Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BC's Trade Thread

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #157

jedibcg wrote: Adding 1 Taborlin's Key.

I haven't a clue what it is worth at this point so mostly just a placeholder that I have one that I will trade/sell.


It is two things that are both awesome, it is priceless. You should bring it to Gamehole con in case you find a wild Rothfus to sign it or just use it. Also if you figure out what you would want for it please reach out.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #158

jedibcg wrote: Adding 1 Taborlin's Key.

I haven't a clue what it is worth at this point so mostly just a placeholder that I have one that I will trade/sell.


Best guess on value wouod be $1,000-$1,500.
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Elf Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #159

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10697

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Adding 1 Taborlin's Key.

I haven't a clue what it is worth at this point so mostly just a placeholder that I have one that I will trade/sell.


Best guess on value wouod be $1,000-$1,500.


Not saying you are wrong because I haven't a clue, but what are you basing this guess on?
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #160

jedibcg wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Adding 1 Taborlin's Key.

I haven't a clue what it is worth at this point so mostly just a placeholder that I have one that I will trade/sell.


Best guess on value wouod be $1,000-$1,500.


Not saying you are wrong because I haven't a clue, but what are you basing this guess on?


The donation cost to get one was $1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #161

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10697

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Adding 1 Taborlin's Key.

I haven't a clue what it is worth at this point so mostly just a placeholder that I have one that I will trade/sell.


Best guess on value wouod be $1,000-$1,500.


Not saying you are wrong because I haven't a clue, but what are you basing this guess on?


The donation cost to get one was $1000

Yes, I know. But you got more than the Key for that. To get a Dragon Orb you need to purchase an 8K order, but that doesn't make an Orb worth 8K immediately.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #162

So, the initial "cost" was a 1K donation.

Given that the key is no longer obtainable through this method, I would say scarcity has increased.

If you assume that, cost will likely be over 1K.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #163

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10697

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: So, the initial "cost" was a 1K donation.

Given that the key is no longer obtainable through this method, I would say scarcity has increased.

If you assume that, cost will likely be over 1K.

By that logic honeycombs at $30+ since you got 10 of them they would be wroth $300 and the Key would be closer to $700 would it not?
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #164

I personally expect a cost of $2000-3000 due to scarcity but it GREATLY depends if there's a market for it.

Hard to calculate anything given the low quantities of the token

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #165

jedibcg wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: So, the initial "cost" was a 1K donation.

Given that the key is no longer obtainable through this method, I would say scarcity has increased.

If you assume that, cost will likely be over 1K.

By that logic honeycombs at $30+ since you got 10 of them they would be wroth $300 and the Key would be closer to $700 would it not?


based on scarcity this logic seems valid.

US laws around donations mean Worldbuilders cannot sell an equal value object for a donation for it to count as a donation, so legally it would need to be more like $10 token received for a $30 donation (I don't know if there's an actual ratio, I think it's significantly lower if there is). This would mean more like the token should be "worth" around $233 based on also receiving "guaranteed" 10 $10 tokens at roughly 1/3 value before scarcity. This is all based on significant assumptions and is not legal advice or financial advice.

The comment I made earlier regarding two awesome things being priceless is where scarcity and value can equate to a price above value, and where you could probably get $1500 for a token like that.

I'd never pay money for a token like that. If you're interested, I'd donate $200 to a charity of your choice and take you on a run sometime, or buy you a pizza and (age appropriate) drink. Earning money off a donation like that is ethically out of bounds.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #166

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I personally expect a cost of $2000-3000 due to scarcity but it GREATLY depends if there's a market for it.

Hard to calculate anything given the low quantities of the token


Ethics are a personal thing, clearly.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #167

I wouldn't be shocked if Honeycomb goes for $200+ someday. I'd prefer to not see weird, non-TD ways to get tokens happen in the future.

Crossover of Rothfuss fan, TDer, collector is not vast, but supply is low. If supply increases, obviously different calculation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BC's Trade Thread 1 year 2 days ago #168

jedibcg wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: So, the initial "cost" was a 1K donation.

Given that the key is no longer obtainable through this method, I would say scarcity has increased.

If you assume that, cost will likely be over 1K.

By that logic honeycombs at $30+ since you got 10 of them they would be wroth $300 and the Key would be closer to $700 would it not?


I agree. You basically paid $700 for the key and $300 for 10 honeycombs. I think together the honeycombs will be more valuable than the key. But neither are available any more so it comes down to their contribution for players and their rarity for collectors.

What is the value of 2 slotless HP's? I think this will get above $100 each (transmuted or not).
What is the value of a charm negating 30 damage??? More than a relic, less than a COA IMHO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds