Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #73

The relics I see in some people's builds are:

Greater cloak of destiny
Girdle of frost giant strength

Are these better than +10hp and +10init to the party?

Are the other relics better than this for the party?

I'm leaning towards the CoAS as better. We are playing NM right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #74

I need to see what Class I can come up with, but it's likely going to be paladin, Barbarian, or Ranger. I did want to check if we are going to equip 1 tooth as a Light Green?

As far as 5pt relic goes, I would agree with the CoAS - as long as we are all in on that - otherwise it starts to fade in value.

Also wanted to check if we are allowed one of each flex type - i.e. 1 onyx, 1 plat, and 1 woodie?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #75

Cliff wrote: I need to see what Class I can come up with, but it's likely going to be paladin, Barbarian, or Ranger. I did want to check if we are going to equip 1 tooth as a Light Green?

As far as 5pt relic goes, I would agree with the CoAS - as long as we are all in on that - otherwise it starts to fade in value.

Also wanted to check if we are allowed one of each flex type - i.e. 1 onyx, 1 plat, and 1 woodie?


Yep 1 tooth as a light green
Also one of each flex type


ALSO, we are all equipping a brown (wish ring) JUST IN CASE right? ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #76

Actually, looking at it, a Ring of Heroism may be a better fit for the 5pt relic - unless you have other ways of getting to 5th level?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #77

I was just assuming Cook's Hat was the go-to for the level

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #78

I don't have a cooks hat unfortunately - and the only purple onyx token I have is the charming crown I didn't have an Onyx Cooks hat - but I have one now :). This is how I would configure my ranged ranger -
Rainbow
Class: Ranger

STR: 16
DEX: 27
CON: 18
INT: 14
WIS: 13
CHA: 13

Melee:
Hit: 3 Damage: 8 AC: 18

Range:
Hit: 10 Damage: 23 AC: 18 Missle AC: 0

Spell:
Damage: 16 Heal: 0 Resist: 0

Saves:
Reflex: 12 Fort: 8 Will: 4

Treasure:
Min: 18 Max: 20

Health: 48

Damage Reduction:
MeleeRangeSpellFireColdShockSonicEldritchPoisonDarkriftSacred
00000000000

Melee Mainhand: Empty
Melee Offhand: Empty
Ranged Mainhand: +1 Mighty Longbow
Ranged Offhand: Empty
Head: Cook’s Hat (Onyx)
Eyes: Lenses of Archery
Left Ear: EmptyRight Ear: EmptyNeck: Ralson’s Pendant of the Elder Yew
Bead: EmptyTorso: Starhide Robe
Wrist: Bracers of Resolve
Hands: Blessed Wind Gloves (Platinum)
Back: EmptyRing: Ring of the Anointed
Waist: Belt of Ogre Mage Power
Shirt: EmptyLegs: EmptyShins: EmptyBoots: Boots of the Four Winds
Figurine: EmptyCharm: Charm of Avarice
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Gold Nugget
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Silver Nugget
Slotless: 1st Tooth of Cavadar
Runestone: Empty

Still looking at other classes as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cliff.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #79

Cliff wrote: I need to see what Class I can come up with, but it's likely going to be paladin, Barbarian, or Ranger. I did want to check if we are going to equip 1 tooth as a Light Green?

As far as 5pt relic goes, I would agree with the CoAS - as long as we are all in on that - otherwise it starts to fade in value.

Also wanted to check if we are allowed one of each flex type - i.e. 1 onyx, 1 plat, and 1 woodie?


Yep wildcard is 1 onyx, 1 plat, and 1 woodie.


Can you gain access to a tier 1 psychic from a tooth without an enabler?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #80

jpotter wrote: The relics I see in some people's builds are:

Greater cloak of destiny
Girdle of frost giant strength

Are these better than +10hp and +10init to the party?

Are the other relics better than this for the party?

I'm leaning towards the CoAS as better. We are playing NM right?


I see it being beneficial If everyone else wants to switch to a CoAS. Though initial conversations on the token were not as well received.

The initial plan also was for NM difficulty but open to discussion. It will be interesting with the upcoming changes to the hit system now and how we all fare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #81

Justice wrote:

jpotter wrote: The relics I see in some people's builds are:

Greater cloak of destiny
Girdle of frost giant strength

Are these better than +10hp and +10init to the party?

Are the other relics better than this for the party?

I'm leaning towards the CoAS as better. We are playing NM right?


I see it being beneficial If everyone else wants to switch to a CoAS. Though initial conversations on the token were not as well received.

The initial plan also was for NM difficulty but open to discussion. It will be interesting with the upcoming changes to the hit system now and how we all fare.


I can make that change to CoAS. The 10 hp is nice but the init is more important. It may save us a round of being damaged in round 2 or 3. Additionally, when combined with wizard lesser maze, it could give us 2 full rounds against one combat before we start getting blown up. Sometimes, we might also get a lucky stun or something like that happening.

On difficulty, my understanding was NM. HC, we’d blow through pretty easily.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #82

I agree that we should likely use CoAS. I think healers are going to be pressed on this run as we will all have lower HP than a typical Nightmare group and much lower +Heal. Along those lines do we all want to use Linked Shirt of Healing (we could also limit the use of the shirts to the folks we expect to take the most damage and the healers)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by OrionW.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #83

Linked Shirt of Healing is a very strong uncommon. I think we should all be using them.

I feel less confident about the CoAS compared to Greater Cloak of Destiny, but it depends on what attacks the monsters in the dungeon have, which we don't know. I will go with what the party decides, but I think it'll be unlikely I'll be making many saves at all if we go that route.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Daniel White.

(FULL) V2a NM Sat 10/10 1:12 PM CST - Rainbow Run 1 year 3 months ago #84

Linked Shirt of Healing also gives 9 * 3 = 27 additional points of healing with the bard AE heal.

Also, I noticed a trend with the V series where the monster does a lot of AE damage. I guess to get around Cloak of Shadowskin

The drawback with the rainbow run on NM is low HP and low saves. If we ignore saves and go with CoAS we will probably lose most save opportunities and that will translate to more than 10 damage for every save lost. The CoAS does give +10 init though. Which is also good to potentially save a round of damage in combat rooms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds