Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Speculation on 2021 Special Event

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #37

Does anyone have an estimate of how many people were at TDC in April 2017? The high end of estimates for teeth sets seems to be around 450 or so. How does that compare to TDC?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #38

Harlax wrote: Does anyone have an estimate of how many people were at TDC in April 2017? The high end of estimates for teeth sets seems to be around 450 or so. How does that compare to TDC?

My recollection is like 200-250 attendees at TDC. No idea if that is correct or not.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #39

Rob F wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I think the number of teeth sets out there might be in the mid to high triple digits. If we use the same 50 Patron slots, and go x 8, that is 400. Plus those at the 1K or 2K level could easily get us over 500 to 600.

Whether all those sets will be completed and the players attend the "special event" is another matter.

One orb per 8K order, with some making only the 5 orb version rather than the 8, would seem to indicate around 30 to 40 supreme orbs, and some other number of the other orb (I forget it's name)


My bet is closer to 60 of the 8-piece orb.


I hope you're right. I know I'm only making one.

Picc wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd go for another Dungeon in the Wine Cellar again, that was great! Or maybe another True Realm in the TD Warehouse, each Eldritch Tooth Transmute gets you one invite. :)


I wonder how many set of teeth will exist. I know I will have 2.

As with the RoSP, I imagine that the first tooth and second tooth will be the limiters.

Still, I’m thinking there will be more sets made than RoSPs.


I think there will be a LOT more than the RoSP. I may be doing as many as 25 myself.


Balance that with the big buyer who is on record as having skipped year 2 though. And any early teeth that missed the colored token trade in window. I agree there will quite probably be more teeth then rods at least for a while, but I suspect not so many as people think.


I definitely think there will be a LOT more teeth than rods. We have what, about 150-200 Rods out there?

I suspect the number of teeth sets will be maybe 3 times that many.


I agree. I think there will be a flood of Teeth.


There may be 3 to 4 times the number of teeth made then rods but there are probably as many players now than there was before
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #40

And remember there are a small number of people that will be making a majority of the teeth too.
Fall down......Go boom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #41

Rob F wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I think the number of teeth sets out there might be in the mid to high triple digits. If we use the same 50 Patron slots, and go x 8, that is 400. Plus those at the 1K or 2K level could easily get us over 500 to 600.

Whether all those sets will be completed and the players attend the "special event" is another matter.

One orb per 8K order, with some making only the 5 orb version rather than the 8, would seem to indicate around 30 to 40 supreme orbs, and some other number of the other orb (I forget it's name)


My bet is closer to 60 of the 8-piece orb.


I hope you're right. I know I'm only making one.

Picc wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'd go for another Dungeon in the Wine Cellar again, that was great! Or maybe another True Realm in the TD Warehouse, each Eldritch Tooth Transmute gets you one invite. :)


I wonder how many set of teeth will exist. I know I will have 2.

As with the RoSP, I imagine that the first tooth and second tooth will be the limiters.

Still, I’m thinking there will be more sets made than RoSPs.


I think there will be a LOT more than the RoSP. I may be doing as many as 25 myself.


Balance that with the big buyer who is on record as having skipped year 2 though. And any early teeth that missed the colored token trade in window. I agree there will quite probably be more teeth then rods at least for a while, but I suspect not so many as people think.


I definitely think there will be a LOT more teeth than rods. We have what, about 150-200 Rods out there?

I suspect the number of teeth sets will be maybe 3 times that many.


I agree. I think there will be a flood of Teeth.


There's a visual I could have lived without.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #42

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: Does anyone have an estimate of how many people were at TDC in April 2017? The high end of estimates for teeth sets seems to be around 450 or so. How does that compare to TDC?

My recollection is like 200-250 attendees at TDC. No idea if that is correct or not.


Could be. I had no difficulty getting as many runs as was physically possible (3 each day, plus a Jeffagorgon)
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #43

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5678

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: Does anyone have an estimate of how many people were at TDC in April 2017? The high end of estimates for teeth sets seems to be around 450 or so. How does that compare to TDC?

My recollection is like 200-250 attendees at TDC. No idea if that is correct or not.


Could be. I had no difficulty getting as many runs as was physically possible (3 each day, plus a Jeffagorgon)


I seem to recall the estimate of 40-50 patrons being thrown around during the last TDC. I suspect its grown since then, but yes I also had no issue getting run tickets & a raid spot (though granted I grabbed the raid ticket the second they became available to the public and the odds of getting one at that point seemed to be about 60/40 against)
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #44

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: Does anyone have an estimate of how many people were at TDC in April 2017? The high end of estimates for teeth sets seems to be around 450 or so. How does that compare to TDC?

My recollection is like 200-250 attendees at TDC. No idea if that is correct or not.


Thinking about the times when we were all in the winery dining room at TDC, I'd shoot a bit lower in the 150 - 200 range. That said, I imagine something like TDC or True Realm would be the play in order to make it financially worth their while to put it on. This "Special Event" for Teeth Transmuters would just be a part of it.

Walker's Bluff was a fun venue, but I think we'd need to expand to another building on the property to put on at least two different experiences. And I welcome another Grind/Gorgon battle to round-out the weekend. The variety of options at TR was really nice and the more physical Rogue's challenge was a fun change-up.
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #45

Treu Realm at Walker's Bluff was awesome, but here is a vote from the west coast for it to be held at GenCon to avoid the expense of another trip. If it's a separate event, I would hope it would be in the summer (teacher here).
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #46

As much as I would like to see it combined with another event it would really lead to another case of feel bads for all the people not able to participate. I really hope this is a smaller stand alone type of event.
Fall down......Go boom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #47

Adam Guay wrote: As much as I would like to see it combined with another event it would really lead to another case of feel bads for all the people not able to participate. I really hope this is a smaller stand alone type of event.


There will always be a number of people unable to participate. I think the way to make that number as small as possible is to do the special event at GC. I know that would present its own special set of challenges.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speculation on 2021 Special Event 4 months 2 weeks ago #48

Maybe the special event would be a special dungeon or runs available only to teeth bearers. Then it could be held at GC or any number of cons TD attends.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds