Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 5 months ago #25

2005 was the year for the emt's. it was my first year and was quite an intro to TD.
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20 runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 5 months ago #26

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1857
It never happened to me, but I always wish Jeff would bring it back one of these days...

If a Player "died" in-game an NPC Death would take them "behind the curtain" and give them a chance to get resurrected.

The player slides an empty combat puck on a Death-silhouetted combat board. They get 3 chances to slide a Nat-20. If they do they are returned to the Party.

It happened to one of my friends back in either 2005 or 2006. It took him all 3 slides to get the "20."
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 5 months ago #27

Ro-gan wrote: It never happened to me, but I always wish Jeff would bring it back one of these days...

If a Player "died" in-game an NPC Death would take them "behind the curtain" and give them a chance to get resurrected.

The player slides an empty combat puck on a Death-silhouetted combat board. They get 3 chances to slide a Nat-20. If they do they are returned to the Party.

It happened to one of my friends back in either 2005 or 2006. It took him all 3 slides to get the "20."


I remember something like that happening at True Realm. Love things like this that change-up a dungeon.
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 4 months ago #28

The first light sources back in the early days were light up golf balls that had glue-gun made rubbery "flames" on them.

There was only one light source per party--represented a torch.

There was aslo a way to get a second light source for the party--the Darkvision spell on from the Wizard.
This second light source was tied to the Wizard, and, unlike the torch, couldn't be handed to another player.

There were also woodie Darkvision tokens that could be turned in for a third (!) light source.

--Steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 4 months ago #29

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1857

Lord of Mistakes wrote: The first light sources back in the early days were light up golf balls that had glue-gun made rubbery "flames" on them.

There was only one light source per party--represented a torch.

There was aslo a way to get a second light source for the party--the Darkvision spell on from the Wizard.
This second light source was tied to the Wizard, and, unlike the torch, couldn't be handed to another player.

There were also woodie Darkvision tokens that could be turned in for a third (!) light source.

--Steven


I totally remember that!! Good times, good times.
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #30

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2061

Lord of Mistakes wrote: The first light sources back in the early days were light up golf balls that had glue-gun made rubbery "flames" on them.

There was only one light source per party--represented a torch.

There was aslo a way to get a second light source for the party--the Darkvision spell on from the Wizard.
This second light source was tied to the Wizard, and, unlike the torch, couldn't be handed to another player.

There were also woodie Darkvision tokens that could be turned in for a third (!) light source.

--Steven


Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History

I thought some of you might want to see an example of the infamous first light source in the dungeon!

:)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



Join the discussion on: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #31

FWIW, I’d believe Lord of Mistake/Steven over my scribble for how you got your light source. I didn’t actually play in those days, so when I wrote the note I had to go off my memory of what Smak told me when I got the item in one of his auctions. I’m sure he told me how it worked - I just didn’t remember it correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #32

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5798
Very cool, this would have functioned in addition to the torch I assume.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #33

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2061

binia wrote: FWIW, I’d believe Lord of Mistake/Steven over my scribble for how you got your light source. I didn’t actually play in those days, so when I wrote the note I had to go off my memory of what Smak told me when I got the item in one of his auctions. I’m sure he told me how it worked - I just didn’t remember it correctly.


It's totally fine. I'm super happy to have gotten this item from you. Besides sharing TD history in this chain, having people chat and getting the stories straight is another reason I did this...hehe.
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #34

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2061

Picc wrote: Very cool, this would have functioned in addition to the torch I assume.


I'm not actually sure, maybe someone remembers?
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook Twitter and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #35

Trent wrote:

Picc wrote: Very cool, this would have functioned in addition to the torch I assume.


I'm not actually sure, maybe someone remembers?


It was in addition to the ONE torch each party got at the start -- so it was a pretty big deal. And yes, you got to carry around the light for the whole dungeon. I hated to kill the idea, but it got too much to manage. And then years later we gave everyone a personal neck-light...so it was then the concept was moot. Maybe someday we can have "read magic" necklaces that you get at the start when you turn in the Rare token. It would be a UV neck-light dipped in silicone, and we would hide a few clues in the dungeon in invisible UV reactive paint.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trent Tokens Presents: True Dungeon History 1 year 3 months ago #36

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5798

Jeff Martin wrote:

Trent wrote:

Picc wrote: Very cool, this would have functioned in addition to the torch I assume.


I'm not actually sure, maybe someone remembers?


It was in addition to the ONE torch each party got at the start -- so it was a pretty big deal. And yes, you got to carry around the light for the whole dungeon. I hated to kill the idea, but it got too much to manage. And then years later we gave everyone a personal neck-light...so it was then the concept was moot. Maybe someday we can have "read magic" necklaces that you get at the start when you turn in the Rare token. It would be a UV neck-light dipped in silicone, and we would hide a few clues in the dungeon in invisible UV reactive paint.



That would be awsome.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds