Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #193

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Lucky Mitts - Hands - All

Your Melee to-hit bonus becomes an unmodifiable +7


Transmute to relic: unlucky mitts - unmodifiable +13 to-hit

Legendary blackjack mitts - unmodifiable +21 to-hit
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #194

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Ioun Stone Lanthanide Cylinder - Ioun - All

-3 to melee hit and damage
-8 from melee damage

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Lucky Mitts - Hands - All

Your Melee to-hit bonus becomes an unmodifiable +7


You realize if you did both of these they negate each other? You get the benefits of the Lathanide and none of the negatives.

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #195

MasterED wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Ioun Stone Lanthanide Cylinder - Ioun - All

-3 to melee hit and damage
-8 from melee damage

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Lucky Mitts - Hands - All

Your Melee to-hit bonus becomes an unmodifiable +7


You realize if you did both of these they negate each other? You get the benefits of the Lathanide and none of the negatives.

Ed

Is that such a bad thing necessarily?

Maybe the number need tuning, but 2 slots to give yourself a modest melee to hit and damage reduction doesnt sound that awful. It's at least a different build idea.

If anything I dont think they are all that good on their own. +7 is very easy for any red melee type, and kind of useless for wizards anyhow.

Melee DR isnt that useful. Look at how little we create about AC.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #196

MasterED wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Ioun Stone Lanthanide Cylinder - Ioun - All

-3 to melee hit and damage
-8 from melee damage

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ultra Rare - Lucky Mitts - Hands - All

Your Melee to-hit bonus becomes an unmodifiable +7


You realize if you did both of these they negate each other? You get the benefits of the Lathanide and none of the negatives.

Ed

Is that such a bad thing necessarily?

Maybe the numbers need tuning, but 2 slots to give yourself a modest melee to hit and damage reduction doesn't sound that awful. It's at least a different build idea.

If anything I don't think they are all that good on their own. +7 is very easy for any red melee type, and kind of useless for wizards anyhow.

Melee DR isnt that useful. Look at how little we care about AC.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #197

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Fiddy wrote: Required Gloves - allows you to bypass stat requirements for wielding weapons.


Something so clerics and dwarven fighters can use Thor's hammer perhaps? ;)


This Dwarf is using the Hammer now. :)

I'm hoping the kilt transmute will fix the issue.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #198

Fiddy wrote:

Starkhound (Edwin) wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: Redoubt Greaves! +2 AC and Free Action

YES! It's time for UR greaves and a different path to use the set "Redoubt" would be great. It doesn't need to have a 4th set, just a different way to achieve the set already established.


Keep in mind that greaves are theoretically treasure box only. So UR greaves would be truly hard to get.


Greaves were coming out of the treasure boxes/ bags like candy from a Pez dispenser this year. :P

Unless you mean them to have .5% chance URs seem to have currently.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #199

Grekel! wrote: So....
Right now, there are two boots, two pairs of pants, and one amulet that grant straight-up free movement. 5 items, 3 slots, one UR. Just wondering if it is a thing to consider, to incorporate that ability into another UR slot?


Especially if the kilt Transmute grants free movement.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #200

Harlax wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Starkhound (Edwin) wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: Redoubt Greaves! +2 AC and Free Action

YES! It's time for UR greaves and a different path to use the set "Redoubt" would be great. It doesn't need to have a 4th set, just a different way to achieve the set already established.


Keep in mind that greaves are theoretically treasure box only. So UR greaves would be truly hard to get.


Greaves were coming out of the treasure boxes/ bags like candy from a Pez dispenser this year. :P

Unless you mean them to have .5% chance URs seem to have currently.


I'd heard stories of a year where the treasure boxes were giving out Ring of Heroism like candy from a Pez dispenser. Was it kind of like the greaves in our current boxes? I had to buy 3x RoH in the last year. Wish it'd been like taking candy from a treasure box.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C


Trades
My Elemental build
WTB: Onyx polymorph Potions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #201

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6615

Arnold wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Starkhound (Edwin) wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: Redoubt Greaves! +2 AC and Free Action

YES! It's time for UR greaves and a different path to use the set "Redoubt" would be great. It doesn't need to have a 4th set, just a different way to achieve the set already established.


Keep in mind that greaves are theoretically treasure box only. So UR greaves would be truly hard to get.


Greaves were coming out of the treasure boxes/ bags like candy from a Pez dispenser this year. :P

Unless you mean them to have .5% chance URs seem to have currently.


I'd heard stories of a year where the treasure boxes were giving out Ring of Heroism like candy from a Pez dispenser. Was it kind of like the greaves in our current boxes? I had to buy 3x RoH in the last year. Wish it'd been like taking candy from a treasure box.



They were never quite that common, but there was a year when the last arcane recepie was turned in to super charge the treasure box, a lot of RoH were given out that year, but not an insane amount. My group did about 100 pulls from the super box that year and we got a Dracolich claw charm & +2 holy great sword to give you an idea of the super charged volumes.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #202

This concept has been mentioned before but:

UR token (slot undecided) for spell casters:
1/game may convert damage spell into an absorption shield cast on self (or ally?) equal to spell's damage.

UR token (slot undecided) for healers:
1/game may convert healing spell into damage spell cast on enemy equal to spell's healing.

Could be 1/room if in a "high budget" slot.
Playing True Dungeon since 2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #203

Spiked/Bladed/Barbed Shield
+(2/3) AC +5 Retribution damage
1/combat charge enemy inflicting total retribution damage as melee attack (slide shield).
Paladin/Fighter/(maybe) Cleric
Playing True Dungeon since 2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #204

Headband of Healing Ki
Flurry of blows successful attacks heal ally or self 2 hp.
Monk
Playing True Dungeon since 2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds