a raffle. I think a large part of the problem is that the TD part of the end-of-year was a guaranteed item not a raffle. If it had been a part of the mid-year fundraiser, I suspect it wouldn't have been an issue (other than COVID delays) and the tokens would already have shipped out.

The end of year is normally just a donation with a chance of prize. I have donated in the past and at some point I sometimes receive a surprise package in the mail with random things. Since we were guaranteed tokens at certain levels, this felt more like a purchase and less like a donation - so I understand why some people are upset.

I hope that TD continues to support Worldbuilders, but I will donate most years regardless. However, it might be a good idea to not have guaranteed items in the end-of-year and have them in the Geeks Doing Good fundraiser instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 3 days ago #418

Chris Wiemer wrote: Worldbuilders normally has two fundraisers per year - one on indiegogo (Geeks Doing Good) where you purchase donated items for charity and one at the end of the year (End-of-Year) where you donate and are entered in a raffle. I think a large part of the problem is that the TD part of the end-of-year was a guaranteed item not a raffle. If it had been a part of the mid-year fundraiser, I suspect it wouldn't have been an issue (other than COVID delays) and the tokens would already have shipped out.

The end of year is normally just a donation with a chance of prize. I have donated in the past and at some point I sometimes receive a surprise package in the mail with random things. Since we were guaranteed tokens at certain levels, this felt more like a purchase and less like a donation - so I understand why some people are upset.

I hope that TD continues to support Worldbuilders, but I will donate most years regardless. However, it might be a good idea to not have guaranteed items in the end-of-year and have them in the Geeks Doing Good fundraiser instead.


But they even screwed up the raffle prizes that they advertised. From what I can see on the forums not one person that won one of the raffles received what was advertised as one of the prizes. It's brutal.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rob F.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 3 days ago #419

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: This has got to be the single worst managed charity I have ever had the displeasure of donating to.

I sincerely hope that if TD chooses to do something with them in the future that TD handles all of the token related pieces of the donations. We'd have gotten everything handled and delivered MONTHS ago if they had.

I also sincerely hope TD never partners with this charity ever again. It's a terribly handled charity that doesn't seem to care about actually fulfilling it's requirements in anything relating to a timely manner.


While it would be great to get the tokens before long, the main thing I'll consider in donating to them again is what good things they are doing with the money from donations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Teams Up with Worldbuilders 1 month 3 days ago #420

Mike Steele wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: This has got to be the single worst managed charity I have ever had the displeasure of donating to.

I sincerely hope that if TD chooses to do something with them in the future that TD handles all of the token related pieces of the donations. We'd have gotten everything handled and delivered MONTHS ago if they had.

I also sincerely hope TD never partners with this charity ever again. It's a terribly handled charity that doesn't seem to care about actually fulfilling it's requirements in anything relating to a timely manner.


While it would be great to get the tokens before long, the main thing I'll consider in donating to them again is what good things they are doing with the money from donations.


Their general lack of ability to handle delivery of prizes properly and reported overspending on required shipping costs leads me to believe my charity money would be best donated to another charity that is more efficient with the use of my money as to maximize the amount of good my donations can do.

Slow, wasteful on expenses and not communicative to those who give, as well as not properly fulfilling a single prize won from the one event I have donated to shows me a company that is being managed poorly. Donating is definitely a good thing, I just do not trust the people in charge of this charity to use my money effectively and to provide what they promise. As they have failed to do both.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds