Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have?

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #49

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6499
Just a thought given the timing, Mask of Cavadar?
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #50

Picc wrote: Just a thought given the timing, Mask of Cavadar?


Are you suggesting it will be a head slot item?

That would be very disappointing.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #51

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Matt wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: here is what I am hoping
2020 doesnt exist just virtual dungeons for cons that are not happening
all transmutes extend to a year so expiring 2020=dec 2021, etc
S series starts in 2021
maybe a subset of Urs for 2021 ...
Then in 2022 it restarts tokens (teeth Relics etc)


Sums up my primary questions going forward.


I am hoping the teeth are completed next year, even if the special event doesn’t happen until 2022.

I’m hoping they don’t happen. To keep costs down for 2020. If a small UR sub set is being ordered. Then okay. If not then teeth etc should wait to save money


UR and Tramsute set would be ideal I think? A lot of bulk orders are condensed for trade goods and those just stay in circulation as far as I know. I imagine TD could probably drive a fair amount of sales with URs and transmutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #52

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6499

Harlax wrote:

Picc wrote: Just a thought given the timing, Mask of Cavadar?


Are you suggesting it will be a head slot item?

That would be very disappointing.


I was more asking about design theme then item slot. Something like this guy per chance.

www.amazon.com/tripple_777-Motorcycle-Samurai-Paintball-Halloween/dp/B0817MVGFY


That said could mask be a separate slot from head?
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #53

Endgame wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Matt wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: here is what I am hoping
2020 doesnt exist just virtual dungeons for cons that are not happening
all transmutes extend to a year so expiring 2020=dec 2021, etc
S series starts in 2021
maybe a subset of Urs for 2021 ...
Then in 2022 it restarts tokens (teeth Relics etc)


Sums up my primary questions going forward.


I am hoping the teeth are completed next year, even if the special event doesn’t happen until 2022.

I’m hoping they don’t happen. To keep costs down for 2020. If a small UR sub set is being ordered. Then okay. If not then teeth etc should wait to save money


UR and Tramsute set would be ideal I think? A lot of bulk orders are condensed for trade goods and those just stay in circulation as far as I know. I imagine TD could probably drive a fair amount of sales with URs and transmutes.

it really depends how token sales go before virtual cons. But if its not worth the ROI (return on investment) Then it might not be worth doing
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #54

Endgame wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Matt wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: here is what I am hoping
2020 doesnt exist just virtual dungeons for cons that are not happening
all transmutes extend to a year so expiring 2020=dec 2021, etc
S series starts in 2021
maybe a subset of Urs for 2021 ...
Then in 2022 it restarts tokens (teeth Relics etc)


Sums up my primary questions going forward.


I am hoping the teeth are completed next year, even if the special event doesn’t happen until 2022.

I’m hoping they don’t happen. To keep costs down for 2020. If a small UR sub set is being ordered. Then okay. If not then teeth etc should wait to save money


UR and Tramsute set would be ideal I think? A lot of bulk orders are condensed for trade goods and those just stay in circulation as far as I know. I imagine TD could probably drive a fair amount of sales with URs and transmutes.


If the profit margin on tokens is pretty high (and I think it is), then a new token set for next year might be a significant revenue generator, which might help get past the "no conventions" period of time. Especially if the new token set included tokens like the Platinum Nugget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #55

Picc wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Picc wrote: Just a thought given the timing, Mask of Cavadar?


Are you suggesting it will be a head slot item?

That would be very disappointing.


I was more asking about design theme then item slot. Something like this guy per chance.

www.amazon.com/tripple_777-Motorcycle-Samurai-Paintball-Halloween/dp/B0817MVGFY


That said could mask be a separate slot from head?


OK. But I'm not keen on adding new slots at this point other than a tome slot. The tome slot would put a restriction on what is now slotless and enable more token development with less power creep.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #56

Harlax wrote: OK. But I'm not keen on adding new slots at this point other than a tome slot. The tome slot would put a restriction on what is now slotless and enable more token development with less power creep.


By that rationale, we may wish to develop Pouch and Horn slots.

Also, possibly quiver.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #57

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: OK. But I'm not keen on adding new slots at this point other than a tome slot. The tome slot would put a restriction on what is now slotless and enable more token development with less power creep.


By that rationale, we may wish to develop Pouch and Horn slots.

Also, possibly quiver.


Wasn't the Tome slot already announced, to go into effect maybe next year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #58

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: OK. But I'm not keen on adding new slots at this point other than a tome slot. The tome slot would put a restriction on what is now slotless and enable more token development with less power creep.


By that rationale, we may wish to develop Pouch and Horn slots.

Also, possibly quiver.


Wasn't the Tome slot already announced, to go into effect maybe next year?


I believe it was mentioned to start 2020 when Gregor's tome was created in 2019

My recollection is that Gregor's tome was created as slotless while also announcing there would be a tome slot eventually, possibly tied to intelligence.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #59

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: OK. But I'm not keen on adding new slots at this point other than a tome slot. The tome slot would put a restriction on what is now slotless and enable more token development with less power creep.


By that rationale, we may wish to develop Pouch and Horn slots.

Also, possibly quiver.


Pouch and horns, at least currently, don’t impact the party card. No sweat for coaches.

There are only two quivers n existence. The rare Is a back slot item. The UR is slotless. If more quivers are developed this inconsistency needs to be resolved.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 year 2 months ago #60

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: OK. But I'm not keen on adding new slots at this point other than a tome slot. The tome slot would put a restriction on what is now slotless and enable more token development with less power creep.


By that rationale, we may wish to develop Pouch and Horn slots.

Also, possibly quiver.


Wasn't the Tome slot already announced, to go into effect maybe next year?


I believe it was mentioned to start 2020 when Gregor's tome was created in 2019

My recollection is that Gregor's tome was created as slotless while also announcing there would be a tome slot eventually, possibly tied to intelligence.


That's my recollection, also. So, I guess another question would be if the Tome Slot is still going to be incorporated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds