Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transmute Recipes -- Part Two

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #49

kurtreznor wrote:

David Harris wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:
Please remember I want these Relic/Legendary tokens to be a mini-quest within the game for the player. Except for some rare players, most players won't come "naturally" to all the necessary ingredients. I want them to have to search out, trade, and acquire these items -- and feel a sense of accomplishment when they transmute their new awesome token.


Yes! This is always what attracted me to tokens in all honesty, the thrill of the chase! Thanks Jeff!

Brad Mortensen wrote:
I don’t say this to taunt you. But what this year has taught me is, if you get your hands on a bit, never ever let it go.


Yes, and that is the way it always use to be...only the last couple years have the value of Monster bits and Golden Fleece fallen. I agree with trying to get back to the days where each monster bit was worth roughly $8-9 dollars, and Fleece $75-85 dollars. This was pretty consistent for a long time and I have no problem getting back to that model in 2020+.

By including an extra Fleece in the Eldritch recipe basically equates to an extra $50-60 at this point.

These look good to me Jeff.


You cant say that a goal of the recipes is bring fleece/bits back up to a higher price, and then go on to say that the extra fleece only raises cost by the lower fleece price. It can only do one or the other, not both.

Personally, im with brad on this; i thought i had plenty of monster bits to spare. Until yesterday, i had about 80 bits for sale at $5 each for this year $7 each for last year...now i will not sell any of them. Period. I need every single one of them to mulch into fleece. And that still leaves me not making any legendary BECAUSE OF FLEECE. A bit annoying, but i am fine with the new recipes. Making 4 kilts is eating into my monster bit stash, but that is a one time thing. I would, of course, be happy if the fleece was removed from the kilt, but im not getting upset (like i was last night, sorry).


Wasn't really intending to say that.

Was trying to make 2 points...

1) Current price of bits and Fleece is at an all time low; wasn't long ago people were upset that a glut of new monster bits was driving those prices down. With 2020 changes, I feel Jeff is attempting to return them to there former relative worth.

2) And also raising that value now, by increasing the need for them in the current recipes. I'm sure some more learned than me can provide insight into the history of the cost to make Relics and Legendaries. Pretty sure they have both varied over the years to some extent.

For the record I am pro-consistency, but realized things do change, and I believe Jeff never makes decisions like these lightly.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #50

David Harris wrote: Wasn't really intending to say that.

Was trying to make 2 points...

1) Current price of bits and Fleece is at an all time low; wasn't long ago people were upset that a glut of new monster bits was driving those prices down. With 2020 changes, I feel Jeff is attempting to return them to there former relative worth.

2) And also raising that value now, by increasing the need for them in the current recipes. I'm sure some more learned than me can provide insight into the history of the cost to make Relics and Legendaries. Pretty sure they have both varied over the years to some extent.

For the record I am pro-consistency, but realized things do change, and I believe Jeff never makes decisions like these lightly.



Someone needs to search-fu and dig up all the posts that were complaining about the price of fleece and bits.

I really don't think the minority of folks voicing that opinion are representative of the player base.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob Chasan
My Elemental build
My trade list
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #51

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5953
I consider my parities draws per year to be in the mid range. Most years over this past story arc its been a couple hundred. I don't buy fleeces, most years I even manage to sell a few loose bits here or there if someone is looking for a specific one. All that said I currently have 1 fleece in inventory and 6 bit sets each year this arc (so 72 bits for story-line relics) . Even with my recently diminished group size none of those are spares and I'm probably going to have to pass on making most of the smaller transmutes.

At the end of this years transmutes I expect all of those to be gone, to me at least I'm not having any trouble finding things to do with my monster bits.

I think the bigger issue with the price of fleece is that there really isnt much to do with them at the low to mid range (which I consider to be players spending in the tens to couple hundred dollars per character range). IMO if you really want to suck bits out of the economy target those players who feel like they will never have enough bits to do anything worth while.

Something like a +2 rare sword that required you to turn in a monster bit to equip in coaching would do more to suck bits out the economy then adding an extra fleece back onto all the high end recipes that will only be made by a handful of hardcore players. Any in dungeon use would do the job really.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
Last edit: by Picc.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #52

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7846

Harlax wrote: Data is out there. Take a look at Jedi's treasure pull google docs.


IIRC we are currently trending around 22-23% monster bits.


On the 2017 sheet they were running 18-19%



This makes me want to ask what the intended percentage is. Is it 20% and we are just seeing some year to year variance in reported draws? While the data in the google doc is substantial, it is still a sample.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #53

Fiddy wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Due to the expansion of TD runs in the last few years, Monster Bits (and Golden Fleece) have become much more common.


There are more of them, but there are also more people looking for them.

I really am questioning just how common they've become. As of the time I'm writing this (which likely is relying on some out of date info): Kirk apparently has 6 Fleece for sale, Trent appears to have 0, Mike Steele has 0, Matthew Hayward has 5, Chad has an unlisted quantity (but may be still in process of updating his inventory), Ed has none listed (but appears to be in process of inventorying), there are none on ebay.

So, on the market there appear be 11ish. Let's be generous and say Chad, Ed and others bring that up to 30 available.

That does not sound like Fleece are becoming too "common" to me. 30 Fleece. When you look at the the recipes we see right now, that basically means the market has enough fleece for 3 of each transmute to happen.


+1

I looked yesterday and saw that...
Last edit: by Lordoftherealm.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #54

Lordoftherealm wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Due to the expansion of TD runs in the last few years, Monster Bits (and Golden Fleece) have become much more common.


There are more of them, but there are also more people looking for them.

I really am questioning just how common they've become. As of the time I'm writing this (which likely is relying on some out of date info): Kirk apparently has 6 Fleece for sale, Trent appears to have 0, Mike Steele has 0, Matthew Hayward has 5, Chad has an unlisted quantity (but may be still in process of updating his inventory), Ed has none listed (but appears to be in process of inventorying), there are none on ebay.

So, on the market there appear be 11ish. Let's be generous and say Chad, Ed and others bring that up to 30 available.

That does not sound like Fleece are becoming too "common" to me. 30 Fleece. When you look at the the recipes we see right now, that basically means the market has enough fleece for 3 of each transmute to happen.


+1

I looked yesterday and saw that...

i have way more than that. plus a crap ton more to make
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #55

Picc wrote: I consider my parities draws per year to be in the mid range. Most years over this past story arc its been a couple hundred. I don't buy fleeces, most years I even manage to sell a few loose bits here or there if someone is looking for a specific one. All that said I currently have 1 fleece in inventory and 6 bit sets each year this arc (so 72 bits for story-line relics) . Even with my recently diminished group size none of those are spares and I'm probably going to have to pass on making most of the smaller transmutes.

At the end of this years transmutes I expect all of those to be gone, to me at least I'm not having any trouble finding things to do with my monster bits.

I think the bigger issue with the price of fleece is that there really isnt much to do with them at the low to mid range (which I consider to be players spending in the tens to couple hundred dollars per character range).


My party was very disappointed to draw monster bits, even this year, until I learned enough about the transmute process to tell them it isn't bad. You nailed it by saying there isn't much to do with them for players to just run TD to experience it and not to worry about getting more than 3 pulls each run.

On the topic of requiring fleece, and wanting to use more of it this year, could we just get 2 recipes - 1 with extra fleece and lower trade goods, and one the other way around?
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #56

Endgame wrote:

Picc wrote: I consider my parities draws per year to be in the mid range. Most years over this past story arc its been a couple hundred. I don't buy fleeces, most years I even manage to sell a few loose bits here or there if someone is looking for a specific one. All that said I currently have 1 fleece in inventory and 6 bit sets each year this arc (so 72 bits for story-line relics) . Even with my recently diminished group size none of those are spares and I'm probably going to have to pass on making most of the smaller transmutes.

At the end of this years transmutes I expect all of those to be gone, to me at least I'm not having any trouble finding things to do with my monster bits.

I think the bigger issue with the price of fleece is that there really isnt much to do with them at the low to mid range (which I consider to be players spending in the tens to couple hundred dollars per character range).


My party was very disappointed to draw monster bits, even this year, until I learned enough about the transmute process to tell them it isn't bad. You nailed it by saying there isn't much to do with them for players to just run TD to experience it and not to worry about getting more than 3 pulls each run.

On the topic of requiring fleece, and wanting to use more of it this year, could we just get 2 recipes - 1 with extra fleece and lower trade goods, and one the other way around?


Wait, but... but... wow. That’s genius!

How about something like 1 Fleece = 25 Planks?
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #57

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5953

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Picc wrote: I consider my parities draws per year to be in the mid range. Most years over this past story arc its been a couple hundred. I don't buy fleeces, most years I even manage to sell a few loose bits here or there if someone is looking for a specific one. All that said I currently have 1 fleece in inventory and 6 bit sets each year this arc (so 72 bits for story-line relics) . Even with my recently diminished group size none of those are spares and I'm probably going to have to pass on making most of the smaller transmutes.

At the end of this years transmutes I expect all of those to be gone, to me at least I'm not having any trouble finding things to do with my monster bits.

I think the bigger issue with the price of fleece is that there really isnt much to do with them at the low to mid range (which I consider to be players spending in the tens to couple hundred dollars per character range).


My party was very disappointed to draw monster bits, even this year, until I learned enough about the transmute process to tell them it isn't bad. You nailed it by saying there isn't much to do with them for players to just run TD to experience it and not to worry about getting more than 3 pulls each run.

On the topic of requiring fleece, and wanting to use more of it this year, could we just get 2 recipes - 1 with extra fleece and lower trade goods, and one the other way around?


Wait, but... but... wow. That’s genius!

How about something like 1 Fleece = 25 Planks?


How about one step simpler still, 1 monster bit = any single trade1 token (so steel,hide,etc but not bismuth,oil,or argonite).

Actually the idea of turning in a bunch of monster parts rather then trade goods to get a transmute that normally above your token buying station as a reward for years of questing actually sounds really on point from an adventuring perspective and would definitely suck bits out of the market while giving lower spend players a way to save up for relics. Which IMO are the best way to get people to make the jump.

I was 100% a red player until I pulled a random UR from the treasure box and started thinking well now that I have this what else would I need.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
Last edit: by Picc.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #58

Fiddy wrote:

James J Krot wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Due to the expansion of TD runs in the last few years, Monster Bits (and Golden Fleece) have become much more common.


There are more of them, but there are also more people looking for them.

I really am questioning just how common they've become. As of the time I'm writing this (which likely is relying on some out of date info): Kirk apparently has 6 Fleece for sale, Trent appears to have 0, Mike Steele has 0, Matthew Hayward has 5, Chad has an unlisted quantity (but may be still in process of updating his inventory), Ed has none listed (but appears to be in process of inventorying), there are none on ebay.

So, on the market there appear be 11ish. Let's be generous and say Chad, Ed and others bring that up to 30 available.

That does not sound like Fleece are becoming too "common" to me. 30 Fleece. When you look at the the recipes we see right now, that basically means the market has enough fleece for 3 of each transmute to happen.


I recently sold a few and I have 4 more waiting to be transmuted. I am not sure about the rest of you but I get an ungoldly amount of monster bits but I am only transmuting one set of anything.


Great! There's 4 of the 19 I was being generous with in my 30 count :)


I hazard to guess that there are quite a few more floating around but people have:

A. Been sitting on monster bits till the story arc transmute is announced / done (a year or two ago one forum member was talking about having ~100 complete sets of the 2016 monster bits - that’s 40 fleece worth on the sidelines right there).

B. People are unwilling to sell them at the current market rate (prior to yesterday). For example they have routinely been going between 30 and 40 on eBay, but i am not offering mine at that price.

Now that demand is up, prices will rise, and fleece/bits may start coming out of the woodwork.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #59

It’s sad, I had one fleece and turned it into a helm for a friend to use... should have saved it for my kilt.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Recipes -- Part Two 2 years 2 weeks ago #60

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5953

Lordoftherealm wrote: It’s sad, I had one fleece and turned it into a helm for a friend to use... should have saved it for my kilt.


It's never sad to do something nice for a friend, that's have you gain leverage to get them to help you move B)

Seriously though man, good for you. We all get a little caught up on here sometimes. We need to remember, it is just a game and doing something nice for a friend is the best part.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
Last edit: by Picc.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds