Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #61

I will cast one more vote for the Lenses of Vital Insight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #62

Xavon wrote: The Cabal set is an interesting suggestion. It's pretty powerful if the whole team uses them, but nearly worthless on it's own. The set bonus is the same as the Bracelets of the Zephyr, so if you have both, the Cabal set loses even more worth unless one has the members to support it.

I'd rather seen a new set that is similar but more independently useful.


Point of order: the canal set bonus lets you cast a second spell as a free action 1/room.

Bracelets of the zepyhr have been nerfed to cast a second spell *as a scroll* as a free action 1/room.

So the cabal power is way better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #63

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Xavon wrote: The Cabal set is an interesting suggestion. It's pretty powerful if the whole team uses them, but nearly worthless on it's own. The set bonus is the same as the Bracelets of the Zephyr, so if you have both, the Cabal set loses even more worth unless one has the members to support it.

I'd rather seen a new set that is similar but more independently useful.


Point of order: the canal set bonus lets you cast a second spell as a free action 1/room.

Bracelets of the zepyhr have been nerfed to cast a second spell *as a scroll* as a free action 1/room.

So the cabal power is way better.


Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #64

Flik wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Xavon wrote: The Cabal set is an interesting suggestion. It's pretty powerful if the whole team uses them, but nearly worthless on it's own. The set bonus is the same as the Bracelets of the Zephyr, so if you have both, the Cabal set loses even more worth unless one has the members to support it.

I'd rather seen a new set that is similar but more independently useful.


Point of order: the canal set bonus lets you cast a second spell as a free action 1/room.

Bracelets of the zepyhr have been nerfed to cast a second spell *as a scroll* as a free action 1/room.

So the cabal power is way better.


Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference?



Spells cast “as a scroll” can not be further modified by spell boosting items.

This is somewhat further confused by the fact that now there are items (Greater Arcane Scroll Tube) that boost scrolls.

“As a scroll” is just rules speak for “unmodifiable in any way.”

Where actuall scrolls can be modified by things that specifically modify scrolls.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #65

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Flik wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Xavon wrote: The Cabal set is an interesting suggestion. It's pretty powerful if the whole team uses them, but nearly worthless on it's own. The set bonus is the same as the Bracelets of the Zephyr, so if you have both, the Cabal set loses even more worth unless one has the members to support it.

I'd rather seen a new set that is similar but more independently useful.


Point of order: the canal set bonus lets you cast a second spell as a free action 1/room.

Bracelets of the zepyhr have been nerfed to cast a second spell *as a scroll* as a free action 1/room.

So the cabal power is way better.


Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference?



Spells cast “as a scroll” can not be further modified by spell boosting items.

This is somewhat further confused by the fact that now there are items (Greater Arcane Scroll Tube) that boost scrolls.

“As a scroll” is just rules speak for “unmodifiable in any way.”

Where actuall scrolls can be modified by things that specifically modify scrolls.


Wow I didn't know that. Not that I use scrolls. Makes sense.

But I did run in to something interesting on my N3 run. We finished a room (I'm not sure what room) early and everyone had taken some AoE damage. The Druid that was on the run was talking with the DM and the DM said "Everyone heals 9 points". I was very confused so I asked the DM what happened and he said the Druid turned in a scroll. I then had some weird misconception in my head about +healing affecting scrolls. I think he used a Scroll of Loki's Blessing (is that the only AoE scroll?). Maybe the DM didn't know not to add his +healing on to the scroll, but we definitely all healed for 9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #66

Perhaps he turned in 3 of those scrolls? Even if he had +6 to heals, that's a pool to be distributed among all targets.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #67

Kirk Bauer wrote:
4) +2 Sacred Sling: pretty much impossible to find


Bump +1

It feels as if though all of these were transmuted into the IO Bow; and, because of this, so many of us clerics are without an amazing divine ranged weapon for when we want to get our War Priest on. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aothos.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #68

Lets reprint the Charms this year

Charm of Broaching
Mad Invokers Charm
Questor's Charm of Luck
Charm of Spell Swapping

Next year go with another slot, say a back slot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #69

Mike Coon wrote: Lets reprint the Charms this year

Charm of Broaching
Mad Invokers Charm
Questor's Charm of Luck
Charm of Spell Swapping

Next year go with another slot, say a back slot


I'm betting Jeff will want to spread the slots for reprinting around more than that. I like the idea of reprinting the Charm of Broaching and the best candidate for a back slot reprint in the same year personally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #70

Mike Steele wrote:

Mike Coon wrote: Lets reprint the Charms this year

Charm of Broaching
Mad Invokers Charm
Questor's Charm of Luck
Charm of Spell Swapping

Next year go with another slot, say a back slot


I'm betting Jeff will want to spread the slots for reprinting around more than that. I like the idea of reprinting the Charm of Broaching and the best candidate for a back slot reprint in the same year personally.


It's way too soon to reprint both the Charm of Broaching and Cloak of Shadowskin. They are from 2014 and went out of print in 2016, that's not that long ago. Reprints should be out of print for a minimum of 5-6 years before being considered again in my opinion. Something like the Mithral Gauntlets or 2012 and under seem like better candidates to me.
"The Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity."

Boom goes the Devil Drake when this Rogue slides a 20 with a Holy Hand Grenade.

My Rogue Build: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=244107&limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #71

JACKOFTRADZE wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Mike Coon wrote: Lets reprint the Charms this year

Charm of Broaching
Mad Invokers Charm
Questor's Charm of Luck
Charm of Spell Swapping

Next year go with another slot, say a back slot


I'm betting Jeff will want to spread the slots for reprinting around more than that. I like the idea of reprinting the Charm of Broaching and the best candidate for a back slot reprint in the same year personally.


It's way too soon to reprint both the Charm of Broaching and Cloak of Shadowskin. They are from 2014 and went out of print in 2016, that's not that long ago. Reprints should be out of print for a minimum of 5-6 years before being considered again in my opinion. Something like the Mithral Gauntlets or 2012 and under seem like better candidates to me.


While I agree the Mithral Gauntlets are overdue, I strongly disagree that it's too soon for the Charm of Brooching and/or Cloak of Shadowskin(or any of the sought after tokens from '14 for that matter). Elapsed time has never been the sole determining factor on whether a token should or should not be reprinted. The main factors have always been playability/desirability, scarcity vs demand and current market value. Basically, do players want it, is it hard to find and is it expensive to acquire. Other factors typically considered(is it part of a set, is there a similar functioning substitution available, is there a precedent for not reprinting it, etc.) generally don't apply here. Not to say there aren't other tokens to consider, but don't rule something out due to how long it's been out of print. Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kubu. Reason: Grammar

2019 Reprinted Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #72

Kubu wrote:

JACKOFTRADZE wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Mike Coon wrote: Lets reprint the Charms this year

Charm of Broaching
Mad Invokers Charm
Questor's Charm of Luck
Charm of Spell Swapping

Next year go with another slot, say a back slot


I'm betting Jeff will want to spread the slots for reprinting around more than that. I like the idea of reprinting the Charm of Broaching and the best candidate for a back slot reprint in the same year personally.


It's way too soon to reprint both the Charm of Broaching and Cloak of Shadowskin. They are from 2014 and went out of print in 2016, that's not that long ago. Reprints should be out of print for a minimum of 5-6 years before being considered again in my opinion. Something like the Mithral Gauntlets or 2012 and under seem like better candidates to me.


While I agree the Mithral Gauntlets are overdue, I strongly disagree that it's too soon for the Charm of Brooching and/or Cloak of Shadowskin(or any of the sought after tokens from '14 for that matter). Elapsed time has never been the sole determining factor on whether or not a token should or should not be reprinted. The main factors have always been playability/desirability, scarcity vs demand and current market value. Basically, do players want it, is it hard to find and is it expensive to acquire. Other factors typically considered(is it part of a set, is there a similar functioning substitution available, is there a precedent for not reprinting it, etc.) generally don't apply here. Not to say there aren't other tokens to consider, but don't rule something out due to how long it's been out of print. Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.


I agree with Kubu, and the Gloves the the Brute took a ton of wind out of Mithral Gauntlet's sails.

Mithral Gauntlets were going for over $300 in 2014. I don't think anyone would pay more than $200 today.

I think next year might be time for a new gloves slot melee booster, or a reprint of Mithral or Brute.

Brute is still readily available for less than $200.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds