Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #133

Boilerplate wrote: Do wizards (elf or human) have a BIS UR for the eyes? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think most run with the R Lenses of Focus. Would be nice to see an upgrade for this slot. Maybe greater focus (+2). Or for something different, lenses that allow spells “cast as a scroll” to receive spell bonuses. Or psychic lenses would be nice too (free up a head, neck, or IS slot currently used for psychic powers).


You're right that arcane spellcasters best eye slot option is probably Lenses of Focus (maybe Lenses of Sage Speed in a niche build).

Earlier I proposed a wand boosting eye slot cabal set item for that purpose, or a simple +2 Lenses of Focus would be interesting.

Certainly an item that allowed modifiers to apply to "as a scroll" things would be interesting too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #134

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Boilerplate wrote: Do wizards (elf or human) have a BIS UR for the eyes? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think most run with the R Lenses of Focus. Would be nice to see an upgrade for this slot. Maybe greater focus (+2). Or for something different, lenses that allow spells “cast as a scroll” to receive spell bonuses. Or psychic lenses would be nice too (free up a head, neck, or IS slot currently used for psychic powers).


You're right that arcane spellcasters best eye slot option is probably Lenses of Focus (maybe Lenses of Sage Speed in a niche build).

Earlier I proposed a wand boosting eye slot cabal set item for that purpose, or a simple +2 Lenses of Focus would be interesting.

Certainly an item that allowed modifiers to apply to "as a scroll" things would be interesting too.


I've seen more than one Wizard put together a pretty rocking build built around Lenses of Sage Speed, both in Grind and in the Dungeon. They may not have had as much top-end damage, but tons of consistent damage round over round against multiple targets. And probably the fastest spellcaster activity I've seen.

I think one of the keys though is that you need multiple targets for the build to be worthwhile. So, last year's dungeon that had multiple targets in every combat was great for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #135

Fiddy wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Boilerplate wrote: Do wizards (elf or human) have a BIS UR for the eyes? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think most run with the R Lenses of Focus. Would be nice to see an upgrade for this slot. Maybe greater focus (+2). Or for something different, lenses that allow spells “cast as a scroll” to receive spell bonuses. Or psychic lenses would be nice too (free up a head, neck, or IS slot currently used for psychic powers).


You're right that arcane spellcasters best eye slot option is probably Lenses of Focus (maybe Lenses of Sage Speed in a niche build).

Earlier I proposed a wand boosting eye slot cabal set item for that purpose, or a simple +2 Lenses of Focus would be interesting.

Certainly an item that allowed modifiers to apply to "as a scroll" things would be interesting too.


A second key thought is you have to be willing to burn multiple consumables per round. I’ve done it - but realistically the number of people willing to burn 2 rare scrolls a round for several rounds in grind had to be less than 10.

I've seen more than one Wizard put together a pretty rocking build built around Lenses of Sage Speed, both in Grind and in the Dungeon. They may not have had as much top-end damage, but tons of consistent damage round over round against multiple targets. And probably the fastest spellcaster activity I've seen.

I think one of the keys though is that you need multiple targets for the build to be worthwhile. So, last year's dungeon that had multiple targets in every combat was great for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #136

How about boots for the paladin? Boots of Protection- allows 2nd guard (frees up neck slot) or Boots of Radiant Smite: +4 damage to evil and undead and maybe free movement. Could possibly add to Redoubt or Templar sets.
Avatar Artwork courtesy of Mauve Shirt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #137

Beertram wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Starkhound (Edwin) wrote:

PalaDan wrote: +1 to redoubt greaves!

Also +1 to a 1-h holy weapon for paladins that can eventually transmute to a holy avenger.


Make it a Holy Weapon that clerics can also wield! So maybe not a sword...


What about something like was suggested above, where there is a holy weapon that can banish an evil outsider with a max damage star on a 20?

Holy mace, holy hammer?


The holy sword is iconic. They can do other Holy weapons but at our hart, all of us paladins really want it to be a sword.

You might find a paladin somewhere that disagrees but there likely a anti paladin in disguise.


Another holy weapon was the Holy Water Sprinkler. Perhaps they could reprint Holy Water as a common and Clerics and Paladins could use them like ammo to do additional damage with the Holy Water Sprinkler.


Aspergillum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #138

Lordoftherealm wrote:

Beertram wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Starkhound (Edwin) wrote:

PalaDan wrote: +1 to redoubt greaves!

Also +1 to a 1-h holy weapon for paladins that can eventually transmute to a holy avenger.


Make it a Holy Weapon that clerics can also wield! So maybe not a sword...


What about something like was suggested above, where there is a holy weapon that can banish an evil outsider with a max damage star on a 20?

Holy mace, holy hammer?


The holy sword is iconic. They can do other Holy weapons but at our hart, all of us paladins really want it to be a sword.

You might find a paladin somewhere that disagrees but there likely a anti paladin in disguise.


Another holy weapon was the Holy Water Sprinkler. Perhaps they could reprint Holy Water as a common and Clerics and Paladins could use them like ammo to do additional damage with the Holy Water Sprinkler.


Aspergillum?


I think that is the ceremonial version of it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #139

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256

kurtreznor wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote: I’d like to see either a reprint of or a functional equivalent for the charm of cabal. It’s been 5 years so perhaps it’s time again


New cabal items would be cool. There isnt a cabal item for wands yet.


Cabal quartet? Make it a cabal wand?
+2 Wand of the Cabal

I mean since apparently wands are permanents now... (Missed that somehow...)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #140

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256

kurtreznor wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: UR Earcuff of Prehensility - Ear - Druid, Wizard

When polymorphed you may use magic items like wands, scrolls, etc.

(I'm hoping to get this + shirt of the Fae really, truly mean polymorph with no restrictions).


YES PLEASE! Give us back the abilities we lost when they changed the definition of 'no polymorph restrictions'.


Second this!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #141

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1256

kurtreznor wrote: +2 drows sap (3,3,6,6) '20' stuns for 1 round


Very interesting - I like it! Usable by all?

Once per combat?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #142

Haven’t gotten through more than the first page of this but thought I’d ask.

Shuriken of Awesome
Damage, pluses and stuffs, flurry of blows usable

Does a weapon for monks at UR ranged like that exist? I was not aware in 2014 of how awesome things were and totes missed some gloves. I was hoping Asher had a younger brother that liked Shuriken enough to have some cool ones made that were better than your average bears monks Shuriken of Shock, maybe Reshi knows a blacksmith? I saw more Viper Strike talked on page one, Viper Strike Shuriken seem like they would need to be +1 returning Shuriken, and some poor fool might want a relic version.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #143

Earcuff of Focus
+2 Ranged/Spells
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ultra-Rare Token Suggestions 1 year 10 months ago #144

We have a lot of earrings that do a lot of things with bardsong, perhaps an earing that adds bardsong damage bonus to wands, and another that adds it to scrolls, allow for more build diversity? Also possibly a scroll version of the +2 wand damage ioun stone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds