Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 months ago #49

MetaphoricDragon wrote: Its not much, but for Push damage we have Figurine of Power: Cricket
tokendb.com/token/figurine-of-power-cricket/

MetaphoricDragon gets a cookie!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 5 days ago #50

Mike Steele wrote: As an interesting side-note to this, our Wizard held the record for "earliest death" in True Dungeon for many years. I'm pretty sure in the very first year (although it could have been the second year), he played the Wizard. We failed the puzzle in the first room three times, and he took 6 damage. We then failed the puzzle in the second room three times, and he took another 6 damage, which killed him. It did lead to an interesting conversation with our Cleric on why he didn't heal the Wizard (our Cleric said that he asked if anyone needed healing and nobody responded). The staff were so sorry for our Wizard for having to be escorted out by Death in Room 2 that they gave him a free True Dungeon T-Shirt. :)


In the first year, I played in a group where the same thing happened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by edwin.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 days ago #51

Personally, I want more tokens that reduce puzzle damage or offer bonuses in puzzle rooms.

I wouldn't mind, since the complaint of puzzle damage always seems to come from lower health characters, if there was just an inherent ability for some classes that reduces puzzle damage for them to offset their low health. The 2 wizards conjure a magical shield so they reduce puzzle damage by 2 points. The rogue is nimble and careful with elaborate machinations in the dungeon and reduces puzzle damage by. 1 point.

Ro-gan wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: Hell the rate we are going, we took away treasure stamps. Let's take away puzzle damage. Then combat damage. Then take away weapons and armor.


+1

While we're at it, let's get trophies and medals for participating only. Damn if we win or lose.

Man!! The sense of entitlement is getting worse and worse in this Country. :angry:


Did they get rid of the ghost vs survivor pins so now just everyone gets a pin with the run on it? I think that means we did stop worrying about win or loss in that sense. And your completion token(s) aren't based on win or loss, they are awarded for participation.
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 days ago #52

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7891

Anthony Barnstable wrote: Personally, I want more tokens that reduce puzzle damage or offer bonuses in puzzle rooms.

I wouldn't mind, since the complaint of puzzle damage always seems to come from lower health characters, if there was just an inherent ability for some classes that reduces puzzle damage for them to offset their low health. The 2 wizards conjure a magical shield so they reduce puzzle damage by 2 points. The rogue is nimble and careful with elaborate machinations in the dungeon and reduces puzzle damage by. 1 point.

Ro-gan wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: Hell the rate we are going, we took away treasure stamps. Let's take away puzzle damage. Then combat damage. Then take away weapons and armor.


+1

While we're at it, let's get trophies and medals for participating only. Damn if we win or lose.

Man!! The sense of entitlement is getting worse and worse in this Country. :angry:


Did they get rid of the ghost vs survivor pins so now just everyone gets a pin with the run on it? I think that means we did stop worrying about win or loss in that sense. And your completion token(s) aren't based on win or loss, they are awarded for participation.


The victim pins are gone. The survivor pins only go to those who survived.

The is a token for push damage.

tokendb.com/token/figurine-of-power-cricket/
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 days ago #53

Harlax wrote: The is a token for push damage.
tokendb.com/token/figurine-of-power-cricket/

Harlax gets a cookie!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 days ago #54

Harlax wrote:

Anthony Barnstable wrote: Personally, I want more tokens that reduce puzzle damage or offer bonuses in puzzle rooms.

I wouldn't mind, since the complaint of puzzle damage always seems to come from lower health characters, if there was just an inherent ability for some classes that reduces puzzle damage for them to offset their low health. The 2 wizards conjure a magical shield so they reduce puzzle damage by 2 points. The rogue is nimble and careful with elaborate machinations in the dungeon and reduces puzzle damage by. 1 point.

Ro-gan wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: Hell the rate we are going, we took away treasure stamps. Let's take away puzzle damage. Then combat damage. Then take away weapons and armor.


+1

While we're at it, let's get trophies and medals for participating only. Damn if we win or lose.

Man!! The sense of entitlement is getting worse and worse in this Country. :angry:


Did they get rid of the ghost vs survivor pins so now just everyone gets a pin with the run on it? I think that means we did stop worrying about win or loss in that sense. And your completion token(s) aren't based on win or loss, they are awarded for participation.


The victim pins are gone. The survivor pins only go to those who survived.

The is a token for push damage.

tokendb.com/token/figurine-of-power-cricket/


I'm not exactly sure how the cricket relates to my post.

Good to know about the survivor buttons. The completion tokens are still participation awards, right?
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 days ago #55

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7891

Anthony Barnstable wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Anthony Barnstable wrote: Personally, I want more tokens that reduce puzzle damage or offer bonuses in puzzle rooms.

I wouldn't mind, since the complaint of puzzle damage always seems to come from lower health characters, if there was just an inherent ability for some classes that reduces puzzle damage for them to offset their low health. The 2 wizards conjure a magical shield so they reduce puzzle damage by 2 points. The rogue is nimble and careful with elaborate machinations in the dungeon and reduces puzzle damage by. 1 point.

Ro-gan wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: Hell the rate we are going, we took away treasure stamps. Let's take away puzzle damage. Then combat damage. Then take away weapons and armor.


+1

While we're at it, let's get trophies and medals for participating only. Damn if we win or lose.

Man!! The sense of entitlement is getting worse and worse in this Country. :angry:


Did they get rid of the ghost vs survivor pins so now just everyone gets a pin with the run on it? I think that means we did stop worrying about win or loss in that sense. And your completion token(s) aren't based on win or loss, they are awarded for participation.


The victim pins are gone. The survivor pins only go to those who survived.

The is a token for push damage.

tokendb.com/token/figurine-of-power-cricket/


I'm not exactly sure how the cricket relates to my post.

Good to know about the survivor buttons. The completion tokens are still participation awards, right?


If push damage from failing to solve a puzzzle kills you you come back with 1 hp in the next room.

Granted it doesn't address damage from making a mistake while working on the puzzle. But if you are low on hp you can stop working on it, take the push damage and make it to the next room alive.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 4 years 2 days ago #56

There is also a token for puzzle damage that doesn't relate to push damage

tokendb.com/token/rays-ring-of-remembrance/
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 3 years 3 months ago #57

The time has come for a push Damage token. Maybe new wizard cards with
Some type of Force Shield Spell,
1/2 of all puzzle or push damage.
Then again Jeff is old school.
If your guy dies on his 1st run, it's fine.
Play again and do better.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 3 years 3 months ago #58

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7891

The Falcon wrote: The time has come for a push Damage token. Maybe new wizard cards with
Some type of Force Shield Spell,
1/2 of all puzzle or push damage.
Then again Jeff is old school.
If your guy dies on his 1st run, it's fine.
Play again and do better.


Like Ray's Ring of Remembrance?

Or Figurine of Power Cricket?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 3 years 3 months ago #59

Harlax wrote:

The Falcon wrote: The time has come for a push Damage token. Maybe new wizard cards with
Some type of Force Shield Spell,
1/2 of all puzzle or push damage.
Then again Jeff is old school.
If your guy dies on his 1st run, it's fine.
Play again and do better.


Like Ray's Ring of Remembrance?

Or Figurine of Power Cricket?


I remember reading Ray's would be the only token to reduce puzzle damage (not push damage from puzzle failure) so I expect them to be in demand as years go by, especially on puzzle runs if/when something more deadly than Nightmare comes along where touching the wrong item may do 20+ dmg!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzle failure shouldn't take combat hitpoints 3 years 3 months ago #60

The Falcon wrote: The time has come for a push Damage token.

If you want to remove all challenge, just play on Non-Lethal difficulty. Or if you prefer, play on Nightmare and never adjust your hit points.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds