Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #145

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256
MEC needs a companion blood-magic piece. One that a companion must sacrifice HP to work.

The Abyssal Belt of the DarkMage

Power -?- Must be used with MEC, and triples base spell. Blood sacrifice must be voluntary. Only Paladin blood or Cleric blood can be used?

Or

Mad Bomber’s Flask of Conflagration, sacrifice 50HP (must have 50) and quadruple one spell. 1/game.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #146

Grekel! wrote:
Mad Bomber’s Flask of Conflagration, sacrifice 50HP (must have 50) and quadruple one spell. 1/game.


As a extra detriment must slide to hit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #147

Xavon wrote: Ioun Stone Turquoise Crescent
Immune to Blindness, Fear, Petrification, Charm, and Silence
Usable by: All


I really like that one, Xavon.
Meaning: I'd quite possibly equip it instead of an ISSN, with how crowded the Ioun slots are getting.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #148

Matthew Hayward wrote: UR Charm of Transposition - Charm - All

Force the DM to swap the position of your puck with any other puck (other puck owner must agree) 1/combat


This is another idea I could get behind...
But you'd have to have rules about how (/if) this caused any damage dots to be re-aligned. I could see conflict arising if the DM twisted the pucks as he swapped them, and accidentally decreased the potential damage.
I could also see players min/maxing this to get certain pucks into better alignment with regards to damage dots...particularly ones which have special effect markings.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #149

Raven wrote:

Xavon wrote: Ioun Stone Turquoise Crescent
Immune to Blindness, Fear, Petrification, Charm, and Silence
Usable by: All


I really like that one, Xavon.
Meaning: I'd quite possibly equip it instead of an ISSN, with how crowded the Ioun slots are getting.


I like it also, although it would take one of our non-TE slots. I think of it like, as of two years from now, people in our group only have two Ioun Stone slots, the other three are permanently locked down with TE tokens. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #150

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256

Mike Steele wrote:

Raven wrote:

Xavon wrote: Ioun Stone Turquoise Crescent
Immune to Blindness, Fear, Petrification, Charm, and Silence
Usable by: All


I really like that one, Xavon.
Meaning: I'd quite possibly equip it instead of an ISSN, with how crowded the Ioun slots are getting.


I like it also, although it would take one of our non-TE slots. I think of it like, as of two years from now, people in our group only have two Ioun Stone slots, the other three are permanently locked down with TE tokens. :)

Agree - it would be competitive in that slot.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #151

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256
So....
Right now, there are two boots, two pairs of pants, and one amulet that grant straight-up free movement. 5 items, 3 slots, one UR. Just wondering if it is a thing to consider, to incorporate that ability into another UR slot?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #152

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5848

Grekel! wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Raven wrote:

Xavon wrote: Ioun Stone Turquoise Crescent
Immune to Blindness, Fear, Petrification, Charm, and Silence
Usable by: All


I really like that one, Xavon.
Meaning: I'd quite possibly equip it instead of an ISSN, with how crowded the Ioun slots are getting.


I like it also, although it would take one of our non-TE slots. I think of it like, as of two years from now, people in our group only have two Ioun Stone slots, the other three are permanently locked down with TE tokens. :)

Agree - it would be competitive in that slot.


I would be cautious of any token that makes it to easy for players to avoid interacting with room states. I cant see it being allowed to function normally in practice.

In terms of slot crowding, I hope we see an orbits reprint at some point in the Znugget cycle, I suspect it would be very popular as a pyp.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #153

Picc wrote:

Grekel! wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Raven wrote:

Xavon wrote: Ioun Stone Turquoise Crescent
Immune to Blindness, Fear, Petrification, Charm, and Silence
Usable by: All


I really like that one, Xavon.
Meaning: I'd quite possibly equip it instead of an ISSN, with how crowded the Ioun slots are getting.


I like it also, although it would take one of our non-TE slots. I think of it like, as of two years from now, people in our group only have two Ioun Stone slots, the other three are permanently locked down with TE tokens. :)

Agree - it would be competitive in that slot.


I would be cautious of any token that makes it to easy for players to avoid interacting with room states. I cant see it being allowed to function normally in practice.

In terms of slot crowding, I hope we see an orbits reprint at some point in the Znugget cycle, I suspect it would be very popular as a pyp.


While I like the original token, I think it is a little too good.
It is already tough enough to threaten high end players.
HP really isnt the way.
Effects are a larger threat to be sure.
Cancelling too many at once is too much.
Consider Medallion of Greyhawk or Ioun Stone Lavender Ellipse. Granted both are underpowered now, but don't make the mistake of going too far, too fast.

Earcuff of Orbits will be on a lot of peoples request for reprint list in 2022 I suspect. 2021 is also possible, but probably too soon.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #154

Boilerplate wrote: I haven’t seen the obligatory “spell book” or “anything that makes intel matter” suggestions in this thread yet, so I will resurrect an idea from an older post.


I always liked the idea of a UR intelligent weapon that is transmutable. (You have to be smarter than the weapon to use it.) Then give it special abilities as you transmute up.

UR level: on a hit it can cast bless, once per dungeon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #155

Grekel! wrote: So....
Right now, there are two boots, two pairs of pants, and one amulet that grant straight-up free movement. 5 items, 3 slots, one UR. Just wondering if it is a thing to consider, to incorporate that ability into another UR slot?


Wayfinders goggles : free movement & +1 to-hit ranged

Wayfinders cap : +1 saves

Wayfinders compass (slotless) : cannot be surprised (*edit: or 'prevent being surprised 1/game')

Wayfinder set bonus: +1 level

If THAT doesnt convince red players to make the jump to their first UR purchase, i dont know what will.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kurtreznor.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #156

  • Ramsildor
  • Ramsildor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
  • Posts: 477
+2 Celestial Greaves
+1 to hit vs. “Outsiders”, Part of the Celestial set

Celestial Mail of the Mind

+6 to AC, Imbues Psychic power, Part of Celestial Set

+2 Celestial Keen Long Sword of Vengeance
keen edge, Wheel would mimic the +2 Slayer sword, Bard, Ranger, Fighter, Barbarian, Rogue, Druid. Part of the Celestial set

This includes the older set
When all three items are equipped, the wearer becomes immune to melee and mental attacks from evil outsiders. “Outsiders” are natives of other planes of existence, including angels and demons.
When four items are worn 3 pts of Eldritch retributive damage to all Outsiders
When five items are worn 3 pts of Eldritch retributive damage to all Outsiders and all critical hits do double damage to Outsiders


Transmute the +2 Celestial Keen Long Sword of Vengeance and any other +1 or above UR bladed weapon to create the (as well as trade goods)

+3 Celestial Keen Long Sword of Ultimate Vengeance
Keen Edge 18-20, Wheel mimics +3 Slayer sword, usable by Bard, Ranger, Fighter, Barbarian, Rogue, Druid
Didn’t add Paladins, Holy Men shouldn’t be seeking Vengeance
"You don't stop playing because you grow old;
you grow old because you stop playing."
- Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ramsildor.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds