Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #121

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5611

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Dave wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: It just occurred to me that this year's class specific relic and legendary tokens can go into the Odin's Medallion, as none of them affect the party card...

Wow, they got better quick.


I think it was a huge mistake to make any of those permanent. I hope that's not a trend.



From what I understand Odin's Medallion can only contain any token not impacting the party card through Origins. After that, only a handful will be able to continue to use that effect. The rest still get a very beneficial -2 to all damage (not including push of course), but will not be able to put other tokens in it.


This is correct. A select few people slid well and got a a great benefit! I'm happy for them.

They will always have access to a power we all dont have, but so do artifact owners. I dont begrudge anyone their benefits.


I like that stuff like this exists. It makes TD feel way more personal :)
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #122

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: It just occurred to me that this year's class specific relic and legendary tokens can go into the Odin's Medallion, as none of them affect the party card...

Wow, they got better quick.


I think it was a huge mistake to make any of those permanent. I hope that's not a trend.


There were so few that actually got permanent probably 5 or less. They are also folks who had pretty darn good builds to begin with. The small number and the fact that their builds were probably better than need be for Nightmare anyway, isn't going to impact the game as a whole. They are also soul bound so they can't be sold off to another player.
The impact this has overall is minuscule.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #123

Bob Chasan wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: It just occurred to me that this year's class specific relic and legendary tokens can go into the Odin's Medallion, as none of them affect the party card...

Wow, they got better quick.


I think it was a huge mistake to make any of those permanent. I hope that's not a trend.


There were so few that actually got permanent probably 5 or less. They are also folks who had pretty darn good builds to begin with. The small number and the fact that their builds were probably better than need be for Nightmare anyway, isn't going to impact the game as a whole. They are also soul bound so they can't be sold off to another player.
The impact this has overall is minuscule.


Agree to disagree. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #124

Mike Steele wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: It just occurred to me that this year's class specific relic and legendary tokens can go into the Odin's Medallion, as none of them affect the party card...

Wow, they got better quick.


I think it was a huge mistake to make any of those permanent. I hope that's not a trend.


There were so few that actually got permanent probably 5 or less. They are also folks who had pretty darn good builds to begin with. The small number and the fact that their builds were probably better than need be for Nightmare anyway, isn't going to impact the game as a whole. They are also soul bound so they can't be sold off to another player.
The impact this has overall is minuscule.


Agree to disagree. :)


ROTFLMAO
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #125

If this were some competitive game, I could see an argument for it being an issue.

As is, it means a few people get to do something neat, that will help out their party. I don't see why their enjoyment would somehow lessen someone else's.

It's a cooperative game, after all is said and done, and groups share in success or failure, do they not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #126

I just took a look at the Kilt, then the Valhalla Amulet, then the kilt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #127

Lordoftherealm wrote: I just took a look at the Kilt, then the Valhalla Amulet, then the kilt.


On that note, anyone need an Amulet of Valhalla?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 11 months 1 week ago #128

Arnold wrote:

Lordoftherealm wrote: I just took a look at the Kilt, then the Valhalla Amulet, then the kilt.


On that note, anyone need an Amulet of Valhalla?


lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 10 months 1 week ago #129

Why does the Bard Legendary Token have hand icons on it? Based on how the Token notes describe it you can perform standard actions when using it. So it's basically a slotless Legendary Token, correct? I will be running through some new builds this weekend but from the looks of it the Bard will wind up with an "extra" +3 Strength/+4 Constitution vs. the Druid and Rogue because the Bard will retain it's UR neck slot item. And going forward it will have this advantage over the other classes (so will the Paladin) once other Legendary class specific UR's start arriving.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 10 months 1 week ago #130

Rob F wrote: Why does the Bard Legendary Token have hand icons on it?

Because (to date) all bard instruments are two-handed.

Rob F wrote: So it's basically a slotless Legendary Token, correct?

You still have to hold it to play it. It's the ✨MAGIC✨ that allows you to do other stuff while holding/playing it.

Friendly Reminder: Magic does not hold up well to real-world logic. B)
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 10 months 5 days ago #131

Are 2016, 2018, and 2018 completion tokens used for any builds anymore?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL Notes about 2019 Tokens 10 months 4 days ago #132

Donald Rients wrote: Are 2016, 2018, and 2018 completion tokens used for any builds anymore?


Not sure what you’re asking.

The only thing for which completion (or volunteer) tokens were ever a requirement was RoH, and that was announced at the start of the cycle. There was never any indication from TPTB that that sort of thing would continue, but there was a lot of speculation, as people do, and many hung onto sets “just in case.” But nothing was ever announced either way. Since there was no announcement in 2016, I’d have been very surprised if Jeff sprang a surprise recipe on us. If he did, I missed it.

If nothing else, they can always be mulched.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.127 seconds