Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Official Ghosting Rule

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #37

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6923

valetutto wrote: I think we will find that the vast majority of people that ghost control most if not all of the run so the lone wolf with only 6 tickets is probably not a reality.

What might happen is someone bought all 10 tickets at gencon assuming they could ghost and will find out its now limited to 5.


I don't think the rule in place at the time of ticket purchase allowed for more then 5 ghosts at GenCon
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #38

valetutto wrote: I think we will find that the vast majority of people that ghost control most if not all of the run so the lone wolf with only 6 tickets is probably not a reality.

What might happen is someone bought all 10 tickets at gencon assuming they could ghost and will find out its now limited to 5.


Always a possibility for a disconnect if the rules are changed aftet tickets are sold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #39

Brad Mortensen wrote: Unexpectedly having to pay 60% more for your ghost tickets than you thought you would is a great incentive to work it all out ahead of time.


I tend to agree with Brad on this. I know it's only one of many "what if" scenarios... but it sums up my attitude towards ghosting without proper coordination.

For groups who control all 10 tickets and have made plans specifically so that their ghosting only affect their own group - enjoy your 5 ghosts and split of the treasure however you agreed ahead of time.

If you bought extra tickets *with intent to ghost* and didn't check with the rest of the party, then I have no problem with the situation being resolved in a way which is not in your favour.

If you're only ghosting a ticket because of a last-minute no-show or screw-up, then odds are pretty good no one is gonna be a jerk about it. One or two tickets being ghosted doesn't negatively affect the experience much (if at all.)

Beyond that... Coaches & ACs will remember your face and/or name if you get into awkward situations repeatedly. Don't make Druegar have to go all DreamCrusher on your hiney. It won't be pretty.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #40

So y'all know, in TD:
  • AC=Adventure Coordinator: These are the folks who supervise the DMs and all the rooms within the adventure,
  • CC=Coach Coordinator: These are the folks who supervise the coaches, coach assistants, and trainers in the coaching & training rooms.
carry on :)
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #41

Raven wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: Unexpectedly having to pay 60% more for your ghost tickets than you thought you would is a great incentive to work it all out ahead of time.


I tend to agree with Brad on this. I know it's only one of many "what if" scenarios... but it sums up my attitude towards ghosting without proper coordination.

For groups who control all 10 tickets and have made plans specifically so that their ghosting only affect their own group - enjoy your 5 ghosts and split of the treasure however you agreed ahead of time.

If you bought extra tickets *with intent to ghost* and didn't check with the rest of the party, then I have no problem with the situation being resolved in a way which is not in your favour.

If you're only ghosting a ticket because of a last-minute no-show or screw-up, then odds are pretty good no one is gonna be a jerk about it. One or two tickets being ghosted doesn't negatively affect the experience much (if at all.)

Beyond that... Coaches & ACs will remember your face and/or name if you get into awkward situations repeatedly. Don't make Druegar have to go all DreamCrusher on your hiney. It won't be pretty.


Agree and keep this for the situation where there are tickets available at the last minute. Dont count on buying multiple tickets that are unsold and expect to be able to ghost any unless you have purchased all 10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #42

The other solution to the 6+4 scenario, which I think Jeff would approve: go to the wait list or storyscape and offer to let at least three people play for free, in exchange for handing over their loot.

If you do this, you have a moral obligation to make sure those people have a good time. Be a mentor, explain the game, lend them some tokens, let them keep the 10-pack, let them sort out the puzzles, have a smalll bag of slag handy to give out as a thank you, etc.

ESPECIALLY if they’re newbies. Don’t let their first experience be torment or a bore. They’re saving your butt.

I’m a little ashamed I didn’t think of it sooner.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #43

Raven wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: Unexpectedly having to pay 60% more for your ghost tickets than you thought you would is a great incentive to work it all out ahead of time.


I tend to agree with Brad on this. I know it's only one of many "what if" scenarios... but it sums up my attitude towards ghosting without proper coordination.

For groups who control all 10 tickets and have made plans specifically so that their ghosting only affect their own group - enjoy your 5 ghosts and split of the treasure however you agreed ahead of time.

If you bought extra tickets *with intent to ghost* and didn't check with the rest of the party, then I have no problem with the situation being resolved in a way which is not in your favour.

If you're only ghosting a ticket because of a last-minute no-show or screw-up, then odds are pretty good no one is gonna be a jerk about it. One or two tickets being ghosted doesn't negatively affect the experience much (if at all.)

Beyond that... Coaches & ACs will remember your face and/or name if you get into awkward situations repeatedly. Don't make Druegar have to go all DreamCrusher on your hiney. It won't be pretty.


Raven, I agree with you, I hope that nobody would be too upset if there ended up being a Ghost player or two because one or two people didn't show up. That has happened with our group a couple of times. I think that's very different than someone showing up having bought six tickets with the intent of ghosting five of them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #44

I have the partial ghosting situation potentially happening at Gencon, i have a run Friday at 401p where I bought 7 tickets. None of my group was able to buy a full run. I have been looking for additional players so we can go nightmare but no takers so far. We only have 2 real players of pur 7 tickets so far and 3 other tickets were sold. I was hoping to get 2 other real players and ghost the last 5. I hadn’t thought about the issues being raised here.

It sounds like my best bet is to just drop the remaining tickets and hope we get players who will support hardcore or nightmare.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #45

Fred Kessler wrote: I have the partial ghosting situation potentially happening at Gencon, i have a run Friday at 401p where I bought 7 tickets. None of my group was able to buy a full run. I have been looking for additional players so we can go nightmare but no takers so far. We only have 2 real players of pur 7 tickets so far and 3 other tickets were sold. I was hoping to get 2 other real players and ghost the last 5. I hadn’t thought about the issues being raised here.

It sounds like my best bet is to just drop the remaining tickets and hope we get players who will support hardcore or nightmare.

Fred


Maybe post the day/time/dungeon here on the forums and ask if anyone would like to do the run for free as long as they give you all the loot, and as long as they will run hardcore or Nightmare?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 1 year 10 months ago #46

That is a very good idea! Thank you!
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 4 months 3 days ago #47

Updated Ghosting Rule #9 to the following:
9. Since Ghosts players have no level, they cannot earn an extra TREASURE CHIP via the 6th-level bonus--only real players who are at least 6th-level can claim that bonus. E.g., a 6th-level player soloing the dungeon would receive +1 TREASURE CHIP for being 6th-level, in addition to whatever other bonuses that person was entitled to.

This change is in effect as of now.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Official Ghosting Rule 4 months 3 days ago #48

Druegar wrote: Updated Ghosting Rule #9 to the following:
9. Since Ghosts players have no level, they cannot earn an extra TREASURE CHIP via the 6th-level bonus--only real players who are at least 6th-level can claim that bonus. E.g., a 6th-level player soloing the dungeon would receive +1 TREASURE CHIP for being 6th-level, in addition to whatever other bonuses that person was entitled to.

This change is in effect as of now.

makes sense to me
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds